**CLOSED** Skinny Chics & A Rooster **CLOSED**

Options
1313233343537»

Replies

• lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Hello All... Gosh I miss ya all! I know that it's my own darned fault. As I posted earlier (discovered this as I wrote it) on someone's wall... I think that I have let Life's Pace be dictated by Others. This is so contrary to what my year's goal was. So, I have to try and take control of it all over again! Anyway - I will be back later... just wanted you to know that I miss you!

Also - if anyone wants to form a team for another one of Lee's challenges - I am game for being a team member. I don't want to be the captain 'cause I screwed it all up last time... was gone too much but really do want to play! It's a team of 6 for a flying around the world calorie burn challenge. Much longer this time and has a Christmas/Holiday Theme! Please let me know if anyone wants to form a team (or two - there are lots of us!) and whomever wants to be the leader/captain - please note the thread link on my profile page. Thanks in advance...
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Steph - congrats on the new clothes AND the fun night with the hubby :wink: . I am sure you are getting pretty hot and he is having a hard time keeping his hands off you!

Becky - good to see you on here :smile: I know I probably speak for everyone when I say that we miss you! Come back more regularly...I am missing your long posts and great input!

Uggghhhh! Its monday :grumble: And my first full week in a long time! I don't really want to go, but I guess I have to go earn the little bit of money I do get paid. Overall I had a pretty good weekend. I was emotional some of the time, but I know that is to be expected and I am getting better of accepting the feelings and then moving on. I know that I talk about it a lot, but just talking with you guys about it, it is making me feel better. I don't have much to say this morning, mainly because I am still tired. Hope you all have a great Monday!!
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Lexie - Congrats on the 2teens! Glad to hear you had a wondeful Black Friday! And what willpower! Hope that HCG continues to be good for you! Remember one day at a time sometimes it is an hour at a time but you will do it!

Becky - Midnight shopping? Ickk! Hope you got all the deals you were hoping for! I, we, miss you too! Can't wait for all the smileys to return!

Steph - I hope tomorrow goes well for you! My kids aren't perfect and I am the first to admit it, but I hate going to those as well and usually send an email to the teachers asking about them every other month or so instead. Awesome about the 18, you sexy momma!

Pam - You want to come over and plant some bulbs for me? I have some but my darn squirrels keep digging them up and munching on them! Stupid Squirrels!

Julie - That darn scale! Just wait - I know you will get even with it! Hope Eve enjoyed her visit with Santa!

Lane - Congrats on being traineeless! Good luck on the training material!

JJ - Way to go on the Turkey Trot! I am proud of you! Your shop sounds busy busy but that is a good thing I am sure. I hope you enjoy your days off as much as you can!

As for me, I actually got up, walked the dog Thanksgiving, and headed to my brother's. It was interesting to say the least. They actually asked what I was doing for the holidays instead of informing me after the decision was made. It is a small step but it is in the right direction. I stuck to my plan of one plate with one spoonful of everything (not serving spoonful) and no dessert. Then headed to my MIL's for supper which I only had seconds on the deviled eggs. Still that night, even though I stuck with a plan, I had muscle spasms. Friday went back over to the MIL's to put up her Christmas tree and just relaxed for the day. Saturday cleaned my house and crocheted. Sunday took the dog to the groomers and wrapped up my "Giving Tree" gifts. Once again I had spasms so bad I was in tears. Today I am calling the doctor to see if we can get to the botom of this because I am not sure I can take to much more of this. I think that I will probably just go home and sleep after work.

Hoping You have a Magnificent Monday!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday! Well, as I thougth my weekend was crazy busy but it was full of family and I loved every minute of it. I have to say I absolutely loved my turkey trot. I finished in 35 minutes which is slower than my last 5k but this one had a pretty big hill toward the beginning. I felt so good after it that it helped keep me in line with my eating later in the day. I am looking for something like it on Christmas. Ha, ha. Okay, I am ready to get myslef back on track here. Just gotta get organized a little more. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon/Evening Skinny People!
    I'm feeling pretty good today. I headed to the gym after work and felt pretty exhausted and deflated. I had had to sit through a meeting that really didn't need to happen and I had to ask for feedback on the report cards that I just redesigned. Nothing like having people point out all the things they don't like (basically change) without thinking that someone invested a lot of time and care into the task. I didn't want to go to the gym but knowing that I wasn't going to make it tomorrow because of parent/teacher day, I sucked it up and went. Circuit training...and the next thing I knew I was done 45 minutes of it which I thought was giong to be a struggle. I only stopped because my knee felt twingy.
    I then went into the supermarket to stock up on 'keep me going' supplies for the 10 hours of parent teacher interviews (can you tell I'm looking forward to it!?! :mad: ). Headed towards the till and realised nothing I was holding was good for me. So I dropped it all, took the things I needed like milk and paid. Happy with that.
    Finally I was checking out people's reflections in the bus and was looking at legs and thought to myself ' that woman has nicely shaped legs'. Followed them to see who it was to realise it was me!! :blushing: Looking forward to dinner....I'm starving! Havea good one! :flowerforyou:
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Will need to catch up after my long weekend. Up a couple lbs but I know where that came from! Ready to get things moving again.

Happy Monday!
  • lombrica
    Options
    I don't know if I have ever been so completely and utterly exhausted. Help me out Steph... with some English phrase here... because I hear it in my head (though it could be my Aussie Sis-in-Law that I hear)... but I need someone to use some phrases and other accent (and yeah, I get your Canadian) or Jane?!? ANY-way... I am just spent - in every sense of the word! I am physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally... just drained. Absolutely drained. THIS is about all I have to give to you all... that I am around and miss our previously wordy posts and threads... But I am here and loving you all... Got - to - go - to - bed...
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Love that so many of us Trotted out the Turkey day in style. And STaci, ****ing hell. YOu freaking speed daemon. You sneaky thin *****. lmao. You've been quietly just motoring along over there haven't you ;) Ya little tart. I am very very very proud of your time. That is one MAJOR accomplishment. ;)

By contrast ;)
    Place Name City Bib No Age Gend Age Group Time Pace
    399 CYNTHIA KRAFT PHOENIX AZ 375 41 F 80 40-49 1:09:52.6 13:58/K

so right that 80 and 40-49 is me coming in 80th of 81 females age 40-49. NOT LAST DAMMIT. Also overall I cam in 708th out of 716. Still. NOT LAST. SUCK IT JESUS! Sorry had to quote Kathy Griffin.. ;) Don't burn me at the stake on Mt DeChantal.

LOTS Of hills. When I say LOTS. I mean. The entire first 1.2 miles all uphill about 150ft, then all downhill for next 1.8 miles, and then how ****ing nice of them, last mile all uphill again. REally? **** my life. 28mins, 19 mins, 27 mins. So I'm happy. Ankle still isn't.

So this means the triathlon is probably off. *sighs*

On other news. Turkey and all accoutrements came out perfect. Kosher, is best for birdies, once again. Gobble, gobble. I'm up 3 lbs but not until friday after the race when I went to the first movie (popcorn) and then saturday (popcorn movie) holy ****. popcorn... I have to tell you all that turkey, 2 days of popcorn. i thought I was having a kid sunday night when my intestines started gurgling and then the extreme PAIN in my gut. I was like. Oh. now? RIGHT NOW. as I ran to the loo... I have not had a dump... To be quite honest, that large since I started dieting 8 months ago. Holy bejeasus. I am not kidding. Sorry if that's TMI, but I could hear the "we are the world..." song and felt guilty that *THAT* much food had been consumed. And to think I used to eat that way ALL the time. Good lord.

So on the news of the choking front, I have sorta good news. The gastro told me today I have a very long word for a very big pain in the throat ;) Eosinophilic esophagitis. Which means, I'm allergic to something, and it's causing me to choke to death on stuff. Possibly. So I have to use an inhaler?!? Flovent ($218 for a month ARE YOU ****TING ME?) and SWALLOW it. Which btw, it expressely says not to do in the instructions. Then rinse my mouth so I don't get Candida thrush. (I already know I"m getting that, I'll just steal my cats fluconazole pills). I know. sad aren't I? And supposedly that will fix it in 6-8 weeks. I know. STFU right? I've only had this since July. I mean, wtf. OH and I have to see an allergist to find out what's causing it. :P

So, yay? I guess.

Other than that. Busy, busy busy little beaver. Sorry I haven't been around.

Eileen I hope you find out what's causing your spasms. No bueno baby. *HUGGGGS*

Love you all :)
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    I don't know if I have ever been so completely and utterly exhausted. Help me out Steph... with some English phrase here... because I hear it in my head (though it could be my Aussie Sis-in-Law that I hear)... but I need someone to use some phrases and other accent (and yeah, I get your Canadian) or Jane?!? ANY-way... I am just spent - in every sense of the word! I am physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally... just drained. Absolutely drained. THIS is about all I have to give to you all... that I am around and miss our previously wordy posts and threads... But I am here and loving you all... Got - to - go - to - bed...

Sounds like you are shattered!
  • MrsRazor7
    Options
    Eileen – thank you! And I am constantly telling myself to just be strong for today. I just have to get through today. I have also found that now that I have started to pray again, I ask for the strength to make it through today. Sounds like you had a great Weekend, except for those dang spasms! I hope that the doctor is able to figure something out because you deserve a break :smile:

Staci – I’m glad you had a great weekend! And it does sound like you are doing great…looking for another 5K already. Keep up the great work! :bigsmile:

Steph – good luck today with all those conferences! We usually have 2 or 3 hours to do the conferences and barely any parents come. Hopefully your day goes good. And GREAT job dropping the junk! And I love the legs story, I can’t wait to do that! Have a great day :smile:

Becky – sorry you are so exhausted! Maybe a personal spa day? Now that I say that, I might need one too. We should plan one! Hopefully your life gets back to being your life soon. Love ya!

Cynthia – Ha! I thought about that (poop) the other day. When I eat bad, my stomach wants to jump out of me and beat the **** of me too! Great job on the Turkey Trot! And you are right, you weren’t last and I am sure you did 3 times better than you would have last year! I don’t even know what to say about the doctors info. Good luck with that. To me it sounds easier to just try and figure out what you are allergic too, but I may not be understanding everything. Hope it gets better soon!

Well yesterday I decided to go to subway and have a salad. That was my first meal out to eat since October 30th! And I still ate good, so I was pretty pleased with myself. So I have transitioned to the next phase, were I can eat more, no drops, but still have to stay away from carbs and sugars. So for breakfast I decided to have 2 eggs and some cheese. HOLY ****! That was the best damn thing I have eaten in ages! It was so yummy :bigsmile: I am still going to try and keep my calories pretty low, but now carbs or sugar for another 3 weeks.

Is there a new challenge coming up for December? I have been slacking and I know that I would like to start doing some more exercise this month since I am eating more. Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday! Talk to you tomorrow :smile:
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just a short note, I am going for a CT scan this afternoon since the doctor does not know what is going on. He did give me a prescription for Vicodin in order for me to rest which I promptly took after eating supper and finish my first quantity of Barium. I fell asleep by 7 pm and woke up to get another dose at midnight. In about a half hour will have to drink the next quantity of that *fine* stuff and go to the hospital for the scan. Hopefully we will get the results by Friday which is my doctor's appointment. He reprimanded me saying that I should have went to the ER and then noted that I had lost more weight and was looking very good.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday! Well, as I thougth my weekend was crazy busy but it was full of family and I loved every minute of it. I have to say I absolutely loved my turkey trot. I finished in 35 minutes which is slower than my last 5k but this one had a pretty big hill toward the beginning. I felt so good after it that it helped keep me in line with my eating later in the day. I am looking for something like it on Christmas. Ha, ha. Okay, I am ready to get myslef back on track here. Just gotta get organized a little more. Hope everyone has a great day.

35 minutes! Rock on!

I finished in 54:25. I am finding that I am actually faster walking than running overall and am thinking of switching to concentrating on that. When I run, and then walk to recover the overall time is slower than if I just walk the whole way. I think if I walk the whole time and concentrate on increasing speed that way, that maybe I will grow into running faster overall. Does that make sense to anyone besides me? LOL!

Cyn I am so thrilled with your time too! That is so awesome for a gimpy person! Isn't it amazing what we can do?

Took an actual day off, although I am back to the shop to teach a class tonight and it has totally rejuvenated me! I am managing to maintain my weight within a pound or two and am really surprised at how much and what I can choose to eat on maintenance calories as long as I keep up with the exercise. I can totally do this!
  • MrsRazor7
    Options
    Eileen – Man, I hope that the scan and everything goes good! I know you will keep us posted on what they find out. Hopefully it is not anything big.

JJ – great job maintaining! That sometimes can be harder than losing, so that is great that you have been able to do that with being so busy. Keep up the great work!

Wow, only 2 posts?!? Oh well, I will add another one :bigsmile: After my eggs yesterday morning were so yummy, I was super glad that I started adding more foods in. I went shopping last night for a couple of things and I was so excited to be able to add more veggies and fruits! I don't even think I will miss the carbs or sugars for the next 3 weeks. I am really starting to look forward to Christmas. My parents are going to be here in a little over 2 weeks, and I love having them in town. They will spend a week with us here in town, then we are all heading down to Disney! I am really getting excited for it! Especially because now that I have lost a lot of weight I can do all of the rides I want! I won't have to make an excuse of why I can't go, I can go! I am going to LOVE to have my picture taken!!!! I am super duper excited. Which is nice because it is about time that I am excited about something!

Well I am going to go make some more yummy eggs, so I will talk to you all again in the morning! I hope you all have a wonderful hump day!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day everyone,
    Eileen: Hope all goes well for you.
    Lexie: I'm so happy and excited to hear you are happy and excited. Going to Disney has got to be the best feeling, its almost like Christmas. I know I have a while before we are able to go but just thinking of it makes my heart flutter.
    JJ: I was thinking last night what it would feel like not have to worry about getting a good number lost this week, to just maintain. Well let me tell you, I can't wait. Keep up the great work you are doing. Good luck with your busy weeks.
    All is going well here. Almost down to pre-Thanksgiving weight. So things looks promising this week. Doing some more Christmas shopping today. Almost done then the fun begins of wrapping.
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Hello All! *waves and grins like a fool*
    Got my ticker back to the 120lbs mark :bigsmile: Was really surprised at my weigh in this morning as I was not expecting it at all. My trainer also got me to do my fitness test this morning. I thought my lungs and heart were going to burst from my chest. The fitness test meant doing the following as fast as I could:

800m run
    30 shoulder presses
    20 step ups (high step)
    30 crunches
    20 squats
    20 pushups
    20 bunny hps
    800m run

The second run was what just about killed me. I completed it all in 16m49sec. Not too bad. My trainers goal is to get it down to 15minutes...mad as a hatter that woman is!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Lexie - I'm sure your Disney trip will be magical. We are planning a trip for next Spring. Where are you staying? I am on the fence about which hotel to choose. We're going to meet with a travel agent next week to talk about our options. I'm a Disney virgin. Any suggestions would be welcome!! So happy that you will be smiling in all those pictures with Mickey!!

Eileen - I hope you have good results from your test and feel better soon.

JJ - nice job on the run. I find that I enjoy walking more than running too but I'm pushing myself lately to run so I can get my cardio up faster. Then I power walk to keep it going. Don't work too hard during the holidays.

Going for a refill on my water bottle. Keep it lite gang.
  • MrsRazor7
    Options
    Julie - you are already ready to wrap?!? Wow! You are great! My plan is to set up the tree this weekend that way I can start wrapping some of the gifts I got. I'm not quite sure how I am going to tell the boys yet. They have no idea that we are going down there...so I am excited to see them suprised!

Steph - WOW!!!! That is amazing that you can do all that that quickly! Was that your first time doing that? It would be interesting to see how you would have done when you first started off. Keep up the great work and congrats on the loss!

Renae - I am super excited about Disney! We are actually renting a house. It is going to be my parents, my brother, his wife and 2 kids, and me and my 2 boys and 2 big dogs. It is a nice 5 or 6 bedroom house and it is only like 150 a night! We wanted to stay all together and renting a house was the best way. That way we could also use the kitchen, and they have a pool at the house too. We were all going to be driving down or renting a car, so being able to drive to the parks wasn't a big deal.

Well I am on my 2nd day of maintenance. I am up a little under a pound, but I am pretty sure it was because I didn't drink my water yesterday. I have to remember to stay with the water because that makes such a HUGE difference for me! I am thinking about looking into getting a trainer after Christmas. I just wonder how much it would cost to meet with one twice a week! I would love to do it, but I am not sure if I can afford it. I am making it a goal to start back at the gym. I have taken a couple of months off and now I am ready to get back at again. My emotions have started to get under control some (with the help of some happy pills :wink: ). Last week I was at the doctor for something else and I figured I would ask. They have made such a difference! I am not getting as stressed over things and I am not crying all the time. I never thought before that I would need them, but with everything that I have been going through I need something to help me get through this. Everyday I do feel myself feeling better and letting go a little bit more.

Ok, I have to cook my morning eggs...yummy! Have a great day and make sure to drink up!!!
  • lombrica
    Options
    December Challenge is opened up ... anyone interested, please let me know!

I keep hearing that the new GROUPS feature on here is helpful... I don't know if that's true or not - but I wanted to give it a try. So, here is the link!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1175-skinny-chics-roosters

I think that I've sent most everyone an invitation - but may have missed a few... so if I missed you - let me know! Thanks!
  • lombrica
    Options
    Holy Moley Cannoli!! Where is everyone? I feel like I have screwed things up... because yeah, I take responsibility even when I shouldn't. I created a group, thinking that it might make it easier. And, if you notice there is a "Groups" tab on the Community tab above, but now I feel like no one has been around or posted. Please please please please tell me it's just that everyone is busy and not that I have utterly and completely disrupted the routine?

Oh, and Steph... the word absolutely was shattered! I am going to use that more often, I like it!

Lexie... glad you kept posting - but where are you now?