200+ Hot For Halloween!

Options

Replies

• kmturtle3
    Options
    Just a quick stop-by to weigh in... 164 even. So on the chart, I will have gained none, lost none. But in my head, between yesterday and today, I went from 167.8 to 164, so I am PUMPED.

I guess the 18 glasses of water I drank yesterday did me some good. :laugh:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Drum roll please

I'm down 1.25 pounds from last week. I really thought I might gain from being out of town for 4 days. The last 3 days of not drinking and eating better have paid off. All the cal burned with the 1/2 marathon may have helped. Finally got my Bugg to upload and over the last 30 days, I'm averaging 2793 cal burned per day and taking an ave of 10534 steps a day (that's 5+ miles!!!)...

Kerry - at least it's not a gain. Good luck this weekend keeping things in check.
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    ********* weigh-in today at 208.2 ***************

can i get a break??? I've been teetering around this weight for 7 weeks!! I did up my calories so i'm hoping that next week will prove that to be a good idea.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!!

I forgot to set my coffee maker last night so I've been debating whether or not to go down to the cafe and get some. The problem is if I go to the cafe, I will be tempted to buy breakfast down there as well. Plus I hardly had .25 cup of milk to go in 1.5 cup cereal this morning so I've hardly had any protein. UGH. I don't want to set myself up to be starving all day.

I'm going to wait another day or two to officially weigh in. My weight stayed the same from yesterday even though I was over 3000mg OVER ON SODIUM. Yes, you read that right. THREE THOUSAND MILLIGRAMS OVER ON SODIUM YESTERDAY. I made Japanese food Wednesday night and used about 1/2 the bottle of terriyaki sauce. But yeah, I'm glad I didn't gain again because I ate the leftovers last night, but I want to see what (if any) will come off.

Hallie- lots of ((((((HUGS))))))
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the bean info! I've always wanted to start making my own but was a little intimidated.

Kendal, that outfit is cute!! Also, sodium sucks. If I go even a little over I never see a loss on the scale. The scale sucks too, by the way.

Bobbie, I don't like the new Facebook either, particularly the ongoing newsfeed thing on the top right. I am seeing EVERY. LITTLE. THING. that my friends do. First of all, why do I need to know all of that? Second, why would I want everyone seeing every little thing I do? Especially since I can see when my friends post on the wall of people I'm not even friends with. Super creepy. And super annoying, because that means that when my friend who is still Facebook friends with my ex posts on my wall, my ex will be able to see it AND see whatever I say in return. How is that okay?

Hosanna, way to make better choices! I've had that moment with food before too, that "why am I eating this when it's not even that good?" In the past I definitely would've just kept eating.

Megan, my whole week last week was a "2 sugar cookie and a brownie" kind of week. The good news is that we always have the chance to get back on the next day!

Kerry, holy cow, that is some great trick with the water! I need to try to get 18 glasses today! :smile:

Victoria, way to go on the great weigh-in!

Hailie, (((((((BIG HUG))))))))

As for me, I have big plans this weekend to exercise and stay on target food-wise, since I did so horribly last week. Weekends are always toughest, so here's hoping.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    aFvuu.jpg

Hey Guess What????

IT'S FRIDAY!!
    carlton-dance-gif.gif
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    So I had my very first dessert in 4 days!! It was soo wonderful and I enjoyed it so much more since I haven't had dessert in a while! It was a yummy mini cinnamon cupcake! So perfect and it was the perfect size! :D I love a good cupcake! Lol All I could think of was "I have been waiting for you for days little cupcake!" :blushing: But anyways, thanks for all the support with my running Ladies! Well, off to start my day! Have a good one! :wink:

-Rachel-
  • treehugginpam
    Options
    Kendal, you just made me LOL. :smile:
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So, as I suspected I am up. So, maybe...just maybe the scale Gods will grant me some mercy tomorrow or Sunday.

You know, I just don't understand. I have been trying to lose weight since I had my daughter. She will be 2 in november. I have been a regular at the gym, I have been either counting WW points or counting calories for 2 years with nothing to show for it. I am not any leaner by looking at me. I may have a stronger heart or lungs, but I don't look any different. Let's face it, thats the main reason I want to lose weight. I want to look good, normal weight. I know that things take time, but to basically maintain over the past 2 years is just wrong. It's actually very disturbing and seems almost worthless to me. Would I have gained doing nothing? Maybe, but I feel like I have tried and accomplished nothing, so what's the point.

I've even tried to change my "negative nancy" outlook on life and put a positive spin on everything. I just can't find one for this situation. I can't understand why God won't let me have the ONE thing that I'm really working for. I have a Dr.'s appointment today and my weight is obviously going to be topic of discussion. I have tried Adipex and was a successful starter for me in the past. I don't know if this will be a suggestion this time. I also have done TONS of research on WLS. I have debated bringing it up, because it wasn't ever a financial option. Now after further research within my company insurance, it is something that is covered and very doable. My dad has mentioned it to me, and so have other family and friends. They know how hard I try and hate to see that I don't see results. I know that it's not a "fix all" and I still have to keep doing what I am doing and better. I have no problem with doing the work, if my efforts are rewarded. Do you all think I am crazy? Is there someting wrong with willing to do ANYTHING to get what you want?
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Kendal- the Carlton dance gif put me in a chipper mood. Of course, now I have Tom Jones' "It's Not Unusual" stuck in my head now.

Victoria- way to go on the loss! *twirls* I know that's a biggie for you. Keep it up with the downward trend. *cracks whip*

I had a bit of a chocolate and ice cream melt down last night, but didn't give into temptation and not log. Everything is there in its ugly glory.

It's Friiiiday Friiiiiday!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Rikki- (Here's my attempt at tough love, trying to mimic Kerry from several pages ago.) WLS seems like it can be an easy way out but if you don't learn to eat "properly" then you will end up gaining the weight back. We have to be honest with ourselves. Now, I'm not one to judge anyone on their food choices, I know I am the last person that should tell people what they need to be doing. I looked through your food diary for the past two weeks. First of all, GREAT JOB LOGGING EVERYTHING! You did not miss a single day of logging at least one meal. But. Let's look at how many times you ate fast food; how many times you ate candy, cupcakes or candy bars. Granted, this is a lifestyle change so you have to be able to afford those times when candy, cupcakes and candy bars are necessary. You managed to stay within your cals most days, or only over by a couple hundred (which means that you were still below maintenance cals).

But YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. The saying isn't "you are how many calories you eat." Try to really grasp that concept. Yes, a person can eat fast food every day and stay under their cals, but they will not lose weight because they are eating low quality food. Please don't take this as an attack. If you think WLS is the best answer for you, then I will, by all means, support it. We love you girl and just want to see you succeed. :heart:
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    ***********************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 181.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**********************************

(and I'm starting TOM! How does that happen? down 3.2 lb AND starting?? I wonder what it would have been without TOM. OOh!! Maybe the 170's??!!)
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Kendal - I loved the running pics - so true!!!!

Kristina - cracks whip at you!!! What are the ugly #s? Accountability to us may make you think twice next time...

Rikki - WLS is a huge step. As I've recently discovered, it's not just about the cals but about quality of cals. I'm noticing a serious lack of fresh fruits and veges in your diet. You should aim for 6 to 8 servings a day and I counted an ave of 3 from your food log. The majority of your diet is processed foods which have high salt content. Can you ask your doctor for a consult with a nutrionalist? I've known 2 people that have undergone WLS. one did well but she changed how she ate. The other lost 100 pounds then put 50 back on since she kept eating crap. Can you pre-plan and cook on the weekend for the week? I use crockpots often. Good luck. Is your goal set to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week? How much are you exercising? Have you considered a BodyBugg or BodyMediaFit for a more accurate daily cal burn? I was really surprised to see that I burn more than I thought... I feel it's really worth the cost.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Twirls for your loss Sarah!!!
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Kendal
    Totally not an attack. I would much rather be able to do it on my own. Yes, I know that I must be able to fit it into a lifestyle, but when you look at the simple of it...calories in vs calories out....I should still be losing something right??? even if it were only a half lb......that would be enough to keep me going and pushing to do better.

Please don't think that I don't take all your (Kerry too) words to heart. I just don't see that you guys struggle like I do. You are all so positive and running a million miles a day etc. I feel defeated before I even try. Am I going to just stop trying all together? No. Maybe, If I can go 7 days......just 7 days without eating out and only a single treat a day, then I can make it 14 days. God give me strength.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    You do not struggle any more or less than me. See this chart? This is my weight loss for the past YEAR. Yeah, I've been stuck for a YEAR gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. But like I said, if I'm honest with myself, I've been half a s s ing it for a long time. And the longer I try, the more I realize it's not simply a matter of cals in/out. Those calories have to be high quality, clean, good-for-you calories.

74702_8728.jpg

ETA: also, it might be beneficial to track Sodium on your diary. That's where you can keep track of the salt that Victoria was talking about.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Rikki - Have you had your doctor check your blood levels - specifically your estrogen and progesterone? That can be a big reason that weight won't come off, and actually is kind of common after having kids. My sister couldn't lose weight for anything after she had her son, and THREE years later finally got things checked out. They put her on some medication temporarily to straighten things out, and she lost around 100 pounds in 7 or 8 months. (Then she got pregnant again, and didn't bother going back to the doctor... she's decided fat is fine with her.)

McDonalds for breakfast is probably not a wise answer, but it was THE answer this morning. At least it was burritos, and not something worse.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Rikki - last Sept, I weighed 182... Today, I'm 193... I struggling to. I fell back into old habits and stopped logging food. I've spent the last week looking back over my logs. I truely believe 80% of weight loss is food and only 20% is exercise. I actually lost more weight when I took long, slow walks (3 miles in an hour) or did easy Leslie Sansone videos... Next year, I hope to be under 180!!!! I know we can do this together. When your mind is made up to succeed, it's much easier to accomplish. As for deserts - have tried baked apple with some honey or fresh maple syrup, vanilla Greek yogurt with banana, honey and fresh peanuts, peanut butter on celery, or something along those lines?
  • treehugginpam
    Options
    Kristina, I had to laugh because I have "It's not unusual..." stuck in my head after Kendal's post too! :smile:

Sarah, as always, I'm coveting your weight loss. You are so consistent, even during TOM!

Rikki, I agree with what the others said. I know it's tough, but if you want to lose the weight then you have to REALLY want it. As in, doing everything in your power to make it happen, with every meal and every decision you make. That means eating fast food barely at all, making healthy choices when you do eat out, cutting out unhealthy snacks, and trying to cut out as much processed food as possible. I don't see sodium listed on your diary, but my guess is that it would be pretty high because of the processed foods, snacks, and fast foods. Sodium is a killer when it comes to the scale. Also what people said about weight loss surgery is right on the mark too...I had a friend who had WLS and lost a bunch of weight initially, but she had a HORRIBLE year of recovery (lots of complications from the surgery), and ultimately she started gaining all of her weight back because she hadn't changed her eating habits and her stomach got stretched back out again. Before you even consider a step like that, you need to really, honestly try your hardest at changing your lifestyle with healthy foods and exercise. Otherwise, surgery won't work out either. It's not been easy for me either...I've "fallen off the wagon" many times and my weight loss is going sooooo sloooooooooooowly. But I know that if the scale doesn't go down that usually it's because I've made the wrong choices. You can do it, I promise!
  • crystalAN85
    crystalAN85 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Eek! I'm two pages behind! :tongue:

I'll hafta catch up tonight or tomorrow night (more likely as I actually have a night out tonight!)

But weigh in for this week.....219. Hooray sodium... I hope... Lol.