What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,301 Member
    Options
    I feel like a chauffeur today.
    Took boy to school, after dropping him off he messaged saying he forgot his gym clothes so I got home and turned around to take him those. Went to pick up my first cancer drive, two nice brothers. Dropped them off then went and waited for my next drive, a super cute older woman. Dropped her off and studies a bit while waiting since she was doing radiation which was only half an hour so just waiting around the hospital.

Drove her home and arranged her pick up time for Monday, for some gas. I was just parking to Wait for the brothers and got the call the were ready. They mentioned they had requested a drive Monday and hadn't heard and I saw they were on the list of people looking for a drive so I added them to my Monday. They're taking public transit to an appointment Thursday. Cancer treatments suck especially when you don't have money for Ubers or cabs or parking.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,240 Member
    Options
    Soup - so I decided to make some
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »

What kind? I just roasted some squash for squash soup
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Ketchup and Pizza seasonings. What would one sprinkle such things on?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2023
    Options
    What kind of squash/soup? I made kind of a stuffed cabbage soup. Started with a mirepoix, then added half a head of cabbage, some fire roasted tomatoes and some leftover rice and burger.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    What kind of squash/soup? I made kind of a stuffed cabbage soup. Started with a mirepoix, then added half a head of cabbage, some fire roasted tomatoes and some leftover rice and burger.

That sounds delish.
    I have a butternut squash. I'll soup it up with sage tomorrow for dinner cause I'll need a quick one. I have a setting on my blender that makes the most silky smooth pureed soups
  • cmsienk
    Options

That sounds delish.
    I have a butternut squash. I'll soup it up with sage tomorrow for dinner cause I'll need a quick one. I have a setting on my blender that makes the most silky smooth pureed soups
    Butternut squash soup is my favorite 😋
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    There are days when I am so put together and efficient, I intimidate myself. And there are days when I have to put ‘brush teeth’ on a to do list
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    The worst thing about having covid is not the getting sick part, it's the not being able to give your kids hugs and kisses 😔

Speedy recovery to you darling
  • watch_out_for_that_tree
    Options
    The worst thing about having covid is not the getting sick part, it's the not being able to give your kids hugs and kisses 😔

Last Christmas 😔

Get better soon!
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Skating was so fun today.
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    i just drank a gallon of water.
    i may not sleep tonight
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    i just drank a gallon of water.
    i may not sleep tonight
    Oh no. I hate when I do that
  • IslandGal3
    IslandGal3 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I’ve been having feelings of anxiety & sadness since last night. There are things to be anxious and sad about but usually I take them in stride. I’m trying to remind myself that this mood is temporary even if the things I’m currently ruminating on are real. My perspective is a little off right now. Just a blip on the radar. Probably fluctuation in hormones or something like that

You’re not alone. January is usually a tough one. Holidays are over. It’s cold, and dark.
    Sending you a hug. ♥️
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I’ve been having feelings of anxiety & sadness since last night. There are things to be anxious and sad about but usually I take them in stride. I’m trying to remind myself that this mood is temporary even if the things I’m currently ruminating on are real. My perspective is a little off right now. Just a blip on the radar. Probably fluctuation in hormones or something like that

You’re not alone. January is usually a tough one. Holidays are over. It’s cold, and dark.
    Sending you a hug. ♥️
    You’re so right. Thank you 🤗
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    it has been so long since i had my haircut.
    pretty sure i lost weight.
    sv and nsv?
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Ideas for music to skate to. My boy likes to make mash ups so I'm hoping he can create something for me
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I need to buy this year's copy of Turbo Tax so I can get my 1099s out