March 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Sorry your friend couldn't run with you this morning. Sounds like you had a nice run and I always say, "Better safe than sorry.". I tend to follow my gut feeling about things, even if they seem silly. I know at least once it saved me from a bad incident.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    how do you pick your running shoes?

Step 1: eliminate all models that do not come in 4E (extra-wide) width. (approx 95%)
    Step 2: buy the shoe in the store that kind of fits okay.

Us widefooted people suffer. :(

@chris_in_cal - I also have wide feet. If you can deal with low drop shoes (0-6mm) you might look at Altra or Topo-Athletic. They have wide, 'natural' toe boxes and I have found them to be great. Actually I am more of a Topo fan than Altra but both have their followings...
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    Re: shoes. I have just been getting the same model of shoe that the running store recommended when I first got my gait analyzed. I wear the Saucony Ride. I like them a lot. I have thought about trying something different, but the nearest running store is over an hour away, so I usually just order shoes online.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Morning all.
    Didn't have time for a 9K today, so got in a quick-ish 4.
    jcfq0bf2c6jd.png

PS: sorry to hear about all your toe issues. Guessing this is something that's a lot worse for women than men!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    Nice run @kgirlhart . I didn't notice the RTY streak. Is is do a mile a day or something else?

Great job getting in your run between meetings @tarun_yadavA .
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Yes, the challenge is at least one mile per day and it can be running or walking. I think you can include other activities if you want.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    @shanaber ouch! I had one completely removed in my teens, not a pleasant experience but they killed the sides of the roots and stopped it ever happening again. For years I've had to be very careful with the other one, cutting v's in the middle and stuff, but since I got into long trails and basically lost all my naols that hasn't been a problem. Silver lining and all that lololol.
    @tarun_yadavA if you think it's because we're women, we need to initiate you in trails and ultras :-p

@eleanorhawkins Noooo... Didn't mean that at all. lol
    I meant, men aren't bothered if they have ugly man feet is what I meant
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @shanaber ouch! I had one completely removed in my teens, not a pleasant experience but they killed the sides of the roots and stopped it ever happening again. For years I've had to be very careful with the other one, cutting v's in the middle and stuff, but since I got into long trails and basically lost all my naols that hasn't been a problem. Silver lining and all that lololol.
    @tarun_yadavA if you think it's because we're women, we need to initiate you in trails and ultras :-p

@eleanorhawkins Noooo... Didn't mean that at all. lol
    I meant, men aren't bothered if they have ugly man feet is what I meant

Hahaha I see! True, I'm probably the odd one out there in not giving a flying toenail about that 🤣