Senior Golden Sneakers............September

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    from barbie
    :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Chris, Jake and I call friends and family and sing to them on their birthdays and it's fun for all of us :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

If I send you my telephone # will you and Jake call me and sing to me on my birthday. its not really too far off

sure, Marie, send me a personal message with your phone number and birthday and Jake and I will call and sing to you on your birthday :bigsmile:
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneakers

Just popping in for a minute. We've busier than can be. I am still trying to get my computer up and running again. Well, my main computer. We have my husband's computer, the old one in the basement, my laptop, my ipad, and 2 ipods. And then the one that is broken. Hmmmmmmm But I want the one broken to be fixed before I buy a new one. I don't want to pay an arm and an leg getting it done either. Sure wish I was a real computer geek. I used to be very good with computers and knew the ins and the outs. I'd install hardware, take the lid off and do things, etc., etc. Now all I really do is install new programs and easier things like that. Windows came along and IT departments at work and way more complicated ways of doing things. Sure wish I was as savey as I used to be. However, I've been working with some guys on one of the Geek forums and cross your fingers, I might be making progress. Then again, I just may have to load it all up and take it into the computer shop and pay the $$$$ to have it fixed before I buy a new one. We'll see. I just don't want to wreck it completely.

The only pictures I am taking these days are of my computer screen so I can show the Geeks what is going on. LOL

Anyway, hope you are all doing well and one of these days I'll be able to turn on my computer and see the Windows Logo come up again.

Best wishes
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,104 Member
    Options
    BEST blonde joke so far in 2011...

A blonde lady motorist was about two hours from San Diego when she was flagged down by a man whose truck had broken down. The man walked up to the car and asked, "Are you going to San Diego ?" "Sure," answered the blond, "do you need a lift?"

"Not for me. I'll be spending the next three hours fixing my truck. My problem is I've got two chimpanzees in the back which have to be taken to the San Diego Zoo. They're a bit stressed already so I don't want to keep them on the road all day. Could you possibly take them to the zoo for me? I'll give you $100 for your trouble."

"I'd be happy to," said the blond. So the two chimpanzees were ushered into the back seat of the blonde's car and carefully strapped into their seat belts, and off they went.

Five hours later, the truck driver was driving through the heart of San Diego when suddenly he was horrified! There was the blond walking down the street and holding hands with the two chimps, much to the amusement of a big crowd. With a screech of brakes he pulled off the road and ran over to the blond. What are you doing here?" he demanded, "I gave you $100 to take these chimpanzees to the zoo."

"Yes, I know you did," said the blond," but we had money left over so now we're going to Sea World."
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Funny Sandy.

:flowerforyou: Jeri, my house was full of computers a while back, also. My very expensive one was broken and my daughter's boyfriend took it to work on it. Well, they broke up. I will never see that one again.:sad:

What is with all this rain in Ohio? Getting tired of it. Am planning on sending anymore, that we get, to Texas.
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Great one Sandy.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Just a short note, this will be a very busy day for me, hair cut in a few minutes, then to Bridge and Lunch with the ladies; this
    will be all morning and afternoon. Tonight we have Bunco can't wait a great group of ladies from the neighborhood.

Have a great day eeveryone.:heart::heart: :heart:

Gigi
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    from barbie
    :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Chris, Jake and I call friends and family and sing to them on their birthdays and it's fun for all of us :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

If I send you my telephone # will you and Jake call me and sing to me on my birthday. its not really too far off

sure, Marie, send me a personal message with your phone number and birthday and Jake and I will call and sing to you on your birthday :bigsmile:

That would be nice Barbie. I have only heard one of the MFP voice and that is Sandy on facebook in a video, At least I think it was her.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! :bigsmile: I have a busy day as Gigi does, hair cut, then my meeting and later my son and his wife are flying in from Portand, Oregon so we will meet up with them for dinner. I lost another pound and recorded it even though the weekend is coming, more motivation to stay on track. :blushing: Have a great day!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    feel good song of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeEnR6ra3BM

Hey, grandson trying to put a booger in my mouth.......:laugh:

Missing Maddie :glasses:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    feel good song of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeEnR6ra3BM

Hey, grandson trying to put a booger in my mouth.......:laugh:

Missing Maddie :glasses:

Maybe not such a good idea to be here while eating lunch. :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Noticed your 1 pound loss, Sandy. Congratulations. This weekend will be fine.

:flowerforyou: Gigi, good for you, girl. Stay active and busy !!
  • piquilter
    Options
    Finished the 8 napkins last night so the wedding gift is complete!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Just need to get napkin rings. I posted a pic of them. I made 4 of each color combination. Can finally start thinking about a different project, except for the fact that the clean christening gown is laying on top of the hot tub "staring at me" waitng to be ironed. Going to clean the iron & 'bite the bullet' and get it done. This morning I made a marinated carrot salad & my favorite healthy garden salad with edamame & black beans for baptism on Saturday. Grazed on veggies the entire time. Also going to make an orzo salad, but decided to wait til tomorrow with that since I don't know if it can sit 2 days in the fridge and not get mushy. The other 2 get better the longer they sit. Will put the roasts for the shredded beef the crockpot tonight. I can't linger here, but just hope you are all having a great day :flowerforyou:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hi Maddie, long time...be well.
    Sandy, good one! Enjoy dinner tonight.
    jeri, could it be this simple..... when I dont unplug ny ipod, i get ablank screen upon restart. Now I unplug the usb port
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Maddie, so nice to see you drop in on us. I see that nate is still a little booger . I think that was his name.
    You have certainly been miss. Hope to see more of you.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    m.gifa.gifd.gifd.gifi.gife.gifempty.gifempty.gif

:heart::heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: WE MISSED YOU!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    GAYLA, I have had many gals (and one guy) to help with cleaning every 2 weeks. Well, today we moved a couch, rug and table to make way for new ones being delivered tomorrow, and naturally I wanted everything clean. So, I started cleaning the baseboards, floors, behind cabinet furniture, etc. I ended up a sweaty mess 4 hours later, after finding where they never looked to clean! Also found, after using 3 different mops (my floors are ceramic tile) that the Rubbermaid Reveal was worth every penny! I finally went over all the streaks from the string mops, and the Rubbermaid left the floor positively shining! But I hope I never have to do it again! In truth, no one ever cleans the way you do it yourself,...but it's a hard job now! Mike collapsed watching me work! Poor thing:huh: Our villa is 6 rooms including my office/patio. We never use the guest bedroom, but both baths are a necessity for 2 people! And we live in the den! So I doubt we'd go much smaller. At least we don't have to do the outside unless we want to.

SANDY-:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: as usual :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MADDIE.... [img][/img]1631865jpwtrnk1a6.gif ...and still the lovin' grandma! Are you feeling better?

PHOEBE, are you back in Georgia yet?

Hi MARIE, let me know how you like the moussaka. We loved it. I think I'll paste a brisket recipe for anyone who'd like to try a Rosh Hashanah traditional food...also great for compnay! The calories include the vegetables etc, and it's low sodium.

Brisket with figs and butternut squash
    .....Make the brisket at least one day ahead because the meat is easier to cut into thin slices after it is has chilled.

Prep: 50 minutes
    Cook: 3 hours, 45 minutes
    Chill: overnight
    Servings: 10

Ingredients:
    1 first-cut brisket, 4-5 pounds
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    Freshly ground pepper
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    4 onions, thinly sliced
    4 carrots, peeled, sliced
    1 butternut squash, about 2 pounds, peeled, seeded, cut into 2-inch cubes
    8 cloves garlic, halved lengthwise
    1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
    1 1/2 cups dry red wine, such as cabernet sauvignon or merlot
    12 fresh figs, stemmed, halved, or 8 dried mission figs, stemmed, finely chopped
    2 tablespoons balsamic glaze, see recipe below
    2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley

1. Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Season brisket with the salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil in a roasting pan over medium-high heat. Brown the brisket, 4 minutes per side.

2. Add the onions, carrots, squash, garlic, thyme, wine and figs to the pan; stir to combine. Cover; bake until the meat is fork-tender, 3-3 1/2 hours. Let cool. Place the meat in one container and the sauce, vegetables and figs in another; refrigerate overnight.

3. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the meat against the grain into thin slices. Overlap the slices in an ovenproof, high-sided serving dish. Remove any accumulated fat from the sauce. Place the sauce and other ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Add the balsamic glaze. Taste; adjust seasonings. Pour over the meat. Reheat in oven until the sauce is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley.

Balsamic glaze: Place 2 cups inexpensive balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan on high heat. Reduce until syrupy, 12-14 minutes. Cool; keeps refrigerated up to 1 month.

Nutrition information:
    Per serving: 731 calories, 16 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 97 mg cholesterol, 103 g carbohydrates, 52 g protein, 123 mg sodium, 10 g fiber.

By the way, since starting South Beach Diet on Monday, I have lost 4 pounds! Almost back to when I started regaining ! :ohwell:

Hi, BARBIE, GIGI, SHIRLEY, JEANNE and JERI...:flowerforyou: for you all!

Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: My Buzz what a cook you are becoming. Anything over 5 ingrdient i get lost. I much prefer 3 ingedients. besides my back could not take standing up that long. I am just a dumper. My mother cook that away so it came natually.

:flowerforyou: Phoebe have you turn around yet and heading back to Calif.? I bet those kitties are looking for you.

Jerry was going to the post office this morning and Sammy they huddle by me/ for wom reason he thought jerry was trying to get him out the door to put him in the back yard. Jerry go thru that every Sat. when he Mop and sweep the flours and vacum. Sammy refuse to go out as soon as he see the mop bucket.
    My day went good today,Sammy and I had a nice walk and it is so pleasant here. the temp is just right. No A/C today. First day sinec sometime in the spring. It was so cool I made me a pot of beans and chilli. yum

I peek at the scales this morning and it is creeping down. I sure hope to lose 20 lbs by Christmas I found out that I can't eat yogurt in the morning for my blood sugar creeping up some. I will try an egg omelon in the morning and see how it is at lunch

:heart: : Shirley still Sailing Have fun this weekend. So you are going th give SBD a swirl Its a good plan.

:heart: Becky it seems ages since i have talk to you. How is this week going?

:heart: Sandy How is our glamer queen doing. Still having a time of your life.
    Enjoy it kid while you can.

:heart: Gigi so good to hear from you. And glad your Monm is doing better.

:heart: Gayla what about your garden has the frost got them yet? Boy it stay below 90 today. Thought I was in hog heaven I took a picture of my scales the 1st of Sept. and will take another one the 1st of Oct. and post them then. Can you believe it is almost OCT. I can't.

:heart: Barbie I am going to post my telephone and my birthday now. Be sending you a private Message Be looking forward to a call from you and Jake.\
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Marie, I admire people who are great cooks but I have been sticking with simple stuff for a long time. I broil chicken or put it in the George Foreman grill or put it in the oven with sliced onions and peppers, steam a fresh or frozen vegetable and Jake makes the salad with spinach, tomatoes, peppers, and carrots. When we don't have chicken we have fish, chicken sausage, turkey burgers, turkey ham, or turkey.

:laugh: :laugh: Sandy the chimpanzee joke was great :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: We had a busy day today after line dance. Jake got on the roof with a neighbor's leaf blower and blew all the leaves and pine needles off the roof and out of the gutters. I sat on the deck with the dogs, a book, and my phone just in case of emergency. He did so well that he volunteered to do the same thing for the neighbor who loaned him the leaf blower and the lady next door. Later we had half a cord of firewood delivered so now we're ready for the cold weather.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Maddie, it is great to hear from you again.:bigsmile:

:bigsmile: I used to have a cleaning lady and it was the greatest. Now I have Jake who does a great job :bigsmile:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Buzz, we are not back to Georgia yet, we will know tomorrow if we will be going home or back to Ca. From here...which is AL.

Barbie, so Jake is your cleaning lady? He does a good job? Keep him, give him a raise! Lol, wow three roofs in one day.
    yes MADDIE,, welcome home.

I miss the kitties. So does dh. But we must work to keep the cat food stocked up!
    be safe
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    h.gifi.gifempty.gife.gifv.gife.gifr.gify.gifo.gifn.gife.gif

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi - thinking about you all but haven't had much time to post lately but still thinking of ya' all.

Hope you're all well and happy.

Went with a friend the other day to the shopping centre to buy some new shoes (he is 66).

We decided to grab a coffee.

I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him.

The teenager had spiked hair in all different colours - green, red, orange blonde and blue.

My mate kept staring at her.

The teenager kept looking and would find him staring every time.

When the teenager had had enough, she sarcastically asked:

"What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life, saddo?"

Without batting an eyelid he said....

"Got stoned once and had sex with a scrawny parrot that squawked a lot. I was just wondering if you might be my kid."
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Just checking in on this Friday morning. I am running out of time and will be needing to start work soon. I will be back later.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    h.gifi.gifempty.gifj.gifu.gifd.gify.gif

Was wondering what happen to you.
    It is a nice cool morning here this morning Down to 57 Just feel so good.
    Alice will be out tomorrow Don't know what the plans are. Do need her to show me how to post picrures on flicker. She show me once and I forgot how.t he story of my life now a days

to all the rest of the sneakers have a wonderful day. Be poping in again later