Replies

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,094 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I'm glad to see that you are feeling better and figuring out what you can tolerate slowly. Being conservative is probably a good idea at this point. I'm pulling for you.

Great running @Avidkeo ! You DO look a bit wet there. :lol: But you look great and I'm loving to see that smile. :smile:

I went into work at 10 this morning. I helped take the 2-3 year olds out to their playground twice (this morning and this afternoon). They all wanted to "catch" me or have me "catch" them. It was like a train of little kids running. Too cute and I got some decent short spurts of exercise in. After I got home, I was tired and sleepy, so decided to do a treadmill walk. I walked 35:32 minutes at 3.8 mph pace. My avg HR was 106 and max was 120.

exercise.png
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Wow, I hope your friend is Ok and not in too much pain!

@martaindale good luck and take it easy on your 10K tomorrow morning!

I got in 6 miles on the treadmill. That is the only way I can be sure to run slow 😄

exercise.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    January Goal: 100 Miles

1/1: 10.50 miles
    1/3: 6.01 miles
    1/4: 5.11 miles
    1/5: 5.60 miles

27.22/100 miles completed for January

It was cold this morning at 31°F. I ran 5.6 miles. Cold is not my favorite, but it was really pretty. The moon is getting bigger and I saw some deer by the park.

@martaindale Congrats on the first race! Love the medal! Good luck in the morning on the 10K!

@fit2btied2016 I run in the Saucony Ride. That is the shoe they put me in when I had my gait analyzed. I have been thinking of trying something new, but I am happy with Rides, so I will probably just stick with them.

@Teresa502 Your poor friend! A broken nose bleeds so much. I bet that was kind of scary.

exercise.png

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great run on the treadmill @Scott6255 . That's the only way I can pace myself too....but I don't have an issue with going slow. I'm real good at that. :lol:

@kgirlhart Great cool/cold run yesterday.

Congrats on your increased pace @Fit2btied2016 ! That was a long complicated day.

I had hoped to get up in time to follow @martaindale , but she was already done by then. Great job on your 10K! Two down, two to go! You've got this!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    @Fit2btied2016 Congrats on hitting your fastest pace so far! It feels good to see improvements.

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    January total: 18.8/80 miles run

1/1: 5 miles
    1/2: 4.2 miles
    1/5: 3.2 miles
    1/6: 6.4 miles

10k done! It was a lot cooler this morning and since it was dark for the whole race, it was basically perfect to me! In the corrals you could tell who had been paying attention to the weather and who didn't. There were more than a few people standing around in shorts and tank tops shivering. It's supposed to be even a little bit cooler tomorrow morning. I bet people will be more prepared.
    I worked in some walk breaks starting just before the halfway point and made it a point to walk the aid stations. I feel like I did a good job keeping effort low and my legs felt fresher today after running a few miles yesterday.
    Pics for today: Epcot over the water and my growing medal collection
    mv0rsm1cqd0z.jpg
    4kau7to9wsne.jpg

Chipmunks!!!

Excited to see what/who you get for the Half and the Full?

Well done Sarah @martaindale
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Great job @martaindale! I am glad it is going well so far! Awesome picture and love the medals!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    @martaindale - you are really doing great with pacing yourself and getting the races done! Love the picture of Epcot all lit up! The medals are in true Disney style - so cool!
    I can't imagine not looking/following the weather before a race. Maybe they are like @kgirlhart and are cold before they start but just run warm? I would have a throw-away shirt or sweatshirt on at least.
    Hope you can relax and have some fun before the race tomorrow! Do you have access to the park(s) all 4 days?
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Yes great job @martaindale on your 2 races so far! Awesome pictures! I was wondering the same thing as @shanaber about access to the parks. But I doubt I would spend much time walking around all those parks with 4 days of racing to be done :s
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    2 down 2 to go @martaindale! Is that Alvin and one of the other chipmunks on the medal? Either way it is super cute. Congratulations!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @martaindale Get job on your 10K and glad your legs felt so fresh. Love the medals! Looking forward to following you tomorrow. I should be up before you finish....maybe.

I did a treadmill session this morning before taking my Holter Monitor off and mailing it to IL to be read. I did a run/walk of 4/1 min at 4.2-4.6 mph/3.8 mph, then 3.8/4.2 mph for 1/5:48 minutes. Went 2.25 miles in 31:48 minutes for an average pace of 14:08 min/mile. Seems like it should be faster than that, but you can't argue with the math. My avg HR was 124 and max was 143 bpm. I also walked a total of 1.0 mile for warm up and cool down, so 3.25 miles total for the day. I'm glad I was able to get it done before going into work. It's so much better to not have to do it after I get home....but not better enough to get me out of bed at 4 am. :lol:

exercise.png