What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    The molecular and cellular changes that take place in the brain of a person with Alzheimer’s disease.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    The funeral for the super young cop whose funeral is today
  • SmoothShifting
    SmoothShifting Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What a strange society. I wonder if it's just a western thing. There's all this psychology about narcissism, love bombing, but then you turn on a music radio station and almost all the hit songs are doing the very thing your psychological studies warn against! "Baby I just met you but I think I already love you, there's something you just do to me, you're so beautiful, etc." 🤮. Your society glorifies in pop music the very thing your psychology warns about

You trying to say Euro-pop or K-pop or any other lyrical music doesn't do the same thing? Movies and TV for that matter. That stuff is everywhere. If you listen real close though, each and every one will tell you how they are the exception and not the rule. All of them.

No, no, not trying to say that. You're right, that junk is prevalent the world over. It's just on the one hand there is so much psychology being spewed about "beware of narcissists, love bombing, red flags to look out for, etc" but then you watch a movie or listen to the radio and its song after song glorifying and promoting the very thing you were just warned of being careful of. It is a sickness :D
  • SmoothShifting
    Options
    What a strange society. I wonder if it's just a western thing. There's all this psychology about narcissism, love bombing, but then you turn on a music radio station and almost all the hit songs are doing the very thing your psychological studies warn against! "Baby I just met you but I think I already love you, there's something you just do to me, you're so beautiful, etc." 🤮. Your society glorifies in pop music the very thing your psychology warns about

Maybe the psychology is what is wrong and not the music?

I don't know. But I also don't pay too much mind to "psychology." And lately it seems like the term narcissist is being used a little too much and kinda loose. Like if a person is hurt by someone, they'll take things about the other person and use it as a definition of what "narcissist" means. Or something like that. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Maybe the psychology is what is wrong and not the music?

I don't know. But I also don't pay too much mind to "psychology." And lately it seems like the term narcissist is being used a little too much and kinda loose. Like if a person is hurt by someone, they'll take things about the other person and use it as a definition of what "narcissist" means. Or something like that. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say

Yes, "They hurt my feelings they must be a narcissist."
  • watch_out_for_that_tree
    Options

You trying to say Euro-pop or K-pop or any other lyrical music doesn't do the same thing? Movies and TV for that matter. That stuff is everywhere. If you listen real close though, each and every one will tell you how they are the exception and not the rule. All of them.

No, no, not trying to say that. You're right, that junk is prevalent the world over. It's just on the one hand there is so much psychology being spewed about "beware of narcissists, love bombing, red flags to look out for, etc" but then you watch a movie or listen to the radio and its song after song glorifying and promoting the very thing you were just warned of being careful of. It is a sickness :D

All entertainment is like that though, you just gotta know what's real and what's not. Figuring it out can be everything from fun to terrifying. Sometimes for some people that approach actually works. It's like we're all different or something.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,560 Member
    Options
    It takes only 2% dehydration to affect your attention, memory, and other cognitive skills...let this be your PSA to drink more water

You're welcome 🙂

I can attest to this.
    I have over the last 20yrs been to the ER for dehydration many times.
    On one occasion that I was home alone dehydrated and having not eaten in days, I completely lost my mind.
    Fainted every time I stood and didn’t have the foggiest idea what I was doing.
    Completely out of my mind.
    It was very scary.
    Doc said I could have died.

Never underestimate the need to drink more water!
  • break_down
    break_down Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Heads up. Old man "get off my lawn" coming in hot on this one... When did coffee joints decide chill, folk, coffeehouse music wasn't the playlist we need? The current format is "we are at a rave and you better turn up". Don't forget your complimentary glow stick with your machiattafrappochino, sir!
  • SmoothShifting
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Travel

When it comes to travel.... Istanbul, you the world's toilet bowl 🤭.. with the exception of a few good souls, you full of gypsy scammers and hustlers

Paris - refined culture. Romantic, the upper chambers of the castle where the king makes love with his wife

Dubai.. you safe but you superficial and boring. The Kardashian of cities.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,030 Member
    Options
    Twosball. Foosball but with 2 balls. My almost 7 year old dominated me. Just like normal foosball. I have the worst reflexes of anyone I know.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    What the heck goes on here overnight?
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

Idk but I imagine as soon we close our eyes it looks a lot like this 12jm5wl0twcs.gif
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Idk but I imagine as soon we close our eyes it looks a lot like this 12jm5wl0twcs.gif

That made me laugh out loud. We got company!
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    This is unseasonable creekage
    oy9j2fvlpfq8.jpeg
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    oy9j2fvlpfq8.jpeg

This is nature's beauty 😍
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    oy9j2fvlpfq8.jpeg

This is nature's beauty 😍

As long as it stays in its bed
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    Why would someone make a thread that's basically the same as another thread...had they scrolled they would have found it....is scrolling really that hard?
  • break_down
    break_down Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    oy9j2fvlpfq8.jpeg

Nice creeekage! Howz youz doinz!?
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    break_down wrote: »
    oy9j2fvlpfq8.jpeg

Nice creeekage! Howz youz doinz!?
    Well this morning I was a little dismissive when my youngest told me he wasn’t feeling well so of course I got a call from the school nurse saying he puked. At the moment I am sitting in the car in my driveway after having picked him up & brought him home. I’m off from work the rest of this week but I really feel like this whole parent thing is a way harder job & requires so much more flexibility & wisdom & breadth of knowledge than any job I’ve ever gotten paid for. & now I’m going in the house to find the puke bucket.