WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I did my dumbbells Yay! Twenty reps. And I ate well today. Not perfect but well. Yay!

Annie in Delaware

:) I love that you cheer for your successes. It is a good thing to do that and not wait for anybody else to notice.

<3 Barbie in NW WA 😻😍🌻😺
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Oh, Tracey. This is quite a time your family is having.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    Tracey-lots of prayers for you and your family. I hope no other obstacles come up and you get to enjoy a visit with your mom
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Getting ready to go to 10am Latin Study. I did the accounts, and sorted out the roll for the rest of the year. Translation done, and ready to roll.

Intentions for yesterday:
    ♦️car service✔️
    ♦️Latin prep ✔️
    ♦️Sort out card supplies —>
    ♦️look out fabric for x-stitch journal—>
    ♦️solid habits✔️

Intentions for today:
    ♦️10am, Latin Study
    ♦️Organise/prep for next week
    ♦️Sort out card supplies
    ♦️look out fabric for x-stitch journal
    ♦️solid habits

Will catch up
    On reading after lunch

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Tracey: I'm so sorry to hear about your father in law. It’s a blessing that Rodger managed to get out there to see him. Safe travels, 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 and . {{{HUGS}}} for your family in the difficult days ahead. 💕💖💕

PS: crossing everything that you and yours avoid Covid. (((Hugs)))
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Does silently working in the garden count? Done! I sat silently for 7 minutes and prayed.

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Right now? I can see my Christmas decorations, I can hear Christmas songs, I can taste my coffee, I can smell my coffee, and I can feel a comfortable temperature in the room.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. I'm not in a downsizing or reducing mode so I've taken some lunch things to work, I will take an item to be mailed and another to be given to the people at work.

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever). I can't tell you what my favourite Christmas gift this year is yet. It's a secret.

5 Move for at least 30 minutes today. Absolutely. It's a very rare day that I don't.

6 Share a goal you achieved last year. We completed the longest bicycle ride since my husband's accident and the fastest.

7 Slow down and savor one meal today. Mmmm ... pizza!

8 Who was your favorite teacher. My father. :):) But I've had quite a few good teachers, in addition to him, over the years.

9 Create something today. I finished creating my first work-related project plan today.

10 What is your favorite lyric from a song. Difficult one given that I like so much music. But let's go with: "A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices"

11 Send a card/note to someone today. Do emails count?

12 What are you looking forward to in 2023? Can't tell you that! It's a secret ... same secret as my favourite Christmas gift. :)

13 Tell a random person they look "good" today. It's a bit late in the day to read this and didn't meet too many random people today ... or people in general. But I smiled at some horses and told Rhody he's gorgeous.

14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    One is a secret ... I should be able to tell you by the end of the month.
    My skin cancer surgery went better than expected and all my margins are clear.
    I've been able to hold my granddaughter.

15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week. Well, I did email a couple people yesterday. :)

16 What made you smile today. Do you mean like evil laughter?? :naughty: Or a happy smile? :smiley:
    Happy would be big fresh strawberries from our plants and my colouring book. I'm colouring little rainbows right now.

17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    Our garden

18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    House
    Bed
    Comfy PJs
    My Chair
    Food

19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently.
    I have been going to my optometrist and optical shop for several years now. I went there again today and again I was very happy with with their service.

20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    In no particular order ...
    My hair
    My eyes
    My legs
    My hands
    My brain

21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    MammySher wrote: »
    Machka, I love your list of things to do. Are they from a book, or is it something you make up? It seems to me this could help me to think about something different than 11th-grade school work or work. I need to start making a list like that to remind myself that there is more to life than work and

This list is a creation of minicooper but I have posted other lists I've found.

My three minutes turned into five and then almost ten... it was so relaxing. But then Mom was really into transcendental meditation when we were kids and taught us all how to do it. I've missed that. We were all able to slow our heartbeats WAY down. I've used that so many times in the last several years in all sorts of meaninful ways! LOL Think I need to add this to my daily prayers every morning again.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN

I really, REALLY like this gratitude thing, so I grabbed a boatload of these lists and I tweaked it big time! So I'm going to keep it going... myself. One day you're doing, or NOT doing... like the 1st, the next day you're thinking/reflecting.
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today
    8 Who was your favorite teacher
    9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

For example, this one is from Action for Happiness: https://actionforhappiness.org/sites/default/files/Jan 2023.jpg
    ywzd8rtblrn4.png

Go to bed in good time. Hmmm. We'll see.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    edited January 2023
    Options
    This looks like my grandmother's pantry many years ago ...
    hi7kzwb5loa8.png

And me ...
    1bq5upbxwgrf.png