WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie- safe travels to Boston.. here is hoping you Uber where you need to go,because they drive like wackos up there..
    Scares the bejesus out of me..
    Will be thinking of you..my best friend is flying up fro. North Carolina tomorrow for Doreens wake on friday.. and then Saturday I have a retirement party at night to go to.. I am going to try this weekend..to get everything packed and set for the trip.. as I'll be busy with Miles through Wednesday and I fly out Thursday morning God willing.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Allie have a smooth trip!

Rosemarie (((hugs)))

I ate 1003 calories today and have a deficit of 292 so far. Yay!

I haven't done my aerobic walking yet. I did an hour of yoga again. Maybe that's why my upper back is a bit sore - lots of planks. But my knee is holding tough, so that's good.

I made a meatloaf for my parents. I can do it without a recipe now, at least if no one is talking to me.

Have a great evening my friends!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 7min 34sec, 147elev, 2.58ap, 88ahr, 115mhr, 2.58ap, 6.17mi= 818c
    Strava app= 756c
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Today was Uber busy. Groceries and prep for an art display at the end of the month.

I had a great ‘ no plan’ day yesterday. It’s surprising how much you can get done when you have never plans. 😝

Intentions for March:
    🔹Maintain weight < 140 (I have managed to stay at the lower end off the 140s)
    🔹Continue with Solid Habit development

Intentions for today✔️

I’m bushed so will catch up tomorrow.

Pg 24

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
    March Action for Happiness:
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with awareness and kindness
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.Trees silhouetted against the sky; the appearance of snowdrops in spring; the sound of waves breaking on the shore.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I meditate on this each morning when I wake up, and am grateful for each new opportunity to have a good day.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. Positive affirmations are very powerful. Be kind to yourself, always.
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. We chatted with our girls about other family members, and raised a glass to them.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. I will do this tomorrow (7th)
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.Resisting the temptation to plan my day. Serendipity reigns today.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and email of your food. ✔️
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others.
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee.
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today.
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.
    21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
    22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.
    23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    26. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.

30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Debbie & Machka!
    🌸 🌺. 🌸
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Yes Rosemarie that was a rude comment about McDonald's.

I did my aerobic walking Yay! Now today's deficit is 487 Yay! An all-time high for me and not something that will happen often. I skipped my chocolate today, that's once in a blue moon.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did a Joyce Vidral DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a total body strength training dvd

Tracey – good luck on the interview

Debbie and M – happy birthday

Evelyn – feel better soon

I know when we stayed at one hotel, you could smell smoke in the hallway. They called the police and they knocked on every door. When they found the person who smoked, they had him leave

Heather – fantastic pictures

Rebecca – great design for the bathroom! Did you design it and pick out the cabinetry? I’m probably going to PM you about it if you did it all.

One lady today was commenting on how colorful the flowers I left were, she asked how much they cost. I just told her I didn’t remember. Truth is, they were free!

My gardening is “if God means for it to live, it’ll live”. I look at a plant and it dies

Rosemarie – you deserved the restful B&B. So glad you got it. I’m sorry the service is getting larger. Your “friend” is ridiculous

After exercise went to Aldi. I do try to go to the store even if just for a few things (not like at home when I go maybe once/week) so hopefully we won’t have as much to take back. Afterwards, there was a lady’s lunch. I had a chicken Caesar taco with the dressing on the side and instead of the french fries I had mixed vegetables, no butter or sauce. Just water to drink. Then went for a walk. The launch of the ship that was 3D printed was scrubbed. Not sure when it’s supposed to go up. I think there is a SpaceX launch tomorrow.

Cards tomorrow. Have to think, maybe since it’s supposed to be cooler Vince and I can go for our walk earlier and he can have dinner when he gets back. A neighbor of ours wants to take me to lunch tomorrow at Chipotle since I gave her yarn and was showing her how to make this afghan. Unfortunately, she forgot how to do it. So she’ll bring it back down next year and we’ll go over it again.

Then went for my walk around the parking lot. Vince went with me for a little bit. It was cool, but by the time I finished I was sweating

Then we’re supposed to go to lunch with friends on Friday. Vince said that with lunch out on Wed. Thur, and Fri, I should jog around the parking lot….lol

Michele wishing she could stay longer.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options

I am back to talking with more people than I have in years. I will have to toughen up! Some of the things they say are remarkable! My Friend from high school called from San Francisco. I had to call her back because I had was making a run to McDonald's to have something for dinner at the Inn. She said your eating McDonalds..that's bad...that's because your in the South. People in California eat healthier. How rude...8 days a widow and she is chiding me because I got McDonalds. And she hates to work out and I do work out. And give me a break...people in California go to McDonalds.
    We had a nice conversation otherwise. But pretty rude about the McDonalds thing...8 days a widow!

:) This is one of the reasons I talk to so few people. I don't have the time or energy to deal with negativity or unsolicited advice. Best wishes to you navigating this difficult journey

<3 Barbie in NW WA 💖
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie - Wow, you never know what's going to pop out of people's mouths! McDonald's isn't the worst thing in the world, and you had to grab something. Glad your conversation with the CA friend was good otherwise. :)

Would you mind me asking -- how long did your husband need round the clock care?

Betsy - please fill us in on your Panama Canal excursion when you get a chance. It was probably a tad warmer than Alaska. :D Bet it was good to get away and see a different part of the world.

Protein Bars Kay and Michele (?)I'm going to check out Aloha bars. I hadn't heard of them and now I see they have coconut ones. :p I have a supply of Darryl's Bars that are good, 11 gm protein and pretty tasty, running up toward 300 calories each. I keep them in the freezer - away from temptation.

I think I've mentioned Kodiak Cakes pancake mix before. I've been making them into waffles, adding milk instead of water, maybe some chopped dried fruit, a teaspoon of chia seeds, a tablespoon of chopped nuts, a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips, etc. It's easy to get a waffle that's 20 gm of protein under 250 calories, and I like that I can break it into 4 pieces and stick one quarter in the toaster at a time.

This morning I made a savory waffle. Still used the milk and chia seeds, but added some Italian spices, garlic and onion powder, and a big tablespoon of shredded parmesan cheese. It was a winner.

Now I'm thinking about making one using water and salsa instead of the milk, oregano, maybe a dash of taco seasoning, Mexican cheeses. Something different to have with soup but still packing a lot of protein.

Did my strength training this morning then got busy this afternoon with more garden and property cleanup. Looks like sunshine on Saturday (crossing fingers) so planning to get the weed eater going and maybe even mow in a few spots. It's great being active outdoors again.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others. Tried to start early at tonight’s meeting but failed more often than achieved.

Kay thanks for the Aloha protein bar suggestion, I’ll try one out. I’m with your nutritionist, all the “…itol”s make me windy ;)
    Michele “walking partner” WOW! Yay Vince!!! why can’t you and Vince stay longer in FL?
    Barbie thanks for your chicken in peanut sauce recipe too!
    Annie well done on the new bike!
    Kim is there no nearby care facility alternative to your mom recovering at your house? Sorry to hear you’ve been hit with such shocking information on top of everything else you’re coping with. Glad your counselor could give you the needed extra time.
    Tracey well done on restarting your physio exercises. Can’t wait to hear how Monday’s interview goes. Hope the new place is worthy of you.
    Kylia safe travels and hope you have a wonderful time with your family.
    Debbie hope your exMIL’s social security payments don’t have too bad an impact on your ex FIL’s income taxes. Debbie that is a tempting sale, I might have to drive to the nearest Safeway (30 miles south) to get some corned beef. Oh that’s right, the 17th is coming soon!
    Rita “. . . I did not get mad, just politely asked for them to investigate. . . “ VERY well done!
    Lanette your description of your Kodiak protein pancakes is inspiring.
    Rosemarie I’m also former CA (native San Franciscan) girl who is ashamed of my state sister’s rudeness and yes I do treat myself to McDonald’s when on road trips. Glad you are listening to your feelings. Don’t let anyone else push you into doing (or not doing) anything you want to.

There were others I wanted to respond to but I’m falling asleep.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. March: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie: Sorry about the passing of Luann. She was young and this is sad.

Grandmallie and Kim: Thank you for validating that I am not going crazy about what is rude. I hope to volunteer at a dog shelter and maybe meet some nice people through this activity. Right now I get very tired and have to take frequent naps.

I am sorry you're having to deal with things like that. It's amazing what pops out of people's mouths.

As for your plans ... just rest. Do things when you've got the energy, but take those frequent naps. You've got a lot of different emotions to work through in the next month or two or longer.

It might be worth seeing if you can find a place to stay for the next month to take a break from your house ... sometimes hotels rent rooms by the month. Take the time to regroup.

:heart:

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    539bkeq1z1nd.png