What's on your mind?

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Sometimes when people tell you that they are dumb they are really just lacking in confidence or may be lacking an education. But sometimes they really are dumb and are smart enough to know it
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Sometimes when people tell you that they are dumb they are really just lacking in confidence or may be lacking an education. But sometimes they really are dumb and are smart enough to know it

It's like a reverse Dunning-Kruger effect...
  • TwitchyMagee

Is that the one where the least qualified get promoted or is that the one where stupid people have the confidence to succeed? Or is it something else?
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 443 Member
    The grammys 🤡 show.
  • TwitchyMagee

Is that the one where the least qualified get promoted or is that the one where stupid people have the confidence to succeed? Or is it something else?

It's the phenomenon in which people who only have a superficial knowledge of a subject become overly confident in it. They are only confident because they know so little and simplify the subject and don't delve any further. The more someone learns about a particular subject, the more their confidence actually decreases..because they begin to realize how much they actually don't know.
    Thank you!
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member

It's the phenomenon in which people who only have a superficial knowledge of a subject become overly confident in it. They are only confident because they know so little and simplify the subject and don't delve any further. The more someone learns about a particular subject, the more their confidence actually decreases..because they begin to realize how much they actually don't know.

I find this very curious. I believe it to be true.....as well as flawed. I rhink paralysis by analysis is real. I also believe people achieving things despite lack of complete knowledge is 100% true.

I believe its a deeper spin on the phrase....there are those that do, and there are those that teach.....not the exact saying but something to that effect. There are a lot of people on the sidelines hating on those that seem to stupid to fail. What a lot of these stupid people possess is unmatched work ethic, courage to take chances, and most times unafraid to fail. I think if knowledge is making one less confident its a red flag. It usually means they grasped onto something but never mastered it, but could talk you to death on how it should be done based on their "knowledge".

I will use myself as an anecdotal case. I wanted to run a 100 mile race. I wasnt sure how to train for such a thing so i approached a running club to help. I didnt mesh well with them and all said i had to train for years, change my body, etc. So, i went at it alone armed with some internet knowledge and a few things i picked up from them. Well.....i did it my way and finished the race and even ran another one. Was i stupid? Maybe......but not one of those experts can say they ran 100 miles in under 20 hrs either.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    The grammys 🤡 show.

In a good or bad way cuz my guy is up for a bunch and just performed.

(I'm keeping up via tumblr.)
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    A lot of you need to repent
    ogcgta2ynsu4.jpeg

Whatever 🙄
  • Peachesnstuff
    I used to put my daughter's boyfriend's through a test - I'd leave a 24 pack of water bottles or a heavy Amazon package on the from porch to see if they'd carry it in for me. If they did, they were a keeper. If they didn't, well, yea, she's still with him 😑
  • TwitchyMagee
    I used to put my daughter's boyfriend's through a test - I'd leave a 24 pack of water bottles or a heavy Amazon package on the from porch to see if they'd carry it in for me. If they did, they were a keeper. If they didn't, well, yea, she's still with him 😑
    😂 my grandmother used to love when I dated handy blue-collar guys. She got her whole bathroom redone from my dating life.
  • Peachesnstuff
    😂 my grandmother used to love when I dated handy blue-collar guys. She got her whole bathroom redone from my dating life.

He's been coming around for 3 years now, he still steps over it before entering my house 😤

Blue collar guys are the real deal!
  • TwitchyMagee

He's been coming around for 3 years now, he still steps over it before entering my house 😤

Big red flag
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    I have no idea why but I find it cute the way Americans say "mmmhmm" after I say "thank you".

I say “you bet” after a thank you most times 🤷‍♂️
  • TwitchyMagee
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I have no idea why but I find it cute the way Americans say "mmmhmm" after I say "thank you".

I say “you bet” after a thank you most times 🤷‍♂️

*sigh* at least they’re words
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member

Aight - ima call this a generational thing - cause I have a desk job - but would take the damn water in - and I’d change your tire or whatever- don’t be hatin on us desk job types

• TwitchyMagee
    Friends,

I’ve always enjoyed wearing trail runners while hiking, even in winter, because boots feel heavy to me. But as my hikes get longer and the snow gets wetter I am considering different footwear. What are my options?

I know, because of where I’m putting this question, I’m going to get very little traction here. I will also do an internet search.
  • Peachesnstuff
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Aight - ima call this a generational thing - cause I have a desk job - but would take the damn water in - and I’d change your tire or whatever- don’t be hatin on us desk job types

I don't hate on anyone...I love everyone

Thank you
    You're welcome