• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Asian seafood soup for dinner. Will make rice noodles for son(and his girlfriend if she comes by). Dh can have his steak and rice(that he didn't eat last night) along with the soup.
    I will have at least two bowls of soup and then a few cho. chip cookies.
    Haven't really eaten much today- trying to get a few things done after going to church, and it ran half hour late. Only at 150 cal for the day. Love when I stay busy and I am not hungry- was super hungry during church but got busy as soon as I got home. Have drank a LOT of hot tea, as it is COLD here, ok, cold/damp to me.

Soup has imitation crab, shrimp balls, kamaboko, Napa cabbage, brown mushrooms, daikon,Chinese bbq pork, plus broth made with pho cubes/ginger/garlic/beef broth.
    Dh tried it, said it was a bit too salty so added more water. Says it is still a bit too much so he can add more water to his, plus he prefers more broth, I like it a bit thicker.
    ldu5nqddch2h.png

Nice to have something warm and filling plus pulled more stuff out of the freezer. Found a big thing of imitation crab that I didn't know was there, and just bought two small ones Thursday- will use this big one up first. Some in this and some this week in a seafood lasagna using that and some canned bay shrimp.

Also pulled out some frozen blackberries from the freezer(from dad's garden)- simmered them down completely and will have some on top of some vanilla yogurt. They are so yummy- like the blackberry cobbler filling- just no fattening top on it. May just eat a bowl just by itself and skip the yogurt- will have to wait and see. Wish I had some Cool-Whip to go with it.

My goal is to use up everything in that little freezer and do the same in the other little one(both are the parts of the fridge/freezers) and the big freezer. Toss what needs to be tossed and use what is still good.

i didn't get to my pile of clothes I want to sort/donate/put away- Maybe tomorrow. Dh was napping when I was going to go in and this evening, he will be going to bed early so he can go to work-alarm will be going off at 2AM or maybe it is5, I don't remember.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie- thanks for the reminder about the contract. I need to really read it if I do decide to sign up.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Asian seafood soup for dinner. Will make rice noodles for son(and his girlfriend if she comes by). Dh can have his steak and rice(that he didn't eat last night) along with the soup.
    I will have at least two bowls of soup and then a few cho. chip cookies.
    Haven't really eaten much today- trying to get a few things done after going to church, and it ran half hour late. Only at 150 cal for the day. Love when I stay busy and I am not hungry- was super hungry during church but got busy as soon as I got home. Have drank a LOT of hot tea, as it is COLD here, ok, cold/damp to me.

Soup has imitation crab, shrimp balls, kamaboko, Napa cabbage, brown mushrooms, daikon,Chinese bbq pork, plus broth made with pho cubes/ginger/garlic/beef broth.
    Dh tried it, said it was a bit too salty so added more water. Says it is still a bit too much so he can add more water to his, plus he prefers more broth, I like it a bit thicker.
    ldu5nqddch2h.png

Nice to have something warm and filling plus pulled more stuff out of the freezer. Found a big thing of imitation crab that I didn't know was there, and just bought two small ones Thursday- will use this big one up first. Some in this and some this week in a seafood lasagna using that and some canned bay shrimp.

Also pulled out some frozen blackberries from the freezer(from dad's garden)- simmered them down completely and will have some on top of some vanilla yogurt. They are so yummy- like the blackberry cobbler filling- just no fattening top on it. May just eat a bowl just by itself and skip the yogurt- will have to wait and see. Wish I had some Cool-Whip to go with it.

My goal is to use up everything in that little freezer and do the same in the other little one(both are the parts of the fridge/freezers) and the big freezer. Toss what needs to be tossed and use what is still good.

i didn't get to my pile of clothes I want to sort/donate/put away- Maybe tomorrow. Dh was napping when I was going to go in and this evening, he will be going to bed early so he can go to work-alarm will be going off at 2AM or maybe it is5, I don't remember.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca

I never thought to just make the berries and put it on ice cream instead of making a cobbler. Sunday day is church and family day and we always have some kind of dessert. I may eat that next weekend instead of whatever my families is having. I got to get my blood sugar down so I can start losing some of this weight. I love frozen yogurt.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    Options
    Machka - is Vit. D routinely tested as part of a typical blood test for you?

Lanette <3
    SW WA State

They don't do a Vit D test every time, but during the once-a-year check-up they'll usually order a Vitamin/Mineral panel. Or at least, they have with me.

My husband gets his Vit D checked every time.

Vit D deficiency is very common in Tasmania so it's assumed that we are deficient and recommended that we take Vit D.

I do take Vit D :) and my numbers for Vit D, and the other vitamins and minerals have been right in the middle of the normal range each time.

The only numbers which have been a bit "off" are my cholesterol which bounces around a bit, and the ones that relate to my kidneys.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    Options
    jam0525 wrote: »
    I learn a lot from having weight loss buddies here and in the real world.
    I just tried something new that will save me 5 grams of carbs and some calories every day. When you only get 40 carbs a day, 5 is a huge amount.

I switched to almond milk for my coffee. Everything helps.

I read all the posts and I think I caught up on everything. Hugs to every one who needs one and may we all meet our goals today.

Jeannie in NM

If I use milk, I often go with almond milk because of lactose intolerance issues. Plus I like it better. :)

Machka in Oz