40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options
1928929930931932934»

Replies

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I entered a workout challenge. 100 workouts at the dojo by Dec. 31 so I've dropped heavy lifting for now, just don't have time for both and we do resistance training in class, plus still kettlebell competition training most Saturdays.

I'm on workout 40. No change in body comp, but I'm hoping when I incorporate heavy lifting again in the new year the change will prompt some fat loss.

Off to Vegas for the first time in 3 weeks!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,348 Member
    Options
    Gosh, almost forgot this thread existed... Since I last posted here, my eldest son's made two announcements which have rocked our world:

1. He and his girlfriend are expecting a child next May/June
    2. He and his girlfriend are moving across the country, from CO to MA, to live near her dad

My wife's emotions have been roller coastering all week, high as a kite one moment, totally deflated the next.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @nossmf Oh gosh I feel for your wife (and you of course, but being a mother to teenagers, I can relate more to her 😊). Be gentle with her - and just hold her when she needs it. Great to hear your son is so happy though - all sorts of adventures await!!
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @nossmf Oh gosh I feel for your wife (and you of course, but being a mother to teenagers, I can relate more to her 😊). Be gentle with her - and just hold her when she needs it. Great to hear your son is so happy though - all sorts of adventures await!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    nossmf, it will be an exciting year.

I am plateaued. It sucks.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well this is a quiet thread now, but wanted to share that I finished my 100 workout challenge. When I signed up in July I thought it was any workout, but it's only workouts at the dojo, so I've managed to do 100 cardio kickboxing and kettlebell classes! Now I eat and rest!lxqfhitkotis.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!

Happy New Year, everyone!
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    That is awesome!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Thanks! Happy New Year to you too!