**CLOSED** Skinny Chics & A Rooster **CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday to everyone! I apologize yet again for being MIA for the past while. Trying to play a little catch up with you all, I feel so guilty for not checking in lately....but it def hasn't been on purpose!

Julie- I took a break too. It wasn't planned, just ended up that way. I felt bad, but honestly enjoyed the break from counting every bite and measuring everything. Glad the wedding went well over the weekend, even though poor little Eve had her little issue. Those shakes sound very yummy! I need to get a blender or smoothie machine so I can make my own shakes. I like the ones from the gym, but $4 is steep for me lol

Becky- I have to fight those sugar cravings too...so I feel your pain. Way to hang in there!

Staci- Hate to hear that about your elbow, but glad it is getting better!!

Stephanie- The ceremony plans sound like they will be great! Hate to hear the about your spin instructor, but that you have a spin partner and you guys can still do that. I know you love spin. I've yet to brave it lol

Eileen- There is no doubt that you WILL fit in the skirt very soon!

ReNae- Glad your business trip went well!

Cynthia- You always crack me up! Thanks for the reminder about taking measurements. I really need to do that. Yay for the clothes fitting, you're doing great!! Congrats on doing the Turkey Trot! I had hoped to get the guts to do the Gobbler 5K on Thanksgiving, but didn't sign up. I'm so scared of doing bad and I have GOT to get past that! Plus with my foot issue about every 3 weeks, I haven't been able to be consistant in "training". There's a 5K in the spring that I plan on doing, have planned on it since I started my journey in May. So, I'm excited for ya!!

I am back at it after my little break. Get to finally go back to the gym tonight after almost a week off due to more foot issues, so I am looking forward to that! My HRM is dead, so that bums me out. My HRM and my food scales are like my security blankets and I don't like not having that "control". I have always been good about getting my water in, but for some reason I have had some problems getting in the minimum of 8 cups of water. No longer though. I am officially giving myself a kick in the *kitten* (with my "good" foot ofcourse lol) This plateu is fully my fault because I haven't been doing my best. I AM going to get past this. If I have no loss on weigh-in the Friday...then so be it...there's always next Friday. Even with Thanksgiving coming up, I am not freaking out. I AM going to do this.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Dang is it cold outside!!!!:sad:

Still haven't been to the gym yet. Its been over a week since I've been there and I am feeling embarrassed about going back. Afraid of what the people will think of me, for missing a week and now coming back.....Just got to get over it and go. Then I have the feeling of why?? After a week gone and to go back for a day...why even bother??? You know what I mean. Grrr......again, get over it and just go. And the last thought is since I have doing good eating and getting my protein, I have been losing, so again why go to the gym.....Its like a war in my head.
    So that is whats been going on with me. How about all of you??:wink:
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Julie if you had been missing from the gym for a month or something I can see benng embarrassed, but a week??? No excuses. Get up, grab your gear and get out the door. I was away all of last week and have been sat, sun, tues and am on my way to a trainer session now. So up you get, GO!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    So now I know what you are all referring to as compression shirts. Under armour? I’ve shelled out for plenty for my girls sports. So what do these help with? I’ll have to pick some up. TJMaxx always them for an ok price.

Cyndi – steamers are something like $2.49 right now. Come visit! They don’t get any fresher than here in Maine. Check out this site http://www.gendronsseafood.com/ it’s where I stop on my way home for lobster (fully cooked dinners). It’s a gas station up the road! I know – funny, but it’s either there or at the hardware store in my little town. Also thanks for the oatmeal tips. I’m cooking raw quaker oats – not sure if the instant would be as nutritious but I’ll look into it. And it may be a shocker to you but we have a Whole Foods and a Trader Joe’s right in Portland Maine! My house is 70 miles from there, but we make it down there fairly often since that’s where the culture is. In fact we’ll be there on Saturday for the State Championship FB game. Our HS team made it to states in a kick-a-ss game last weekend. Double OT in the snow! Awesome!! Take care of that UTI – Ugh – try the cranberry tablets. Heard they work ok if taken early on. LOVE that you are doing a 5K – you rock!! I made a spinach lasagna for dinner last night. Yummy.

Steph – You will make a great instructor – super idea and probably will save you lots of $ for that wedding! You’ll whip everyone else into shape! I see Julie posted some protein shake ideas (which I will copy and paste into my recipe folder). I haven’t tried the powders yet but I’ve been buying Special K premixed protein shakes and mixing ½ a bottle of strawberry with ½ a cont. of stawberry yogurt. Add a few ice cubes and pop it on my bullet. It’s a great and easy breakfast.

Julie – You look fantastic with that cute haircut – such a thin face. Thanks for the shake recipes. Intesting that greek has less sugar – thanks for that tip. Life can be hectic. I hope you continue to find time for yourself. I have not seen Sara on the boards in a bit.??

Staci – I hope another week will help your elbow heal for the race. I’m sure you’ll be fine as long as you don’t go crazy. I especially likes your protein shake idea with the vodka. Yummy!

Becky – Keep on keeping on girl! Glad you are still here with us.

My hips/legs are barking at me today in a big way. I guess I found some muscles that haven’t been used in a quarter of a century. Loving my workouts though. Just came back from doing the upper body and it’s hard to even hold my hands over the keyboard to type. Arms are shaking like jello.

Ps – I tried planking for the first time today – made it a full minute. OMG – I was shaking.
  • CanToGirl
    Options
    Made it to the gym tonight and of course, nothing to be embarrassed about. I did 40 mins on the elliptical and felt great!!! Did the treadmill at 5% incline and 3.5 speed. Again, felt great. Happy to be back. But now I won't get back there until Saturday morning...that's life.
    That is all I have. Have a great night!!
  • CanToGirl
    Options
    I completely forgot my NSV. I had bought a Columbia winter jacket in a misses large in 2001. I think I only wore it for a total of a few dozen times, so pretty much it looks brand new. Being so cold here now, I tried it on, to see how it would fit and it did!!! Looks dang good on me. :smile:
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hello Everyone! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:happy: I am glad to see that it's becoming a bit more active in here again... I miss my girls! I haven't seen our rooster lately and we are missing a few chics -- but I am just so happy to see everyone again! :happy:

My life got a bit crazy :ohwell: there for awhile! ... but I am hesistantly excited to say that everything seems to be falling back into order and THAT makes me a very, VERY happy chic! And... a very happy skinny chic to boot! I was called a disappearing woman yesterday and a couple of people who hadn't seen me in a while stopped to tell me how great I looked. :blushing: I love that -- and I love that I am able to take it and own it. I don't relish in it... but I can and do accept it always with a smile and thank you. The other day I had enough compliments that one of the people who works for me (after begging those same people who gave me one for her own) said that she doesn't like to be around me these days because no one notices her or says anything to her about how great she looks because they are always telling me. :laugh: In all honesty... she is used to always having all the attention and she sure tried for it, which I give her a hard time about, but it is kinda enjoyable! :devil:

My "best friend" has been living here a week, home a week, here a week, etc. for the last few months and I am so happy that there are only 2 more times of her being here. :blushing: She literally has bought toilet paper once and took out the garbage once... that's it! :huh: I am amazed to discover things that I never knew... not just about her but also about me, my expectations, etc. Biggest realization is that I set high expectations and hold myself to those -- much more so than anyone else that I know. Which means - when they are expectations for me... no wonder I have beat myself up, didn't credit myself, etc. so much. I know where it comes from and I have known that I do it -- but it's a new level of understanding of how much self-talk there is that I don't agree with or like. :ohwell:

My brother came back and stayed with me while going through treatment. No financial contributions there either. :grumble: BUT I would do a whole lot if it meant that I got to have my brother back instead of the alcoholic! This is a brother that is 10 years older than me and that I honestly worshipped the ground he walked on! :glasses: I thought he was the greatest thing in the world... so it's a long fall. Not fair, but that's reality. He made it through successfully and I really enjoyed having some of the aspects of my brother back! BUT I am happy to report that he has returned at least to his hometown (I hope he's at his house and not my mother's but don't know).

I had lots of traveling in October and now we are getting ready for the big survey. Work is crazy... seems that will be a normal now. I am doing a lot, more than a typical person in my role would, but I appreciate the leadership opportunities and I know that it shows that they value me. :smile: I actually got a card in the mail yesterday :flowerforyou: from the... oh, what is she... Chief Clinical & Nursing Officer, or something like that - telling me that I was a "star." She's one of the top of the top of the organization that is over 2,500 employees - so... it's a great compliment. I thanked her today and she poured out the positives (again, with one of the people I supervise present, as mentioned above). Value and recognition of what I do and how I do it is so wonderful... social workers are often given a very short end of the stick. :flowerforyou:

SOOOO... gosh, welcome back to me - long post again!... :bigsmile: I went to the mall today for things for residents but decided to get my hair cut, again. It's been 6 weeks. She was gonna trim it and I said - no, let's go more, so she showed me an inch and I said - no, we can go more... so she said ummm, OK, how about here?!? And I said - let me tell you about Zumba the other night - my hair was drenched! I need less of it because it doesn't go in a pony! So... I have a new haircut. Don't worry -- it's not as short as you might think based on those comments but... I did it because tomorrow is a very important day and I am sure that I will have a photo or two taken. And with that... I leave you all lingering! :laugh:

:wink: :wink: :wink: Return of the long posts and lots of emoticons... equals the return of Becky! That... my friends, is called fair warning! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options

:wink: :wink: :wink: Return of the long posts and lots of emoticons... equals the return of Becky! That... my friends, is called fair warning! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

love it!
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Eileen – cramps so bad you have to take a shower in the middle of the night?!? Wow! I hope that they have left you! That is a great NSV! I love going every once in a while to try on clothes…keep up the great work :smile: And that chili sounds yummy!

Renae – that is a great & positive way to look at things. And you have a great plan to get past it! I think that a short haircut would look really cute on you :wink: Renae, your going to Disney!?! I am taking my boys and meeting a bunch of my family down to Disney world from the 26th to the 3rd! If you are there, I would love to meet you :smile:

Cynthia – thank you for mentioning the measurements! I have been stalled for a couple of days, and I think looking at my measurements will make me smile…so I am doing it now! I will be right back (pause). Ok, I’m back! And Yay!!!! I feel great and I guess those numbers are shrinking. That is great that you signed up for a turkey trot! And I love how you said your husband will be thrilled :smile:

Staci – that is amazing that you are going to do a warrior dash! And that you are doing it with your son, that is just double amazing!

Julie – you have been busy! Life is crazy, sometimes I don’t want to be an adult any more. And I haven’t heard from her in a while, but I hadn’t been on here so I didn’t know she was MIA. Hope she is doing ok. No one is going to wonder why you haven’t been at the gym…and if they do, tell them to mind their own damn business! :wink: Get to the gym, you know you will feel better :smile: And I see you went to the gym, great job! And I love when fitting into old things in smaller size…great job!

Steph – I think that is a great idea! That would be absolutely amazing if you became an instructor! I’m sorry your’s is leaving, but I am super excited for you considering getting certified.

Lane – welcome back! And don’t feel bad, we all know that life gets in the way. We are just glad you are here now. I am sure you will get through this plateau soon, you have the right attitude and that always helps!

Becky!!! Yayy!!! I’m glad your back :bigsmile: and you have been a busy little badger! I am glad that you are getting back on track and I love that you are accepting all of those compliments. Keep up the great work!!!

Well, my life has been a rollercoaster lately! I have good days, then crappy days. But, I am proud to say that even on the crappy days I am able to "snap" out of it and make the day better, be positive, and not give into my temptations! I did learn something new about myself this past week that has made a huge impact on my life. I realized a couple of weeks ago that I didn't eat or stuff my face when I was sad (which is what I thought I did), but I binged when I was angry. And when I was talking to my counselor last week we talked about my anger. It was puzzling to me because 4 years ago, I never had a temper. And over the past 4 years, I had developed a bad one. Well, come to find out, my anger has been attached to the feeling of being powerless. When she said that, it was like a huge lightbulb came on in my head. It was my powerless that was making me angry and I didn't know it. When I think back to all the times I get angry, it always has to do with me feeling powerless and not being able to control a situation. So now, recently when I start to feel my anger rise, I am taking a step back and realizing that it is something I can control because I am trying not to control everything. Don't get me wrong, I am still going to get angry and have slip-ups, but this was a huge revelation for me! And especially with the food. Several times this week I had the urge to go through a drive through, or eat some of the boys left over dinner. But I have taken a step back and told myself that I can't control everything, but I can control not eating that crap!

Ok, I know its long, but once I start typing...my fingers won't stop! I hope you all have a great day, Thirsty Thursday! I have plans to drink 5 bottles of water while at work today. I think my lack of water has made me be stagnant for the past couple of days (and I should be while on the HCG drops). I am going to continue the drops through the end of the month. That way I can save some money because I don't have to buy so much groceries but also that will give me 2 weeks to start eating more regular before my parents come and 3 weeks before we head down to Orlando for a week...which I am getting super excited for!!!!

Thank you all for always being here for me. Love ya! :heart: :flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Julie - Hmmm...maybe I will try some. Awesome workout at the gym! Elliptical is still the bane of my existence! Nice NSV!

Lane - Thank you! The question is will it be comfortable in time for the Christmas party I am going to December 9th. Sorry to hear about your HRM and you are right - You WILL do it.

ReNae - Good job on the planking! that is probably a minute longer than I could!

Becky - Can't wait to see your haircut! Sounds like you deserve the card and should be proud of all you do!

Lexie - I hope they have left too. I am still taking PMs at night but am hoping to try to sleep without them by the weekend. Stupid scars! What a revelation! Sounds like you are on track to helping yourself. Good job!

As for me, not much going on here. Working on my crobbies hoping to send them in tomorrow since I have about 3/4 of a skein left. I am proud of myself because I have almost double my through put from last time. I have been going to the gym quite regularly this week but I have just been on the treadmill mainly because I am starting to think that the upper body cramps that I am getting is due to my scars and having less muscle now. I know I need to incorporate more exercises but I want to wait until I have time with a personal trainer to help me figure out an exercise plan to work through my issues. I am tired and hoping that the day will go smoothly.

Have a Fantastic Thursday!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi. Had to skip the gym today since I am barely able to walk without wincing. Hoping that another day will heal the aching muscles. It didn't help that I went to a zumba class last night. My 14 yr old and I went and we had a blast. This one wasn't too fast so I could keep up. I'm going back every Wed night. I love that it's right in my neighborhood!

Did better on protein today but it's not easy. I really want spinach lasagna tonight. Should have a turkey cutlet and salad. What will I do? Stay tuned . . . .
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Hello All!
    Well eating went down the proverbial toilet:sad: . I didn't spread my eating well and was ravenous when I got home so even after having dinner, I kept munching. No I didn't log and no I'm not going to. I've confessed here and that is good enough for me. The damn leftover lasagna kept calling my name. Biggest problem was i had a different breakfast, quite heavy and then had a super light lunch and snacks. Stomach was growling no matter how much water I put into it.

I have been asked by my PT to do 5 days at the gym. She's worried I am over working my body since I kill it everytime I am in there. She says its not necessary 6 days a week. I don't know how I feel about it. :grumble:

ReNae: glad you loved your zumba class. Spinach lasagna sounds yummy but as you can see from my post lasagna is a weakness of mine.

Eileen: crossing my fingers you have a cramp free day (((HUGS)))

Lexie: what a brilliant revelation. Reading it sent off warning bells in my head as I must admit I am more likely to eat when angry then hungry. Your holiday sounds great!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Good afternoon my lovely losers! Just dropping on to say hi and let you know I am still around. I have been doing pretty good at keeping my protein up above %30 for the most part of the month so far. Usually it is right about 35% and I have a hard time getting it higher than that. I am working on it though.

Becks- welcome back. I can't wait to see the new haircut.

Steph- I love how you are okay not logging your bad day eating as long as you came and confessed it here. I suppose that means I should fess up about mine. Tonight I am going to take my daughter to the new Breaking Dawn (Twilight) movie and I am planning on adding butter and salt to my popcorn. I probably could go without but why? I thinkthe last movie I went to was in June so I figure it isn't going to destroy all of my hard work if I eat movie theater popcorn 3 or 4 times a year. Besides I love it!!!

ReNae- sorry you are still so sore. Hopefully your legs will be feeling great soon.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile:

Remember how I said that "tomorrow is an important day"... well it was & the proof is in the ticker! YAY!

:bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile:
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options

Remember how I said that "tomorrow is an important day"... well it was & the proof is in the ticker! YAY!

I've already said it, but I am so proud of you for making it to the triple digit club!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

ReNae - So...turkey or lasagna? What a way to spend time with your 14 yo!

Steph - Today is a new day. As for the gym, how about a compromise? Maybe a day of light yoga and stretching not anything strenuous or competitive?

Staci - Way to go on your protein! Have fun at the movies!

Becky - Awesome Job! I knew you would do it.

As for me, other than rewriting this post three times (stupid computer!) not much going on. Going to try and finish up my crobbies this morning to turn in, having lunch with my mom, and then having someone come to give an estimate on doing the drywall that my hubbie hasn't got to in the past 3+ years. This weekend we are going shopping as a family and get presents for the two people we choose off of the "Giving Tree" at work and buy some food for the holiday food drive. Maybe play some Monopoly as a family that evening if I can drag them off their computers.

Have a Fabulous Friday, my wonderful losers!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Becky - CONGRATS!!! SUCH HAPPY NEWS. You're amazing!!!

Eileen - I ate both. Like Stephanie that lasagna was calling my name all day. I was famished and didn't eat enough protein during the day. Going to go log it now to see how much damage I need to claim.

Lexie - we are hoping to make it to Disney in March at some point. I need to start looking into it. Plan on giving the girls tix for Christmas I think.

Staci - I hope the movie was worth the wait. Did you go at Midnight? That's when it opened in Maine. I don't blame you on the popcorn. Sometimes you just have to do it. I heard it's good for elbow pain - tee hee.

Steph - I agree with Eileen. If you really feel the need to go 6 days just mix it up with a rejuvinate day at the gym. Take a swim and sit in the sauna after a little yoga. I would love to do that once a week. I would probably really help restore energy.

Started the day ok. My legs are feeling rested enough to go work out at noon today. I took by youngest out for breakfast this morning. Had a egg white veggie omelet and dry wheat toast. yummy and filling. Planning to keep things as light as possible for the next week so I can enjoy pie on Thanksgiving! Pecan is my favorite of course. The most caloric of all pies in the universe.

Keep it rolling skinny chics (where is that rooster?)
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Eileen – that is a good idea to wait for a trainer…but how long do you have to wait? Hopefully not too long. Thank you, I am trying to get things on track, but it is hard (you will read more at the bottom). Your weekend sounds great! Games and shopping with the family…love it!

So Renae, what did you choose? I am sure either was yummy! That sounds like a great gift for your girls, suprising them with tickets! I am not telling my boys, we are just going to start driving on Christmas afternoon, drive half way there, then get there on the 26th. I am super excited.

STeph, that is crazy (and amazing) that you trainer told you to cut back your gym time…how often have any of use heard that?!? Keep up the great work :smile: Also isn’t it crazy that we assume that we eat when we are sad, but when I realized that I ate when I was angry, it was also a revelation for me. I haven’t turned to food this month and I am hoping that I can continue that trend, now that I know why I am actually turning to food.

Becky – LOVING THAT TICKER!!!! CONGRATS! And can I just say how amazing it is that this group has a three-digit club with more than 1 or 2 members.

Well, I have had a pretty emotional 2 days. Yesterday was really bad and I had a mini break down. But I think that it was needed because I told my husband everything that I needed and I felt better in the morning. I did talk to him more today, and he told me that he does not want to be in a relationship. So, no matter how hard it hurts, I am going to start moving on. I will still be here for him, but I can't make him want to be with me or be in a relationship with me. Part of me says to stick around and tough it out, because I don't want to leave him (like everyone else in his life has done). But I am coming to the point that I feel like he is pushing me away and I have to start taking care of myself. I thought I had been giving him space and working on me, but I think that thought that we were going to work things out or get back together was always in the back of my mind and making things harder on me. I know that I will have rough days in the future, but at this moment, I am ok. That is all I can ask for. I will have to say that I am very thankful that I have all of you as support. I know that you will never judge and you will always be here for me. so thank you!

I will talk with you all again tomorrow!
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Good Morning All!
    Well yesterday was a great day. I purposely set up a doctors appointment after school so as to avoid the lure of the pub. I went to the doctors and then went straight for a run. I managed 3km without stopping. I really wanted to stop especially as I was at 2.8 as I passed by my house and kept running in order to make sure I hit the 3k :bigsmile: Scale is showing movement in the right direction this morning which always seems to happen when I run....this should be incentive to keep going. Its just a smidge bit hard on my knees so I'm not running to the gym this morning so as to not cause damage. I did find it a lot harder to breath in the colder air (not really cold by north american standards at all, in fact balmy, but cold by standards here). Any of you other outdoor runners have a problem with this and how did you overcome it.
    Its Saturday and that means Zumba!!!!:heart:
    Have a great one people!!

Lexie - I'm glad you were able to say the things you needed to say even if the response wasn't quite what you wanted. Its better that you have been able to have the conversation and not kept it bottled up. You are a strong amazing woman and I know you will get through this ((HUGS))

ReNae: breakfast sounds yum...but pecan pie even more so *DROOL* god how I miss that....my waistline doesn't but I do *DROOL*

The rooster has said that he is still around but that he is super busy with work and likely will be until the end of the year.
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    *whistles in to the empty space, looks around, walks away whistling*