Looking for MFP friends!!

Options
Hi, everyone!! My name is Mary and I just turned 41 on 11/28. I have been practicing Intermittent Fasting since August 15, 2021 and have lost 125 pounds. I started out at 246 and anyhow 125 pounds. I have also completely changed my eating habits. I used to start every day with a can of Dr Pepper and would drink sweet tea the rest of the day. Now I only drink water with a very occasional Dr Pepper or sweet tea. I am now just trying to maintain my weight loss and have been able to maintain for about 2 weeks now. I am always looking for new friends and would love to hear from some of you!! 💖

Replies

• CRisley3
    CRisley3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bright blessings, Mary! I am Christal and have been 43 since June. ;)

I have attempted intermittent fasting the past couple of months and keep failing at it as I lose the motivation to continue. After a week of unhealthy eating, I get disgusted and attempt it again only to fail again.

However, this time I am determined to make the lifestyle change and stick with it. We even got a dog with hopes I'd be more motivated to walk... Sadly, I remained lazy for the 10 months that we have had her and she is now gaining weight. So, I know we have to change our ways if I want the both of us to live a long life.

Today was the second day I have completed my intermittent fasting AND got up at 8:30am to take her for a walk. Now here's to many more active days!!
  • texasgirl4eva1236
    Options
    Hi Mary, Congratulations!! I know it's not easy. I have to loose 200 lbs to be healthy (I"ve lost about 125 before), I know if I stick with the changes and make them part of what I do as a normal habit, I'll be ok. I started IF in October this year, for God and my body not just for my body. I used to bodybuild in high school and I really miss being healthy. I have my own bakery so that doesn't help much, but I believe that's not a problem, thank God. I started IF for the standard 16/8 and now do 20/4 and some days a full 24 hours. It's amazing how much we can help our bodies by just doing the work. I'm good with my nutrition, the part where I struggle is motivation to work out. Once I do though, I'm addicted, it's just getting that first step done and staying consistent that seems to be the major problem. Anyway, God bless y'all and I hope everyone keeps pushing to their goals and overtakes them so new goals have to be made :) The one thing that gets me fired up the most is other female bodybuilders that just don't give up!
  • jimdavidson9508
    jimdavidson9508 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have decided to go down fasting route on the 16:8 schedule. You did fantastically well so gives me the confidence to get started.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,882 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!! My name is Mary and I just turned 41 on 11/28. I have been practicing Intermittent Fasting since August 15, 2021 and have lost 125 pounds. I started out at 246 and anyhow 125 pounds. I have also completely changed my eating habits. I used to start every day with a can of Dr Pepper and would drink sweet tea the rest of the day. Now I only drink water with a very occasional Dr Pepper or sweet tea. I am now just trying to maintain my weight loss and have been able to maintain for about 2 weeks now. I am always looking for new friends and would love to hear from some of you!! 💖

Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss success! You can equally succeed at the maintenance phase of weight management, but the challenges are of course a bit different. (I'm in year 7.)

I'm kind of a crummy MFP friend on that side of things, but wanted to congratulate you and suggest - if you haven't yet - that you check out the "Goal: Maintaining Weight" part of the MFP Community. There's some good stuff in the "Most Helpful Posts" in that area.

Also, there's a monthly accountability thread there where maintainers report how they're doing with maintaining, and support each other. That could be a place to find some like-minded people to be good MFP friends for you, as well some support from the thread itself. Here's a direct link to this month's thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878864/december-2022-maintainers-check-in#latest

Wishing you continuing success in weight management!
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Mary, you and I have a lot in common. My birthday was November 28th too and I've lost 63 pounds since March 2021 by Intermittent Fasting. I'm sure I could have lost more but I haven't been that strict. I've worked up to eating OMAD but sometimes I'll eat TMAD if a social occasion comes up. When I eat two, I try to keep the portions small and watch that I don't load up on carbs.

I'm happy that the 63 pounds I've lost are gone for good and I don't have a voracious appetite anymore. I'm finally in control of my eating and food doesn't control me.

Sure, I'd love to be your friend. Will send you a friend request.
  • AussieKT96
    AussieKT96 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I try to stick with 16/8 from Thursday to Sunday and Monday to Wednesday just eat as usual. This has helped a lot as the start of the week is usually busier for me and I feel flat if I don’t have breakfast or an early morning snack.

Hoping to see some changes soon