WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    Barbara- Thanks!!
    The water wasn't that deep and there was a fence at the edge so wouldn't go far :)
    I had to pick my daycare girl up so really didn't have time for the 30min it would take to get all the way back around the other way.
    Yes, I was thrilled when our tour guide told us that tea never expires.(from another tea horder to another). I have so many boxes but can't pass up a bargain of something I know I love or one that sounds great. Right now I am having Hot Cinnamon. It is a new one to me. It is more of a ground cinnamon flavor which is good but I really love the red hots type cinnamon. I am the same way with peppermint. Most is good but a trick my former brother in law showed me that I continue to use, is adding a little bit of candy cane in my tea or just hot water. Love the flavor, so warming but very low calories. 99% of the things I drink are 0Cal. Once in a while I will have coffee which I have to have creamer in.

If you are like me and love tea, and if you ever get the chance. Go to the Celestial Seasonings Factory in Boulder,CO.
    They have a huge tasting room- all free. You can stay and try every one of the teas they make.
    The factory tour is free-your "ticket" for the tour is a pack of tea(the 4 tea bag pack)
    The tour is amazing, so informative . Then you end up in a great gift shop.
    I bought so much that they had to ship it home for me(they just charge the exact shipping)
    At least this is how it was when we went a few years ago.
    Really want to go back. I was with dh, our son and dh's friend. I could have stayed and looked a little longer but they were done long before I was.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Carla sorry about all the typos in Rich’s, obituary! I’m very sorry for your loss.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Well I had three street tacos. I added a small bowl of cucumber slices in olive oil, a dash of doy, a splash of ACV and everything seasoning. I had with my Fresca a hearty splash of ACV. No fruit, but awe well, tomorrow is another day. Wearing a necklace I haven't worn in ages. I always felt like it was choking me, today it feels comfortable. Yay.👍🏻
    Today a gal is coming over to get some free items I had online. Bandages, a bead holding box, little bead plastic containers, foot cream, and other stuff I let go. I have been going thru drawers and such.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    The minimalist is training
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,366 Member
    <3
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,782 Member
    Rebecca--Hugs!!
    Rosemarie--Baby steps and One day at a time. Taking care of you is something new, but you can do this.
    Allie--Glad you are having fun, Please do get checked when you get home.
    Katla--Glad to see you post was worried.
    Annie--Good job on getting the taxes done and checked off the to do list.
    Kim--No words just hugs and prayers.
    Carla and Allie--Sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose a freind.
    Heather--Love the family pictures. Those children are growing so fast. Looks like everyone had fun.
    Tina--Sounds like a very interesting trip. Sorry to hear you and DH were ill.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Annie, I'm so glad you got your dad's taxes done. That is something that is always stressful for me even when I have all the documents and have a professional fill out the paperwork. You are a super hero.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    Hi I haven’t done my fitness pal in awhile. I’m trying to decide if I want to go premium. It looks like if I don’t it only tracks my calorie and from what I’ve had today I’m not using enough calories. And it I’m replying on someone post I’m sorry. I don’t know how to start my own post.

I tried it for the free trial, to me it wasn’t worth it so I switched back to free
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Katla, So glad you had a nice visit with your daughter! <3 Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    edited March 2023
    Katla it’s good to see you!

Pip cool knife!

Margaret My family tells me that it’s beginning to feel like spring is coming to Minnesota 💐🌺🌸🌻

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Did a body pump DVD, then went to a few stores. Got meringue powder that I needed, looked for any St. Pats day shirts but no one had one that fit me. Work tomorrow.

After doing the DVD walked around the track at the gym. Honestly, it’s a bit boring. One of the things I liked about FL was that there were lots of sidewalks. OK, not everywhere, but there were lots

Went to WalMart. Made a shrimp gumbo, cupcakes for Vince and icing for them. Went for a bit of a walk with Vince.

Mary – I find that I want to drink more water when I have something to eat that is dry (like popcorn) or very spicy

Tina – sounds like a wonderful holiday!

Mary – the problem with diet soda is that you have those artificial ingredients. And I believe it’s aspertame that’s linked to altzheimers

Annie DE – how right you are that the more you drink, the more you need to go to the bathroom. I always say “name the store and I can tell you where the bathroom is”

grandmagigi – welcome! I prelog my dinners for the following week and never had a problem. I don’t have premium

Heather – many years ago Jess did a “behind the scenes” at SeaWorld. She enjoyed (natch) working with the animals

Debbie – I, too, very rarely drink soda. I might have one/year, but that’s about IT. Definitely don’t do the “diet” sodas, and I just can’t justify the calories in regular sodas. I’d much prefer to have water. Unfortunately, around here there’s lots of sweet tea (yuk, and double yuk)

Barbara – glad you’re better now, we were all worried.

Annie – Good job getting those taxes done!

Pip – so sorry to hear this about Lucy. What happens now? How do you get around taking her for walks especially when she needs to go to the bathroom. Neato knife

Got to go take a shower and get reads for work tomorrow

Michele NC