**CLOSED** Skinny Chics & A Rooster **CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    where is everyone - 3 posts since friday night???
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Eileen – I would think you are crazy too! But then again, I understand not having anything to do and being so bored. I am sure you will make the right decision.

Julie – sounds like you have a great weekend planned! Christmas lights already? I guess it is getting to be that time. And I really do like your haircut :smile:

Steph – welcome back! Sorry that your little darlings were misbehaving…damn kids! I am sure that weight will find its way off of you very quickly. It sounds like you have a great plan and I am sure it will work. Also, rant away, that is what we are here for. I’m sorry that you are going through this difficult situation. I am sure that you will figure it out, but my thoughts are that you are doing a great job putting yourself first, and maybe you need to do the same thing here. Just want to send you some (((HUGS)))

JJ – I am sorry that you are struggling. Keep coming back to us, we are here for you. You have come so far, and I know that you will make it through this.

Steph - I was thinking the same thing...there must be a hole in the fence! Them damn chicks are on the loose! I was thinking that maybe is everyone is posting on the challenge site? I am not doing the challenge this month because I have really been struggling the past couple of months, and didn't even come close to the commitment I should have. Is that were everyone is?

I have been doing pretty good. The HGC diet is working pretty good for me. I am hoping to lose another 16 pounds or so before I go onto the Maintenance Phase. When I complete the cycle of all the phases, I guess I will figure out of it actually worked. Emotionally I am doing better, but it is still very hard. The hardest part is that it feels that I have lost my best friend....ok, I am not going to talk about it, because it is going to be a great day, and no tears this early!

I hope you all have a great Sunday!
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Just checking in real quick. I promise to catch up on posts tomorrow afternoon! Life has been hectic and I won't even make any excuses for myself. Life happened. It will continue to happen once I reach my goal and go into maintenance mode....I have got to keep reminding myself of that and stop being so dang hard on myself. Not even going to get close to the scales until weigh-in on Friday. Hope everyone has had and is still having a wonderful weekend! Much love to my peeps!! :flowerforyou:
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    Wow, really quiet around here. Hope everyone is doing well.
    Well my little vacay from my lifestyle change ends today. Back at the gym and eating right starts tomorrow. I miss it too. For the last week, I have been feeling sluggish, tired and just run down. I truly believe it has to do with what and how I was eating and the lack of exercising. So looking forward to get back to my routine.
    Wedding went well with Eve last night, expect for her MAJOR melt down. She was "dancing" and running around on the dance floor when some little boy bumped into her and she fell. Nothing could calm her down, so we left early.
    That is all I have for now. Hope to read some good post soon. :smile:
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Steph... UGH! So sorry! I get it though... I feel about that same way with my family. They expect, expect, expect and I am left giving everything I have away without any refill! And - let's face it... it sucks! It does! And, because of who we are... we will probably do it again. My thoughts - welp, I don't know that they matter BUT if you look at my profile page it says something about that this year is for me, putting myself first. My goal was to be selfish this year... and most people don't get it. They don't understand just how hard that is! YOU deserve the wedding of your dreams -- but look at what parts of it are important and concentrate on those aspects. Once you have focused on that, take a look to see what you can afford regarding Cuba. And... maybe think of Cuba as a honeymoon for you and your hubby! If the trip can be about more than JUST his wedding -- maybe it will be more enjoyable and not feel so much like it's about everyone else?!? I hope that makes sense... but no matter what - know that I love ya! And, vent anytime! ANY... TIME!

Julie... LOVE your hair and photo! You continue to inspire me and its kinda nice (in my selfish way) to see that even you have a week or two when you just say - hey, it's OK, I'll let it be and then push the restart button! I'd love to see photos from the wedding... and little Eve dancin'! Glad you are headed back to the gym!

Staci... Again, I just want to thank you for posting about being cold... OMG! I am so cold, all the time! But now... now, I just think about your post and feel normal, at least. I also have to tell you that I try to keep you in mind every time I want to stop pedaling as I think about your amazing accomplishment on the bike! Just so you know... the legend lives on, and on, and on. LOL.

Lex... It was so great to chat with you! I appreciate all your support as I try to get back on the train before it knocks me over. I am so happy for you with your accomplishments and getting up every morning. I know that you miss your best friend... he has to miss you. You are wonderful, caring, determined, amazing, strong, beautiful, loving... Keep your chin up while still allowing yourself to have some tears. The "missing him" is what gives us the ability to experience the "being with him" in every emotion there is. Your on the teeter-totter and sitting there waiting for someone else to jump on the other side -- just know that you have to have the down, to get the up. There will be a balancing out in the end. Love ya!

Bobbie AND JJ... OMG - A-freaking-men! I feel like I have been stalled, stalled, stalled. I know that, for me, it's the emotional, mental block that comes along for me with those "monumental" numbers. (yeah, yeah, yeah... I know, it's JUST a number) And when the scale just bounces around partial pounds down or up... well, I just think "why do I bother?" Then I remember... or then I eat something with sugar and get sick and remember... I feel better, I look better, I have more clothing options, I love exercising, etc. It takes me a while to get there, but I am the eternal turn things around and into a positive person. Some days though... I do sulk a little and think that everything stinks! Here's hoping things move soon for both of you... in the right direction!

Eileen... you should get an award or something... I am so glad that you have been so consistently in here and supporting everyone! I love that and appreciate it. Just wanted to acknowledge you for that!

So, what's going on in my world?!? Welp, the dang sugar has me craving more! I don't know what to say... I have been lax on eating the things that I know to eat and that I feel best when I eat them! I ate too much, too odd of times... sometimes just once a day (my biggest issue prior to starting this new jouney!) So today... no, wait... so yesterday - I rededicated myself. I started over with my 3-day start and detox of sorts. Not a true detox as most people would picture. But pretty much just protein and veggies. OFF OF THE SUGAR! Wish people were more helpful than they are. Friend staying here says... oh, what the heck - have some Cinnamon M&Ms, just a handful! NO... no, no, no, no, no, NO! I am not really supposed to do much exercising right now because my intake is limited to reset my internal engine... but I am heading to Zumba tomorrow night!

I did get a new book on accupressure. For all kinds of things there are different routines and patterns. Will have to let all of you know how that's going. Also made some good progress on my afghan for my little niece. So, I am meeting some of my goals related to self-care and relaxation this month! My stress levels are probably what is contributing to my weight clinging to my body! ha, ha, ha. So, I'm gonna start doing a little better on the relaxation. Purposefully.

Night everyone... I know that we are all really busy - but I do hope that we not only make some time for each other and our little family of chics & a rooster BUT that we are also making time for ourselves! Love and Miss you all!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Hey all, I was mia this weekend and was not tracking and was not exercising and my elbow hurt so I was being pissy. Went to the see the doc this morning and I have an extreme case of tendonitis in my elbow. Umm, like the doc said don't use it or I will cast it. Stupid jerk. The bad thing about working with these doctors is that they know I am stubborn and non-compliant. And they talk to eachother so they will be watching me. I am really peeved about it as I wasn't even doing anything fun when I hurt it. So, I have to come up with plan B for losing 10 pounds by Christmas. I am not good company today, so later when I have more time I will go back and read everyone's posts from the weekend.
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Hello All!
    Well the weekended with more wedding drama. My brother has now moved his date to May/June (still inconvenient) and is saying he wants to help everyone with the costs....he has never saved a penny in his life so somehow I don't see this happening. I have just about secured my dream location for the ceremony (the old stone farmhouse my dad grew up in) and my parents suggested holding the reception as its a more casual affair anyways in their backyard. When kitted out with the canopies, fairy lights and flowers it should look nice and it will definately help save on costs. I'm still pissed that I have to sacrafice because my brother is being spontaneous. And believe me I know all your advice about putting me first is true but I can't not attend my brothers wedding. Its not an option, its something we would never get past if I did.
    Today has been alright. Was given a minibox of Lindor chocolates which sat on my desk taunting me till I finally ate them. Thought I would exercise them off but the reality is, exhaustion has won. That and the pain in my hamstrings. They are just so tight and I can't seem to loosen them - I even tried muscle relaxants last night as a last ditch effort -I slept well but it did nothing for my legs.

Staci - sorry to hear about the tendonitis. There are always ways around injuries (or so my trainer tells me). You will find something that works for you and lets you continue to lose, I'm sure of it!

Becky - hope you enjoy Zumba. I wish there was a midweek class at the gym I could do! Well done on staying away from the cinnamon m&m's (I'm lucky cinnamon gives me a headache so no threat there!)
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Julie - Hope that your new start from the little vacay is going well!

Steph - Nice to have you back! It is hard not to have a family that supports! But you do have one here and you can rant all you want but in the end you have to make the decision that you can live with. Talk to your hubbie and decide what to do and stick to your guns once the decision is made. Just remember that this "family" is here for you.

JJ - It's that time of year that with icky weather and temptations abounding. Maybe its time for a little maintaince mode until the doldrums pass. Just a thought. You have accomplished so much!

Lexie - Yeah, yeah. I know I am crazy but it comes with the territory. Look at you with all that weight running away from you! The other things, yeah, they are hard but you will get through it. And we are here when ever you need us.

Lane - Wonderful that you recognise that! Most people think of only the loss and not the changes needed to make it stick!

Becky - No award needed. I am just "paying it all back" for all the support I have gotten here. Good Luck with your detox and Zumba! Now accupressure I know nothing about but have, ummm, fun?

Staci - Ouch! Just remember that they want their favorite nurse to heal the right way. Takke it easy and shock them all by smiling through the grumpiness!

As for me, today has been a ****ty day as well. I had stomach cramps, back cramps, arm cramps. you name it and it probably cramped all last night. At 3 am I finally took a hot shower hoping to relax after taking some aleve (at 1 am) and Tums. Then got to work and dropped my breakfast on the floor. Got an email asking to refigure my end of year cost estimates. And on. And on. Thank God that there is only eight hours in a work day! I have no clue what to make for supper tonight. I just might stop and pick up something for the family and eat one of my lunches for supper. Oh, I did have a NSV on Friday night. I went shopping with my MIL and was looking for a long black skirt to go with my new boots. I only found one and it only went up to a 18. I thought what the ****, I will try it on and see if I could lose enough to wear it in a couple weeks. Now I am not saying that it was comfortable around the waist but I got it fastened and I could breathe normal which I didn't even think I could do. SO I got it and some motivation to lose another couple of pounds by the first week of December.

Hoping Monday smooths out for all of us!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Missed everyone these past few days. Business trip went well even though our first flight out was canceled due to fog in Philly. Had to disembark and drive to Logan Airport to catch a direct flight to MN. Meetings went well, dinner at a 5 star restaurant, slept 7 hours and caught the red eye home Friday morning. Drove back up from Logan and needed a nap before bringing the kids to the championship football game - which we won in dbl over time! Needless to say I did very little on Saturday or Sunday and it felt great!

Julie - I really like your short hair. I have a plan to get a very short cut as soon as I drop another 30lbs. It would be so much easier to sweat it out at the gym and jump in the shower if I didn't have the hairstyle I have now.

Lexie - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so proud of you. To lose 100lbs is amazing. YA YA YA!!!

Becky - Sounds like life hasn't slowed much for you these days. I hope you find some 'ME' time soon! I just left an Osteopath office where I had my left shoulder worked on. Beleive it or not I had 3 ribs that were elivated and rotated along with my T3 being misaligned. He barely touched me and I feel so much better now. I carry all my tension in my shoulders too. It's exhausting!! Take it easy girlie!

Staci - Bummer about the elbow. I know how miserable an achy body part can make you. Hopefully it will heal quickly for you so you can get back to your routine. Getting old stinks doesn't it? I didn't have any issues until I turned 40.

Eileen - I hope you're feeling better. Sounds like your DH takes good care of you like mine does? Isn't it nice? I married a great guy. Helps me to focus on the important things in life.

Steph - I'm gritting my teeth for you. I have a brother too so I get exactly what you're saying. I hope everything works out for you. If he's changing the date that quickly and it's a spontaneous thing then just give it a few weeks - who know's maybe it won't even happen? Either way you'll just have to roll with it. Things will work out in the end. Right now we have 3 nieces getting married next year - 1 of them I know will happen - the other 2 --- "I'll beleive it when I see it"

Back at it tomorrow for me. I've maintained another week (which is getting old), but I am now going to the gym and working on toning so I'm not going to focus on the numbers so much. Just going to try to increase protein, reduce carbs and drink more water than ever. I really need to get off the snack kick I've been on lately.

~keep it skinny
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    So I'm tired all the time. Hmm could be the monster *kitten* workouts I'm doing 3x a week. Ya think? *sighs*
    Still no weight loss though. We're not even going there...

I've read all your posts. So here's what I'm gonna say..

Measure yourselves ladies. That's right pull out that damn tape and measure up. Why? Because just because you're not losing weight doesn't mean things aren't happening. I told Julie to do it, (I hope you did ;) ) And I've been doing it. Why?

Because I just bought a size 20 Speedo swimsuit off the rack at Sports Authority. and some size 2x compression pants from Under armor. Okay, and yeah when I tried those on in August? I couldn't get them up over my thighs... (the pants). And now they fit. Just ****ing fine thank you very much. My weight? Still mother****inggoddamn same. So you know that means it's more muscle instead of fat. And I'm compressing like a fricking body builder. I should be happy. I know. I'd be happier if I'd just lose 10 mother ****ing pounds. *sighs*

So my convoluted point to you all is. Just because you're not losing weight, doesn't mean you're not changing. And unless you measure yourselves. You'll never know.

ReNae.. What no prop plane to Logan at the *kitten* crack of dawn through heavy turbulence? That was my favorite flight EVAH. Out of Bangor to Logan. EVAH. I don't envy the drive. *shudders* You definitely deserved the weekend off ;)

So as a wrap up. Love the hair. Congrats on 100lbs. Tell your brother to **** off. And Feed your family Wendy's and take a pain pill. ;) You know who you are ;) LOL

Okay Love you all. Going to pass out now. Unnngh. Dr. Appt with sports doc in am. No word from Gastro doc yet. :P Yack.

*zip*
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You crack us up - and you know who you are. LMAO. Thanks for the morning chuckle.

Meeting with the trainer at the gym today to set up my leg strenthening circuit. Did the arms last week so starting tomorrow I'll be on my own - alternating each day. Hoping to tone things up and lose a few lbs before the new year. I've accepted the stand still on the scale, but I refuse to stop working hard. I am losing inches for sure.

After the osteopath adjusted my shoulder I felt like I'd been drugged. I fell alseep before 8pm and it took everything I had to get up at 9pm to tuck my girls in. No reading, no late night TV, I literally felt like I was doped up and crashed for a full 8hrs of sleep. That hasn't happened since I climbed Katahdin back in the 80's. Wow! I feel great today!!

I will not snack today. Healthy choices all day for this skinny chic. Just enjoyed my oatmeal and nuts. Does anyone know which type of oatmeal microwaves the easiest without requiring a mixing bowl to cook 1/4cup because it blows up to 10x's it's volume? What does Starbucks use I wonder? They just add hot water I think??

Cyndi - way to go on the speedo! I'll need to order a bathing suit this winter if we go to Disney. Should also be looking for one just to use at the gym pool anyway.

~keep it skinny chics & roosters
  • erh20000plus
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

ReNae - Wow! You are making me tired! Enjoy the gym!

Cynthia - That is wonderful about the swimsuit and pants. And just to let you know I have been wearing my lymphadema sleeve at the gym and I think that I am going to have to get a new one soon because it is starting to becoming loose as well. Hope you had a refreshing nap!

As for me, hubbie got Chinese last night. Which was fine because I kept under my calories. Got some croobies done and then took two tylenol PMs and went to bed. Woke up once at 2:30 am when my hubbie left to do the paper route. A little groggy still, but at least I slept. Hoping to go to the gym after work and then it is chili making time. Brown the meat and put the fixin's in the crockpot to put on in the morning for Wednesday supper. Probably will make something out of the freezer for supper then.

Have a Tillating Tuesday!
  • StaciO
    Options
    Hey all I am feeling better about the dang elbow today. I have come up with a couple different things to do to keep somewhat active and still not using it. I want it to heal well because I am doing a warrior dash in July and I want to be able to pull myself over the dam wall without any assistance from my son who says he stick with me but I don't really expect him too. (Lets just say, if there is anyway I can possibly do it faster than him and leave him in the dust, I will.)

Cyn- congrats on the off the rack speedo. I finally got me some cold weather under armour shirts. I have to say I love them so much that I am going to stop by Cabela's on the way to our cabin on black friday and pick up some compression leggins as well. Then I will have no excuse not to run this winter.

Eileen- yummm, I love Chinese but have stayed away from it lately.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    See Staci, I told you the Under Armors are a sickness. Once you wear them you're addicted. I counted the shirts. I have like 15 now, and 4 pants/shorts. It's a full load of laundry :D Which is good because you have to wash them in cold with no softner ;)

ReNae
    -- So about the oatmeal. Erik just uses Quaker instant and puts it in the microwave with his water and I've never heard him complain about it expanding exponentially. ;) However, I know you don't have any "fresh & easy" grocery stores near you, they're a division of Tesco in the UK ;) But they have a premix oatmeal that seems to be just dandy. I say this because it's all the "low' things you need, low cal, low sugar, low... you know what I mean. I am thinking... god it's been so long I had to look it up. The IGA and Shop & Save might have a package mix that is similar. I don't know though. I don't even know what part of the Tundra you live near ;) Bangor I assume since you were flying to Logan ;) or maybe Augusta ;) Anyhoo good luck!

Mmmm chinese...

Oh and I think I have a UTI brewing.. Just what I needed... God damn public pools ;) lmao... I peed on the @home test strip and the results were divided. So I'm going to buy new strips since these were past their expiration dates and I can't trust them. ;) Also making Lasagne today since it's 'use up the bolognese' sauce I made last week day ;). I used some of it for the Clams fra diavolo i made last night. Which, was the ****ing bomb. God I miss cheap seafood.. ReNae this will make you cry... my littleneck's were 5.99/lb last night *sighs* But so tasty :)

Okay off to the doc, then dropping off some items at the Hospital shop for donation. Yay! ;) Made $17 at the garage sale weekend ;)

And the big news is, I registered for a 5k Turkey Trot... Wait till I tell hubby he's up at 5am to help cheer me on ;)
  • CanToGirl
    Options
    Ahhh life....what a pain. Well didn't get to the gym today or yesterday. Yesterday I had Eve's 18 month pics in the morning, then shopping for next week, home, laundry, took a little nap then major headache. Went to bed at 8:30pm and got up at 7:30am. Where Eve slept until 8 this morning, by the time we got out of the house it was 9:30. So we went shopping for more food (that I forgot yesterday) and bought our Christmas tree, fake mind you.
    I made a protein shake that taste very much like a strawberry shake from DQ. Very yummie and thick.
    Staci: Hope you feel better soon. When I worked in the factory, I got Golfer elbow. Lots a PT.
    Steph: Your wedding place sounds to sweet. Hope everything works out for you and DH.
    Cynthia: Thanks. That is great about the shirts and swimsuit. Just great!!! I did measure myself and is very curious to see what the numbers will be. So what does the compression shirts and pants do?? Besides keeping you warmer.

Question: Has anyone heard from Sara?? Its been a long time since I heard from her. Just wondering.
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Renae - I eat quaker oats - just add hot water and a splash of milk. Doesn't expand that much and super yum! Used to eat at home all the time too. Maple sugar flavoured was always my favourite.

Julie: what brand was the shake - I've been toying with the idea of investing in some...?

Cynthia: well done on entering a 5k...I'll be cheering you on from here.

Dealt a blow tonight after spin - our instructor is leaving after next week :sad: I have thought this might be the push I need to enquire as to how to become an instructor. My spin buddy and I have said we will meet up and do spin regardless.
    My trainer wants to do a full body session tomorrow to see where I am - this makes me nervous!!
    Been doing pretty well with food since I've got back and bar three pounds have shifted the week off weight (as of this morning so who knows what happens tomorrow!):bigsmile:
  • CanToGirl
    Options
    Steph: I make it with
    One scoop of vanilla protein powder
    3/4 cup of milk ( I use almond or soy milk)
    1/2 cup frozen strawberry slices
    1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
    1/2 teas coconut extract
    Ice

Blend it together and enjoy.

Another one I really like is
    Once scoop of chocolate protein powder
    3/4 milk
    1/2 frozen raspberry
    1/4 plain greek yogurt
    1/2 teas almond extract
    Ice
    Blend and enjoy
  • StaciO
    Options
    Julie those both sound yummy. Lately I have been doing 2 scoops vanilla protein powder with 1 c orange juice in the blender with ice. Tastes like a orange creamsicle. Saturday night my sisters were over and we added a shot of pineapple vodka to it as well. That's when my downward spiral started. LOL It was good though.

Cyn- I will be thinking of you on your turkey trot as I am running one too. Well, depending on the ol elbow I may have to walk it. Really? I can't believe I just said that. I will be running it. Maybe jogging it is a better word. Not too much arm pumping, I promise.
  • erh20000plus
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Staci - I hope that your son is watching his back! Good luck on the warrior dash!
    - And a Turkey Trot? You go girl!

Cynthia - Way to go signing up for the 5K! I have never had clams before...maybe that should be one of my 5 foods I try this month. I believe that you have more compression garments then I do.

Julie - Sounds like you got a lot accomplished just maybe not what you had in mind. Sounds like almost every day for me.
    - The shakes sound great except for the greek yogurt. I don't like it. Can you really taste it in the shake?

Steph - I believe that you would make a wonderful instructor. You are a great motivator!

As for me, chili did not get done. I ended up cleaning instead. I do go to the gym last night and am hoping to go tonight as well. I need to inquire to someone about where they are at for the initial personal trainer sessions. I have not been contacted at all. Other than that not much drama in my life. Same old same old.

Have a Wowtastic Wednesday!
  • CanToGirl
    Options
    No, I don't taste the yogurt. I use it to thicken my shakes. And for the added protein. I would use regular yogurt but greek has less sugar.