Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita— Congrats on making an afgan for
    your 86 year old mom. What a wonderful gift!🌸

Rebecca — Congrats on your 2 week checkup with your surgery doctor. 😘

Machka— Congrats on your surgery & being home. Rest well. Your photos look like you are doing well. ⭐️

(((Tracey))) — So sorry for the loss of your father in law. It was good that your DH was able to see him. I hope you & your daughter have a safe trip. 💖

Lisa— Good news from your blood tests.😊

Allie— Love the photo of Miles. 🥰

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    😺🌻😍😻
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Still catching up, not sure if it is the cold weather but I am having a hard time getting motivated. I blink and the day has gone. Feel like a sloth doing everything in slow motion. Roll on Spring!

Take care
    Viv UK
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Gratitude list
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE—- Today I appreciate my dentist.
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think—DONE
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses——DONE
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house—tossed Christmas card I had collected
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)—This year was jewelry from my ‘adopted’ granddaughter.
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today—-Done plus #1 again!
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year—-Bringing my car to the car wash one or more times a month!
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today—-Breakfast-savored the texture of my OUI yogurt versus the granola I added.
    8 Who was your favorite teacher—My French teacher in High School. Sister Jeannette
    9 Create something today—-I will work on my crochet - making a granny square afghan out of left over yarn.
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song—Against the wind, We were running against the wind. We were young and strong, we were running against the wind.
    11 Send a card/note to someone today—Done! Note to DH and card for Uncle’s birthday.
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023? Losing weight and better financial status.
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today—Done!
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol) 1. I got to go to TN to attend my daughter’s wedding last year, My brother from AZ came to visit us in NM, I experienced my first 5.4 earthquake in NM this past December.
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week—Called my mom, and texted my 3 kids.
    16 What made you smile today—-The beautiful scenery on my morning wetlands walk.
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for—17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for—! Picture in spoiler

On my morning walk. You can see Captain Mountain in the background (where Billy the Kid had his hideout)
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...heat, air conditioning, water, sewer, a roof over my head, a car, internet, electronics, clothes, shoes, medicines, food, means of cooking, refrigerator, use of a freezer, use of a washer/dryer, books, writing utensils, everything I use every day!
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently—To be done
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

RVRita
  • Katla49
    Options
    🌸 ❤️ 🌼
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Went to the dentist today to get my final fitting before my partial is done. I will be writing a review on them later today. I looked over my goals for 2023, and I am on track so far this month. Happy about that and I’m feeling physically better because of it. I’m in a positive mood concerning this and will continue. I’m doing 10 minutes of yoga 3 times a week, weights 2 times a week, and a minimum of 7,000 steps daily. Yesterday I did both yoga and weights and walked 10,000 steps to beat!!

RVRita
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs est., 98ahr, 120mhr, 3.0ap, 6.03mi= 603c
    Strava app 494c was off for last 2 miles
    Other- pack Bette for camping- 1hr 23min 49sec, laundry fold and put away, repack Bette, make hummingbird food = 385c

Total cal 988
  • Katla49
    Options
    🙉. 🙊. 🙈
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did Firm’s Maximum Cardio Burn DVD then went to BK to peel and slice the onions then WalMart for a few things. At this WM the price of bananas went up to 57 cents so since I knew that I had to go to the other WM, I decided I’d look at their price. Went to the other WM and the bananas were 26 cents/lb so I bought some to freeze and some for Vince to have. Then Vince took his car to be repaired so I went to pick him up. Going to go to the library to get the battery holders Vince had 3D made, maybe the post office, then hopefully to prebowl. Update: did all that

Tracey – my deepest sympathies to you and Roger. Have a safe trip

Vince thought my going to BK would be awkward today, but it wasn’t. Jerry was as nice as could be. He told me that Brian took him home yesterday and he was very nice to me. I’m suspecting that this morning Angel (who probably picked him up) talked to him about why I won’t be taking him home any more. I think he really listens to her. Well, most of the time, anyway.

I’m surprised how warm it is here. I put on a ¾ length sleeve shirt when I went to BK, when I got home I changed to a short sleeved shirt. Drizzly outside right now. Hope it clears up so I can go for my walk later. I do want to get Valentine’s Day cards for the kids. Which reminded me and so got out my St. Pat’s shirts to take to FL

Lisa – so happy about your blood tests

Beth – good luck tomorrow. Yea for the great results of your test

mammyshear – one of the things that I miss about Sparkpeople is their recipes. They would always list the calories in big numbers. You didn’t have to click on the recipe and search for the calories. Made it so much easier to eliminate certain recipes

Bathing suit: I have gotten to really like the chlorine resistant ones. I used to get the ones on sale and wear them, but in about a year they would start to disintegrate from the chlorine at the Y. I bought a chlorine resistant one for about $70 (yes, this was quite a while ago). I would estimate that it lasted me about 10 years. Yes, the lining wore away and I had to stitch the cups in place. The elastic around the legs finally stretched out. Instead of getting that repaired, I figured I’d gotten my money’s worth so I just bought a new bathing suit.

Walked down to the dollar store to buy Valentine’s Day cards for Jess, Denise and PJ

Rita – you’re on a roll right now

Andi – baby steps and you’ll get there!

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    (((Tracey and Roger and Family)))

Michele ~ Every time you speak of peeling and slicing onions I cringe. I hate peeling onions! :s

Lisa ~ Congrats on the iron numbers increasing. Hope your health continues to improve. :)

Allie ~ Miles is just as cute as can be! <3

Lanette ~ 75 grams of protein seems like an awful lot.

Debby ~ Your photos of the wet lands are lovely and I can see why you enjoy walking there.

Trying to get back on a healthier eating program!

Carol in GA

Carol- thank you. The wetlands are really an amazing place. I wish I had known about them years ago. It is so peaceful. Great place to think/pray and enjoy the beauty. It changes a little every time I am there. Not as many of the birds right now because the water levels are too high for the smaller water birds.
    Looking forward to spring when a new batch of swans hatch out and we can watch them grow.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie- Yes, I did have a big bowl with some brown rice. 1/2 cup rice and 1 cup cashew chicken(and went back for seconds with the same amount). I put so much veggies and the chicken was boneless breast meat. The "sauce" is simply soy sauce, grated ginger, garlic, water and tapioca starch(calls for corn starch but I only use tapioca starch. I did use a very small amount of oil but that was in that huge pan full of veggies. Was under calories by the end of the day. Rarely go back for seconds of anything but no guilt because there was so much veggies
    Having some for dinner tonight unless someone else eats it first.
    I am going walking with a my friend for the first time in months- need to catch up- love our chats while we walk. Walks go by fast when you have someone to talk to.

Vicki- no, room mate is still there. I haven't been back up there since I was there for our candy making weekend. Hope to go back up soon. Missed spending Christmas with mom but wasn't up to it so soon after surgery
    That is so sweet they helped the neighbor- they were raised right.

Time to go meet my friend. Will be there at least an hour. We start chatting and before we know it we have walked an hour or hour and a half.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Tracey-prayers to you and family. Safe travels.

Tired tonight. Worked all day and food pantry tonight. Crazy weather today. Sunny and warm, winds and storms moved through. Food pantry started at 5:30. Luckily worst of rain had moved through. Was windy and temp dropped pretty good. Was freezing by the end. But people were appreciative. I ate too much when I got home, but am not beating myself up.

Off to get some sleep.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    I did my dumbbells Yay! Twenty reps. And I ate well today. Not perfect but well. Yay!

Annie in Delaware