WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Barbara- if you are going to get the Corned Beef, be sure to add it to your card-it is a digital one. Limit 2.
    Smart and Final also has a digital coupon for $1.99 lb-limit one.

Not sure how that will effect former inlaws taxes but even with getting that one lump sum, he will still have a nice amount that he wasn't counting on.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie, Your high school “friend" was rude. And callous. The fact that you continued your conversation with her after her thoughtlessness is a testament to your graciousness and tolerance. She didn’t deserve it. (((Hugs)))
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Oh, Machka, It just hurts me to read about your medical history, and about the ineptness of your previous doctors. It sounds as if things are getting better, but still...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Oh, Machka, It just hurts me to read about your medical history, and about the ineptness of your previous doctors. It sounds as if things are getting better, but still...

I haven't been impressed over the past year.

For example, if an ultrasound came back with the following in big black letters, perhaps it might warrant a follow-up of some sort. {{shrug}}

"Mild renal cortical thinning bilaterally in keeping with chronic kidney disease"

Especially when coupled with borderline questionable kidney function bloodwork.

My previous doctor, the one with one foot out the door to the Netherlands, overlooked it entirely until I pointed it out to her.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    love the photo of you after your ride Machka

triumphant smile <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im here with Miles he was awake at 4:30..
    I think grandma has the touch Tracy doesn't, I can put him right to sleep he snuggles up on me and is out..only way she can get him to sleep is if he is nursing.
    Carmine will be 15 on the 17th
    We have to bundle up and it is about 62 in here during the day..but thats what I keep my place at because I have electric everything.
    Ive been waking up earlier and earlier without the alarm
    Which is fine with me.
    Will go get Homer out today and tomorrow Tom should be home tomorrow afternoon ,so Homer will be one happy camper!!
  • Machka9
    Options
    love the photo of you after your ride Machka

triumphant smile <3

Thanks!
  • Machka9
    Options
    I has a nice Birthday Day 1.
    Slept in a little.
    Strenuous but good bicycle ride.
    Relaxing.
    Dinner at the local pub with cake and ice cream for dessert.
    Watched movie.
    Listened to music.
    Read book.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka—I am impressed with the windy weather for your bike ride, and the triumphant photo of you at the end of your ride. WTG!!!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

I am back to talking with more people than I have in years. I will have to toughen up! Some of the things they say are remarkable! My Friend from high school called from San Francisco. I had to call her back because I had was making a run to McDonald's to have something for dinner at the Inn. She said your eating McDonalds..that's bad...that's because your in the South. People in California eat healthier. How rude...8 days a widow and she is chiding me because I got McDonalds. And she hates to work out and I do work out. And give me a break...people in California go to McDonalds.
    We had a nice conversation otherwise. But pretty rude about the McDonalds thing...8 days a widow!

:) This is one of the reasons I talk to so few people. I don't have the time or energy to deal with negativity or unsolicited advice. Best wishes to you navigating this difficult journey

<3 Barbie in NW WA 💖

Barbie - this hits home. That was my DH's philosophy too. I've expanded my social contacts a little more than him, but I think it might be a reason I'm no longer a "joiner" or plan/schedule things with other people. It's funny, seems now that I'm in my 70's, I'm a lot more tolerant in many areas, but rude and tiresome people are on the "avoid" list. My circle is tight.

Rosemarie - sending strength to you as you get through all of this. I had a lot of alone time after my DH passed to recharge my batteries, it sounds like you'll be full throttle for a while. Good luck with the eulogy! So happy to hear you've gotten sympathy cards and flowers to honor his passing.

You had quite a journey this past few years as caregiver. You deserve all the happiness you can get and you have the right to make choices you feel are important regarding your home and how you'll spend your free time. Working out more will be great if that's in your plan, get those endorphins going. ;)

I have tried several times to write an obit or memorial for my DH and I got sidetracked or bogged down, so I've given up for now. After he retired and as he started to fail, his social circle dwindled. The people that he was important to and knew him still comment what they remember about him that was funny or admirable. I appreciate that.

Lisa
    - that's great news about your neighbors. It's a blessing to have someone next door you can trust and depend on. And great job with the story recovery! :p

Just got back from a brisk 1 mile walk. Since part of it is on the main road, I try to beat the school buses and folks on their way to work. Time for another cup of coffee, then back to the seed catalogs!

Make it a fabulous day!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Heather - didn't you say you grow basil in your windowsill? If that was you (and/or whoever else does it successfully) how do you water it and keep it healthy? Basil is so touchy for me but I really want to get a plant going. I see some little plants are available at stores.

Lanette B)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie ... some unsolicited advice ... take care of you now. Really. Your needs. Your wishes. Your health especially. And, yes, the California gal was out-of-line.

Machka and Debbie ... Happy Belated Birthday!

Kim ... so sorry you've been hit with another family "bomb." Hugs.

Rebecca ... the bathroom looks great! Your sister is right, by the way. You're also grieving and in the world of grief it's all relative. One person's loss cannot be considered greater or lesser than another's.

I've spent too long catching up with all of you. Heading back down to the basement to purge more stuff!

Beth near Buffalo