January 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options

Welcome @ptabibian ! Is that 500 miles on your ticker your goal for the year? You may already know this, since I don't know how much you are currently running, but don't increase your mileage too fast or you'll risk injury. Are you using a training plan to get ready for your half? Will this be your first? @Alphahowls gets up at 4 am, I think. Me? Nope. I am not a morning person.

Yes indeed! I get up at 4 AM to get started. Sure was nice during the week off that I did not have to get up some mornings. *sighs* Back into the grind tomorrow!

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I'm curious for those who run first thing in the morning. How long are you up before you run? I usually get up around 4:30 but it takes me about an hour to have a cup of coffee, use the restroom, put in my contacts and get dressed. I am not naturally a morning person, so it just takes me a while to wake up and get moving.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @martaindale Have you posted a link for us to track you yet?

Runner tracking doesn't seem to be up yet, but I will definitely post it as soon as I get it. I can't remember if I usually see it ahead of time or if it was something I usually get at the expo. Either way, would be Wednesday at the latest. I would love it if you guys followed along!
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I'm curious for those who run first thing in the morning. How long are you up before you run?

I need 45 mins to an hour too. The only exception is when I am squeezing in a 3 mile before I have to be at work. Those days it's up at 5:30, out the door by 5:45. Anything longer requires a bit of food and caffeine.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    @Fit2btied2016 Good job getting out there and doing something. Sometimes that's all we can do. I am glad you are feeling relief and hope it helps you move forward in healing.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I'm a morning (empty stomach!?) runner too... I need about 90 mins.
    Pint of water, Chai, drop my youngest at school, bathroom, log in to work... And then go.

(One of the reasons why I'm a bit iffy about running a full marathon. Aside from a couple of 'rogue' exceptions, literally everyone -virtual or known- is saying I need to eat something before long running. I would need to figure out how to make that work)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,986 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you did great @marisap2010 .

Welcome @Dawebberz1 . That sounds like a sound plan to reach your goals.

Welcome and nice workout @YvonneB01 . I hope your asthma allows you to meet your goal of running a 5K. It sounds like you have an excellent start toward that goal.

Nice run @tarun_yadavA .

@Laurz9191 Nice running. Good luck with your hard reset too.

Thanks for sharing the tracker @martaindale ! What time do the races start? Sounded like really early since you said you would be getting up at 2:30 am.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    @Laurz9191 hey, thanks for the tip! Glad I'm not the only one who's (instinctively, at least!) not into eating before running.

@eleanorhawkins - peanut butter toast? Ummm... Will try something less 'chunky' to start with.

Planning a long one on Sat - so may try a bite of banana, or a few grapes maybe to start with
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,817 Member
    Options
    What happened to the Gatorade gel tabs? I like those for an energy boost. Not available anywhere right now? Discontinued?