Down 10 pounds this month!

Options
2»

Replies

• mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    great work! am back again MVP' s a great resource and FREE.. for me it's all in the logging and of course the friends we meet along the way..
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I started off January kind of rocky, but I'm getting more consistent and hope to start to see the scale drop. I have a goal of 40 pounds gone by September (girls trip to Vegas.) I'm going to send you a friend request.
  • MFPWiggles
    MFPWiggles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same as you - I can't say I'm following WW - but I go every Saturday for a weigh in - and we have a great leader- so much of our meetings is about staying focused and dealing with difficult eating situations- so that works no matter how you journal your food diary. I had a great January as well - down 6.2 for the month! Congrats on your great start for 2023!
  • pwanieck
    pwanieck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I started my weight loss journey Jan 3rd. I lost 14 pounds in 5 weeks. I am on a roll and so motivated to keep at it. Logging into MFP every day; entering food to track macros. I love having this tool is great!! Would love to connect with some people who are working on weight loss through this platform
  • tsjt333
    tsjt333 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I, too have used WW and dropped the weight only to regain it!!! ALL. So disappointing! However, I am determined to make MFP work for me. AND, I need LOTS of accountability. Looking forward to hooking up with others.

• cyn_love
    cyn_love Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @kissingalyssa and @Mazzadan I sent you a request, I think. I thought I responded to this already, sorry. You've got this!

@mermaidnj I'm all about the community. I used to have a decent following on Instagram - surrounded myself with people who were documenting their journeys. I don't want to do that anymore, but I miss a community. Definitely looking to build a support system here.

@dmsl977 February has been rocky for me so far. I keep sabotaging myself with restaurant foods. You'd think I'd have learned by now. *facepalm* 40 lbs. in 7 months is reasonable I think. You can do it!

@MFPWiggles Maybe I'll go weigh in at WW for some love and applause. Hahaha! I'm down like 10 lbs since my last weigh in there. Get me a little charmy-charm. :D Great work on last months loss!

• meagle60
    meagle60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I just signed up and excited to start, but I don't know how all of this works. Does anyone know if there are tuturorial videos on how to use the app and where to log your daily food intake?
  • slumberbug
    slumberbug Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I too am focused only losing 30 by mid June. WW just isn't working for me. I even tracked both it and MFP for a while. Accountability partner? County me in.
  • KPro78
    KPro78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too. WW for a long time. Was working but they change it so often and my progress stalls or goes backwards. So I started double tracking and my calories were way off. I was “on point” and my calories exceeded my bmr.
    After a couple weeks of watching this I dropped WW. And picked up MFP premium and I’m back on track. 2lbs a week consistently. Watching macros.
    WW was just not working for me anymore.
  • cyn_love
    cyn_love Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @meagle60 Are you using the phone app or the computer? I don't know about tutorial videos, but I can try to answer questions. On a computer, click the "food" tab, then "add food" under each meal. On the app, you can click "diary" at the bottom to add foods.

@slumberbug Yes! Add me. I have trouble adding people from my computer.

@KPro78 Exactly. Every time I start to figure out a routine, they change the plan. Plus I can easily overeat the free fruits. Do you think premium is worth it? I'm still on the free version.
  • heamich73
    heamich73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am back on the MFP bandwagon after a few years. Had my 3rd child. Became too sedentary in a new job. Riding the struggle bus, for sure! I used to watch my diet better and exercise routinely and my body craved that again. I weighed myself a few days ago and last time I saw that number I was pregnant. It was a gut check! I logged back into MFP that night! For the past 2 days, I have been up at 5am exercising for 30 minutes before everyone is up and out the door for work/school, and now that it's warming up, I also walk in the evenings. My goal is to lose 30lbs before my 40th birthday in July. Totally up for some healthy living/weight loss buddies if anyone is interested! :-)
  • Energyforahappylife
    Options
    I just dropped WW and hope for better success with MFP. I like knowing my macros and calories. It's also easier to track in MFP. I am not premium and not sure exactly what the difference is other than the barcode.
    Accountability partners would be helpful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!