**CLOSED** Skinny Chics & A Rooster **CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Empanadas question. I've never eaten these. What do I serve with them? They are mexican correct?
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily Mexican, but salsa works well ;-)

Honestly, they're what we consider antojitos (craving food), like tacos and burritos...Fast food, so to speak. At home, we usually just eat them just with salsa or cover them with shredded lettuce and sour cream WITH SALSA! Did you get the salsa??? LOL...the hotter the better!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Renae: we have them with dipping sauce. Spicy and sweet.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options

Laneybird - good luck at hitting your 50lb mark tomorrow - I have a good feeling about this! Sending you and early "WOOT WOOT"

Thanks, you're so sweet! Wish I had that good feeling too lol. We shall see... if not, then next week without a doubt!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Welp... maybe it's my scale?!? Didn't really show much of anything on my scale this morning but end of the day and fully dressed -- and I was still down 3.4 pounds. I am celebrating THAT one! I am so, so, so very tired and plan to go to bed. So as I hit the hay - I will say to Make it a Great Friday!! Enjoy the upcoming weekend.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Hello skinny chicks and a rooster.....it is finals week again so I am not able to be on here much yet, but hopefully starting next week I will be back in the forums/links daily like I used to be.

I have the eating back under control, but have yet to get my exercise mojo back. I just do not have the energy nor the desire to do anything more than I have too....and I dread cold weather coming. Guess I should get back into the gym so the weather won't be a factor :grumble:

I am trying to catch up on posts as I can....but a question....is there an October challenge and if so what is it? I need to get back into challenges and force myself to get back where I was before the separation and emotional roller coaster happened.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG

I almost couldn't sit up this morning to scratch my boobies ;)

So my 'fun' workout went a little overboard last night.. It started out sane, Me sitting on my little fitness ball typing away to you guys and I decide I wanted to listen to music (something I almost never do, Hubby, hates my music almost all of it. He I swear would be a gay man stuck in the 80's if you went by his music. Me.. just about anything other than jazz, but I prefer hard rock, heavy metal etc)

So I put my headphones in. And on the ball... well you can just sorta bounce, and wiggle those hips (yeah like zumba sitting) (OH LANE, guess what doesn't anger the foot ;))..... So anyway I overdo it of course. 4 hours later, hundreds of crunches, hips moving forward and back and circles and ... now you know why I couldn't move this morning. I only logged 300 calories. I gotta HRM that the next time ;) hehehe...

So that's gonna be my new thing for a while I think ;) whee It was fun tho... and I gotta tell ya I do miss the music, sometimes hubby annoys me ;) luckily they invented headphones ;)

As for the Empanadas, yes salsa and more salsa ;) But Bobbie, everything is better with salsa ;) I could it eat it on ice cream if I really wanted to :D Yeah okay I guess I've converted after living in both Nevada and Arizona since 1994 ;)

Becky
    -- go go go go go go go go ;) See told you *thhhpppppptttt* I'm just sayin... I love you ;) Speaking of challenges, Flying Foxes? ;)

And Lane, at least with me around there's never a dull moment ;)

Party On.. ;)

Oh I couldn't help myself.....

Renae... this is just for you... First post (today) on my website ;) There's a linky... http://icewolf.us

;)
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Cynthia - thanks for the song! I love Olivia Newton John. Have you ever watched Glee? There is a really funny scene on that show where they dance to this song. It's the only 5 minutes of Glee that I have watched but our girls were hooked on the show last Spring. I like the exercise ball workout idea. Gotta get me one of those. Maybe by shoulder wouldn't bother me as much if I wasn't perched on the edge of this office chair 9 hours a day? I'll bet your sore body feels good. I can barely walk this morning from my Biggest Loser workout yesterday. I guess switching things up is a good idea.

Tami - good luck on those finals. God I don't miss college.

Becky - I'll be anxious to hear what your official loss is this week. So happy for you.

JJ - we're all waiting for you to unveil the October Challenge so we can psyche ourselves up!

Thanks everyone for the empanada tips. I picked up the wonton wrappers yesterday. Small little buggers. What happens if you bake them instead of fry them? mush? I'll get my deep fryer out Satuday night. Now of course that means homemade fries for the kiddos. I'll toss a few sweet potatoes in also --mmmmmm.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Cyndi - I checked out your web page a bit and see that you are a Chihuly fan. Once I saw your photos of his work I knew immediatedly I'd seen some of his sculptures at Mohegan Sun in Conn. Amazing!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluesyfish/5115653725/
    http://www.travelwritersmagazine.com/TravelFeaturesSyndicate/Mohegan-Sun.html
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Ok, ok, ok!

I dropped my friends off at the airport this morning and I am back to concentrating on this! I am really proud that I was able to maintain during their visit here while still having a great time and not feeling like I was missing anything. Now I have just over a week to lose a little more before I go see my sweetie and knock his socks off.

******************OCTOBER CHALLENGE**********************************

THE SEVEN SUMMITS

In mountain climbing there is a small group of people that have summited the highest mountain on each continent. This is a huge challenge, usually requiring a few years, a lot of training and buckets of money. The group that has accomplished this incredible feat and lived to tell about it numbers less than 300 and only 34 of them are women. You can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Summits

The mountains are:

Mt. Kosciuszko (7,310 ft) in Australia (or there is another option in Carstensz Pyramid (16,024 ft) which is the tallest mountain in Oceania/Australasia).

Vinson Massif (16,050) in Antarctica.

Mt. Elbus (18,510 ft) in Europe.

Kilimanjaro (19,340 ft) in Africa.

Denali (you can call it Mt. McKinley if you want, but I am from Alaska and we call it Denali, The Great One) (20,320) in North America.

Aconcagua (22,841 ft) in South America.

Everest (29,035 ft) in Asia.

My idea for the challenge is this. We will have seven different activities. Each activity will contribute to our climbing a particular mountain. By the end of the month we will have hopefully climbed all seven summits together!

My hope is that this will help us all to continue with some of the great habits we have picked up the past couple of months with our challenges, such as running, biking and swimming (thanks Becky and Sara!), but we will also be adding in some new activities to help us to expand our options and workouts. These activities will not all be exercise based and belonging to a gym will not be required to accomplish them.

I would like this to be a group challenge, so that we are all working as one group, just to change it up from this month (although I will really miss the trash talk fun!). I also would like this month to be unlimited. If you want to set yourself a personal goal, then go ahead, but one thing I have noticed the past couple of months is that many of us have set a personal goal and then ended up going way past it (sometimes even doubling it). So how about if we don't limit ourselves this month, but just see how much we can do! I love when we all work together to get to the goal and my hope would be that we would all try to contribute to each of the mountains, injury and physical limitations would impede this some, but hopefully most of us will be able to try everything at least once.

I will share more details about the activities in a little bit, but since people have started to ask, I thought I would share the general concept now. I will also post some more details about each of the mountains we will be climbing this week, so you can get to know them.

I am really excited about this challenge and hope you are too! I have always been intrigued with the idea of The Seven Summits so its fun to think I will be able to say I did it too...with my friends!

So are YOU in?

PS I am not a spreadsheet kinda gal. Anyone willing to volunteer to help out with creating a spreadsheet? :bigsmile:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    JJ, that is an excellent challenge. Do you know that one of the guys who has done this, whose name I can't remember right now, actually comes to the high school I taught at the for last 6 years to speak with the students. Two years ago, he took a teacher, a student, and the student's mom to Mt. Everest Base Camp fully paid for by Hanes Brand Inc. The school has had a business partnership with Hanes for 25 years, back when it was still Sara Lee Inc. I can't wait to get started.................guess i need to finish this swimming first though, huh? 3 more times in the pool should do it!!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    JJ- I am so in for this challenge. I don't even care what the activities are. It just sounds cool.

Well, we are heading out to our cabin in a couple hours so I have to go get packed and what not. have a super great weekend and I'll be logging by phone so unless there has been an upgrade where I can get to the message boards I will be gone til sunday. have a great one all and think skinny since you're thinking anyway.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    I'm in JJ - sounds like fun and I'll enjoy learning about the 7 peaks! Have a great weekend.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I am up for the October challenge!! sounds great to me. Waiting to hear what the 7 activities will be!
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Renae
    -welcome for the song ;) And yep yep that is surely a chihuly ;) love ... love ... love that man. I have to update my pictures of pilchuck trip I guess this summer :) *I am so lazy sometimes*

JJ
    -- Love the challenge, but can't do it this month, will be gone *hopefully* 2 weeks in Hawaii, and now in the cam boot ;) But I'll do the chart for you if you want, send me the details in an email and I'll put it together for you.

Have a good day everyone.

Oh btw, Surgeon says ;)

CAM BOOT! 1 month ;) I'm actually not unhappy about it, I know, isn't that ****ed up? it means I'm not sitting around doing nothing to me :) very happy with that. :) yay! :)
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge! :)
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    JJ- I'm totally in
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    JJ- I am in for the challenge!!!

Hey everyone,
    I was doing really good this week with TOM here but then yesterday happened. Way to embarrassed to say what happened but glad today is a new day. And a couple of NSV happened. Had to get my ring re-sized again. Can't believe its down to a 7.25, when I started this journey it was a 9. But when me and hubby got married it was an 8. So very happy about that. And I ordered knee high wide calf boots and OMG they fit!!! I have wanted a pair for so long and to finally fit into a pair. Super happy :happy: Excited about my weekend. Going to repaint my kitchen. Now its a light blue, but will be painting it a light beige and a dark red.

Tami~ happy to have you back. Good luck with your finals!!
    Staci~Awesome job on the race. And you look amazing in your current pic. What a difference between the two. Good job!!
    Cynthia~ happy to hear you have a new workout routine but sorry to hear about your stiffness this morning. Hope the boot works!

Well hope everyone else is having a great friday and check back in later.
    Julie
  • Ziggie13
    Options
    JJ....I am up for the October challenge.

I just want to thank everyone for helping me keep moving. If it wan't for all you, I would not be down on my weight like I am.

The challenges have been great.

THANKS

ziggie
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    JJ -- I'm in... but of course! Sent you an email and have some thoughts to look at to send to Cyndi for the spreadsheet! Thanks for all the work on the October Challenge... While I love the triathalon stuff -- I just still have some crud in my head and am ready for a new month, new challenge, new attitude! ha, ha, ha!

ReNae -- it was my "official" weigh-in the other day. I just didn't know why the heck my scale didn't seem reflective in the same way. Lesson is learned though, get over myself already! ha, ha, ha. Love ya! Oh, and I've only ever did the frying of the wonton wrappers -- there are some bigger ones if you really want bigger. I used the bigger ones for homemade eggrolls. But please yes - let me know how baking them works. On a note - with the eggrolls, I rolled them all and then par-fried them (just enough to get it started and sealed), let them drain the grease and cool some, then froze them in smaller amounts in freezer bags. It was a lot of work to make them, so I made a ton and froze them and can cook them a few at a time. Anyway - I don't do the fried anymore but if it works for baking, I'd love to hear!

Lexie -- I'm serious about the photo... want to see the Pi Girls! woot woot!

Lane -- WOOOOOHOOOO!! Congrats on the big 5-0!

Steph -- let me know what you find on the apple crisp recipes... I did see a quick, easy and lower calorie recipe for this -- I'll have to see what I can find! sounds yummy...

Tami -- so happy to see you back sister! I'll send some exercise mojo to you... not only has Dr IceWolf ordered me to knock it off but the gym is also closed. Otherwise, I'd be going AMA, I'm afraid. HA!

Cyndi -- you make me laugh even in your misery... I'd almost feel guilty if I didn't know that it was your intention. What IS your plan around the boot? AND - no reason that you can't do the challenge even if you are gonna be in HAWAII (so jealous!) for 2 weeks. I promise -- there is still gonna be ways to participate... so, I'm signing you up... yes... yes, I can... I can... can to, can to!... because I said so... I'm Becky that's who!! Yep... I'm pretty sure that qualifies you as signed the f*** up! Ahhht... Ahhht... no, no Cyndi dear... this is where the Social Worker voice comes out... that's right, sit there and look pretty and be happy about it d*mn it! ha, ha, ha... LOVE YOU!! (and yep - let's go with that.. unless you can do Wing Women. But Flying Foxes are good!)

Julie -- WOW - not just on the ring sizes but more than that... YAY on the boots! Seriously - I want some but I can't even get pants over these calves... so, just know that I am doing a happy, happy, HAPPY dance for you! Photos please! Oh, watch the impact of the kitchen on your appetite... the red WILL increase appetite, so that's fine, it is a kitchen... but be aware that it is VERY real the impact colors have on us! I want red in my dining room/kitchen combo and have strawberry decor so there's lots of red... I love the sound of it and hope it goes well. Here's to both of us working on home improvement projects this weekend! ching-ching!