WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Carol- sending healing prayers your husbands way..and you take time for you also.
    Signed the papers for my taxes they will get efiled either today or monday.. im getting a nice refund which will go into savings
    Also found a Fisher Price water table for Miles on Facebook marketplace for 30.00 and picked that up for him.. he loves playing with water ,they were outside playing when I pulled in and he saw me and he broke out in a huge grin..
    He loves it.. it came with some little toys and a couple of balls and he was chucking those on the ground.. so it went over well..
    Im home and fed Alfie and now going to relax for the weekend get some laundry done,and start packing what I can for the trip.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    DH had breakfast this morning & he has been sleeping this afternoon. I have gone to see him a few times. I hope this rest is improving his wellbeing. ❤️
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Katla, so happy you have your user name back. Even more happy that your DH is improving.

Carol, prayers for your husband and for you.

I got my hair done this morning and my eyebrows waxed. They were way overdue. I feel better.

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

WOOHOO!!! Katla49is back to her old self... Thanks Pip! We love you either way.

Debbie, God bless you. That's pretty big of DH to actually be angry at his mom for disrespecting "you" (in your absence) and then apologizing for ranting at you when he got home. I agree with Karen. It might be good for him to vent to you and see you as an ally and confidante. His mother is a real piece'o'work. It's really too bad that he can't just walk away and make her a ward of the state and let them deal with her.

I do wonder what facilities do with people like this? I mean seriously. You're paying a fee to be there, but you can't treat people like they're your personal servants. So how do they deal with nasty clients? They must have them. They can't not care for them. Just curious. These are the things I think about when my mind starts to wander.

HEY Barbara!!! I'm coming too! I love babies, burping and don't mind changing diapers.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS RITA!!

HAPPY FRIDAY and HAPPY WEEKEND! Hope y'all have a good one!
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Rita - A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. :D<3:D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Rita! Happy Birthday! <3 Lots of March birthdays. I think Debbie's is next Wednesday?

Lanette B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Rita!

Carol - hope tests go well and they find out what is going on with your DH.

Kim - hope your mom's surgery went well and she is more comfortable now. Thinking of you as you navigate this situation.

Got groceries bought this morning and dog groomer is here now grooming the dog. It has been raining off and on and it is cold.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Rita!

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,953 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Rita- hope you are having a wonderful day
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

WOOHOO!!! Katla49is back to her old self... Thanks Pip! We love you either way.

Debbie, God bless you. That's pretty big of DH to actually be angry at his mom for disrespecting "you" (in your absence) and then apologizing for ranting at you when he got home. I agree with Karen. It might be good for him to vent to you and see you as an ally and confidante. His mother is a real piece'o'work. It's really too bad that he can't just walk away and make her a ward of the state and let them deal with her.

I do wonder what facilities do with people like this? I mean seriously. You're paying a fee to be there, but you can't treat people like they're your personal servants. So how do they deal with nasty clients? They must have them. They can't not care for them. Just curious. These are the things I think about when my mind starts to wander.

HEY Barbara!!! I'm coming too! I love babies, burping and don't mind changing diapers.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS RITA!!

HAPPY FRIDAY and HAPPY WEEKEND! Hope y'all have a good one!
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN

In fact, all the private facilities I know of can and will discharge people from care for disruptive and offensive behavior, especially someone who is doing it volitionally. It’s spelled out in the contract that is signed by the resident. Just like they can and will discharge a patient who needs a respirator or has a serious transmissable disease. Anything they aren’t equipped to handle constitutes a reason for involuntary discharge. While there are some specialized facilities that are better equipped to deal with violent or disruptive memory care patients, that wouldn’t apply to Debbie’s MIL.

If the facility accepts Medicare and/or Medicaid, they have to jump through more hoops to discharge a disruptive resident, but it can still be done. In any case, it’s a long, arduous procedure and there has to be a comprehensive plan of care for discharge and another facility or family member has to accept the resident into care before they can be discharged.

There are protocols and procedures, of course, but facilities have consultants who are experts at executing the legal involuntary discharge of a disruptive resident, believe me.

In Virginia, the “bed of last resort” law allows state psychiatric hospitals to admit patients involuntarily in mental health crises if no private facility will take them after they have been discharged from another private facility.

Thus, your comment about being made a ward of the state is quite accurate. That is likely the only way a person like that could be cared for…as a ward of the state in a state psychiatric hospital. Not where I would want my family member to go, but then I have never had a family member like Debbie’s MIL.
    ---
    As an aside, this is way more than is required to discharge an adolescent who has aged out of the foster care system.
    ---
    Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rita!!! Happy Birthday!!! t3337.gif
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am looking at weather news reporting on tornado damage in NW Arkansas. I hope Lisa is safe. 🤞🏻
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Pip is that post above from Katla????
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Katla did you get kicked out of your user name again????!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day

Walk w/family- 1hr 39min 18sec, 46elev, 3.01ap, 86ahr, 107mhr, 5.93mi= 460c
    Strava app= 616c
    Housecleaning etc- 2hrs 50min 2sec, vacuum, dust, laundry, fold and put away, make dog treats, make new hummingbird food, repack Bette for camping trip, move living room around for new couch= 792c

Total cal 1252
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Yes, katla is now using her preferred user name katla49
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I did my yoga and aerobic walking Yay!

I ate 1104 calories today for a deficit of 386 Yay!

I need to try to do the aerobic walking before dinner because my body is wide awake now. I also need to give my knee a good rest on Sunday. I'm really working it every day which isn't right.

My dad and I procrastinated instead of doing taxes. We will try again tomorrow.

Annie in Delaware
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    I am looking at weather news reporting on tornado damage in NW Arkansas. I hope Lisa is safe. 🤞🏻
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Yes, katla is now using her preferred user name katla49

Looks like she is logged in as the “wrong” user name again.

Okie