What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Waking up 2 hours before my alarm. My nerves getting the best of me.
    Is today the day of your surgery?
  • IslandGal3
    IslandGal3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yes…just checked in.

• TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Yes…just checked in.

Thinking of you today❤️
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options

You're in my thoughts today Jenni 🩷
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,009 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way 🙏
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    It’s rainy, windy, and cold - and I feel sick already - but I need to go to the grocery store if I want to eat something halfway healthy tonight. But first I have to make it a few more hours in my ****** day job.

All while finding out I bought the wrong gift for my Dad for Christmas, which might not even get here in time. And my mom asking me more questions about Christmas stuff, which I can’t answer because more last-minute work assignments keep getting piled on top of me. And I have no idea what to get my grandmother for Christmas, or what to get my brother for his upcoming birthday.

Fun times.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    My sister won’t tell me why she asked me for five female bands or solo artist that I listened to growing up
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,009 Member
    Options
    My sister won’t tell me why she asked me for five female bands or solo artist that I listened to growing up
    Maybe she's making you a decoupage plaque for Christmas?🤷‍♀️😁
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Maybe she's making you a decoupage plaque for Christmas?🤷‍♀️😁

😂 likely
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    The $20 heater I bought in Dollar General sucks *kitten*
  • watch_out_for_that_tree
    Options

Sucks in one side, blows out the other
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Sucks in one side, blows out the other
    That’s what she said
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,786 Member
    Options
    I think I caught sickness from my grandkids……🤧😵😪
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    My family was supposed to leave Friday afternoon for Pagosa, CO for a weekend of skiing at Wolf Creek. I've been looking forward to it since I booked the hotel in late October. I also booked snowboarding lessons for my two boys as it is their first time and a private lesson for myself as I haven't skied in about 8 years or so. I also booked a 7:40 AM equipment rental and fit for us in order to avoid the cattle call for equipment rental. All of this is non-refundable.

On Monday we took my youngest to the Dr. as he was very sick and running a temperature of 103.2 even with taking Motrin and he tested positive for the flu. As of this morning my wife and my other son have also come down with it. I get my flu shot every year pretty much like clockwork in October and I'm unscathed...but my wife nor my two kids have gotten the flu shot this year and now it's looking likely that we will have to cancel this trip and I'm going to be out a bunch of money.

I can recoup some of it as the hotel will only charge me for 1 night plus taxes and fees instead of 3 and I can move my other ski reservations and lessons at the cost of $25 per incident which comes out to $100 fee to change equipment rental fit and $75 to move my and my kids' lessons to another date (which we need to know when and we have to do it by tomorrow morning)...so even then I'm out around $330 for a weekend that didn't happen plus the cost that will be incurred to go whatever other weekend.

I'm kicking myself for not getting my kids the flu shot when I got mine as we were running errands and just decided to stop off at a CVS and get it. They moaned and complained about it and I caved. My wife kept saying she was going to go in and get hers and she would take the kids and had actually planned to do so this past Monday finally (too late obviously).

I guess it could be worse...I just read an article from the local paper here that stated UNM Hospital currently has 22 kids in the ICU for the flu...at least mine are recovering at home. But damn I was looking forward to this trip and it was part of a larger Christmas gift to my family.

Sorry about this. The flu is bad this year in Italy. My husband and I both got our flu shots 3 weeks ago--just in time because the grandkids came home with it. My oldest--their father, then got it and was really sick for a week. Then his wife got it and it settled in her ear. It won't go away and she went to the doctor today. She was told it will take 2 weeks to clear up and she's on antibiotics. The doctor said the ear problem is common with this flu. My DIL said they are getting ANY vaccine that comes out in the future for ANYTHING, even malaria. She was just kidding but she was so sick at the time.

Hope your family gets better fast, and you're able to go on vacation.

Flu is really bad here as well. On Monday my wife called the mother of a kid that stayed over at our house last weekend to give her a heads up...she's a teacher at my youngest's elementary school and she said 1/3 of the school was out with the flu. She tried to get into the parent portal to upload his Drs. note Monday morning and it was crashed. I went to 6 pharmacies yesterday to try to get some more children's Motrin and/or Tylenol and everyone is cleaned out...fortunately I think we have enough, but we're cutting it close My youngest is on the mend in the sense that his fever has broken, but he's still pretty cruddy. My wife and oldest are in pretty bad shape and pretty much just in bed with high fevers and everything else that comes with the flu. At least everyone should be relatively healthy by Christmas

UNM hospital is the only Level I trauma center in the state and is also the primary hospital for the greater Albuquerque metro area (as they take all insurance) which consists of roughly half of the state population and their ICU is full (mostly flu and RSV, very little COVID). They started setting up tents in the parking lot and are also sending a lot of people to El Paso, Tx which is the next nearest Level I and to other Level II facilities in the state.

As for the trip, Wolf Creek has been very accommodating and waved their cancellation/change fees for the fittings and they are only charging $25 to move our lessons to January 14 as we decided to do the trip over the long MLK weekend. The hotel wasn't so gracious and charged us $175 to change dates. It was the same fee to cancel or change dates and I thought about canceling and selecting another hotel, but most of the hotels in Pagosa Springs are not so great so we stuck with Wyndham and our 1BR condo.

Given this experience, I don't think my wife or my kids will be putting off the flu shot ever again. That was me years ago back at University and I never got the flu shot...caught the flu one year and felt so bad I had one of my roommates take me to the ER because I literally thought I was going to die without medical intervention...I haven't missed a flu shot since.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,095 Member
    Options
    “Sexyer”
    😳
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options

Good luck 👍🏻🍀
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    They put me in kit room today and I am so pissed. I didn’t bid for kit room. I really don’t care that they are short ppl. I’m in beer and now my shirt is wet at the crotch bc everything is splashing ice water and I guess I was leaning on the counter. I shouldn’t even be here.
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    Now my bewbs are wet from the wet beer buckets. I do have my raincoat but I’d die of heat stroke even though it’s cold out. I run HOT when I’m moving around.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,616 Member
    Options
    Now my bewbs are wet from the wet beer buckets. I do have my raincoat but I’d die of heat stroke even though it’s cold out. I run HOT when I’m moving around.

Incoming DMs....3....2...1....

:)