**CLOSED** Skinny Chics & A Rooster **CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Big Snow Storm up here today! My 20 minute commute took me an hour. Very icy roads! It doesn't bother me to drive in the snow but I always stick to the back roads where there are fewer crazies!! I'm going out at noon so I can get to the gym. Thinking about trying their tanning bed today. Part of my "ME TIME". Haircut and dinner with DH last night was very nice. I had a sirloin, carrots and fries, but stayed within my calories as I didn't finish any of them. The sirloin was tiny too. It was nice to have a quiet evening.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving with the family. Hoping to get that tree up soon also.

Happy Holidays and REMEMBER THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!!
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Eileen – thank you for sharing about your divorce. I do have one question, how did you get through it? Since I started going to church this past month, I have also started praying for the first time in a long time. Recently I have been praying every day just to make it through the end of the day. It has been so hard, and I don’t see an end anywhere in my future. And we would love to see a picture of that newly colored hair!

Staci – have a great time at your sisters! I DREAM of having a nice kitchen. It also sounds like you have a great plan for the candy. But I am with you, the fudge would be very tempting to me too! Hope you have a wonderful weekend :smile:

Renae – can you buy a couple of things at a time? I am sure that you will look great in everything! So buy yourself some clothes. You will be amazed how great you feel in the morning when you put on clothes that actually fit correctly and make you look sexy! Enjoy your thanksgiving, it sounds like a lot of fun, and I love your attitude :bigsmile:

JJ – wow! Your shops sounds super busy and why is that things all break at the same time and that repairmen come so late!?! I think that you are doing great right now, being able to maintain during this hectic time is proof that you can do this for the long haul! Enjoy the Turkey trot, is anyone going with you? And you have a great attitude for thanksgiving. You are right, it is only one day, and I am sure that you will not go over board. Have a great day!!

Julie – I can’t believe you are almost in onederland!!!! That is so amazing!! It sounds like you are ready for thanksgiving, and you are right, that onderland is a great motivation. Thank you for your kind words. It is definetly hard, and my emotions change almost everyday atleast once or twice. Right now, I am doing good. I have on one of my new sweaters, and a pair of size 16 jeans! They may be a little snug, but I can button them, breathe, and I feel sexy in them. I hope that you have a great weekend, and do some shopping for me! I love Black Friday, and I can’t go this year again :frown: But, it is probably better because I need to save all the money I can for Disney world!

Well, today is a good day. The past couple of days have been rough, but I made it through them. Thats all that I can ask and pray for. Make it through each day. I have decided to continue this HCG diet until the end of the month. Mainly because I don’t have to buy much groceries, and it is still working. I am sure I will be on here more this weekend, running my mouth :laugh:, I’m going to try and have a good weekend, but it is harder on me when I don’t have much to do. Hope you have a great day, and I will talk to you all again soon!
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I know I am the suck. I have been so busy with everything. But I couldn't let my chicks & rooster down ;) (even tho some of you aren't even celebrating tomorrow!) I had to stop in and wish everyone a Happy (American) Thanksgiving ;)

Hope everyone has a fantastic day tomorrow and enjoys the day off (if you have one, sorry Lane!) and spends time with their families and in general has a good day.

I will be running the 5k in the morning then coming home and cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Which for me is my royal production of the year. I am a freaking OCD psycopath about the day. I get worse every year there is no denying it.

This year I made pumpkin pie from scratch to add to the list. ;)
    Also cranberry compote from scratch.
    I've also made the turkey stock (as usual), and the bread crumbs for the stuffing.
    Today I'll get Thomas brined (i'll post my recipe for the brine to my blog) and then pre chop a bunch of celery, onion and carrot for tomorrow's 'mees'. Then rock like a psych patient till the am. ;)

Running probably will be the best thing for me. Burn off all that fricking juice I seem to snort every year. It's like a bull at the gates, I tell you. Anyway done with that, come home birdy in oven. Prep dressing, into oven, poach potatoes in milk, puree for pommes anna (yeah ain't nothin local about tomorrow), roasting acorn squash in the oven for a veg, baking crescent rolls, making gravy. That's about the time I've lost my mind usually and it all comes together anyway ;) Usually perfectly. Somehow.

I am thankful for you all this year for your friendship and your love and your support. Thank you for making my life easier, and for helping me change my ways of evil ;) I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week. :)
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Not much to say. Feeling a bit in a rut lately so hopefully the challenge of this week will help that. The upside is that despite being snacky, I lost 1.8lbs this week. The only problem is that despite knowing its not going for me, in my head I say well i ate it before and lost....and lets face it, thats a great way to put weight on! I'm looking forward to do nothing on this upcoming weekend while you are enjoying turkey. Have a good one, send me some pumpkin pie!!!
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Lexie - It is all about one day at a time. Each day gets minutely better than the last. My way of coping was bad. I cleaned and worked and slaved over the children who were 2 and almost 3 at the time. I lost almost 60 lbs in 4 weeks because I couldn't eat. My mom about skinned me when I finally moved back home. Granted I was coping with the realization that he couldn't keep his pants zipped and had another child on the way by his "girlfriend". You are doing so much better. Looking back, I realize that it was the kids that helped me through it the most. Because I focused on them and making sure that they did not think it was their fault in any way. It gets better - I promise.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Cyn- you sound just like me. My pies are done with a pre pie made last week because I found a recipe that uses cream cheese instead of shortning for the crust and I substituted low fat cream cheese. Holy cow is it good! I could just bake the crust and eat it. The potaoes are actually done and are in baking dishes (3 of them) to go into the oven and heat tomorrow. The good thing for me is that the weather has been cold enough here that we are going to put the turkey in the brine tonight in a small cooler and the rest of the food in a bigger cooler and load the car tonight. Then in the morning I just have to throw on my running cothes because my turkey trot is on the way to my sister's house. After the run we will just continue on our way there. My dad is actually going to help me cook the feast tomorrow. Which probably translates into him sitting at the kitchen counter visiting until its all done then offering to carve the bird. LOL Have fun with your run tomorrow. Think speed.

To everyone that is running tomorrow or this weekend, may your legs be swift and your feet be light.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    To Staci, Cyn, and anyone else running a Turkey Trot in the morning, I will be thinking of you as I head out to do mine! Kinda fun to think of us all doing it "together"! Good luck and remember to have FUN!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Just about to head out to do our Turkey Trot. Stopped by to say Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am very blessed and thankful for everyone of you. I honestly believe, if it weren't for all of you, I wouldn't be where I am today. Thanks and God Bless.
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday aka Turkey Day!

Just wanting to wish everyone a Happy Turkey Day! Even those who are not celebrating across whichever pond. I would like to take a moment and say THANK YOU! I am blessed to have such supportive friends in my life. It isn't easy going through what we are doing but you make it fun and not so much a chore. I am thankful everyday for my family, health, and friends but today is a day to celebrate our accomplishments whichever way we choose because tomorrow is a new day with all new possibilities. And I for one can't wait for it! Love You All!

Eileen
  • MrsRazor7
    Options
    Eileen - thank you. That seems to be what is helping me too, just trying to focus on my boys. Taking it one day at a time has helped, but sometimes I forget and start to drive myself crazy.

Everyone doing the Turkey trots...great job!!! Next year I will find one, because that sounds like a great way to start the day. I decided to buy a turkey breast (like Becky), mainly because it was smaller and didn't cost as much money. I have it in the crock pot, and it should be ready in another hour or two. For the boys I am making them rolls, mashed potatoes (from scratch...which I don't do very often), and corn on the cob. I am going to have turkey and some fresh aspargus, which sounds just fine for me. I did make a batch of cookies and brownies for the boys, but I have been able to stay out of them so far. I am going to a friend's house this evening, which will be nice to get out of the house.

Today I am thankful for my friends and family. Especially my friends on here. I was feeling down and lonely and like I had no where to turn. so I came on here, and saw all of you, and it made me smile. Thank you for being here and sharing this journey and your lives with me. I know that I could not have done this without all of you.

I actually broke into the 2teens today, and I am super excited about that! I am finishing up the HCG drops for the rest of the month, it is working, and it can save me some $$$.

I hope you have a great day! Love you all!!!!!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Hello all... Oh what a day! I am just finalizing my plan of attack for the shopping and all I keep thinking is -- I can't wait to go to the gym! I eagerly await getting my house and schedule back... and I have started to look at GOALS for my next couple months. I am hoping to set some big goals for Hawaii in March. That will help get through these holidays. I did OK overall today - but not as well as I planned. The turkey breast didn't get done on time and so I ended up with some green bean casserole in the meantime. I don't even typically like it but it tasted good today. Not too bad overall though! Midnight shopping and 4 AM shopping and hope to finish it all up then. Will do some working out at the gym and also go in to try and get a full day in at work. I have SO much to do and with vacation starting Wednesday afternoon the more I can get done, the better!

Happy Turkey Day... great job to all of those burning the extra off!
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Allo Allo!
    Not much going on here. Went to do some spin tonight by myself. Was rather amused to find that I had taken hubby's pajama bottoms instead of my track bottoms. Spent the whole time hoping the little flappy at the front stayed closed!!

Next week has me nervous as change from my normal routine always makes me nervous. Tuesday is parent teacher day from 8am to 6pm....its long, its tiring and well munching always ends up being a great way to get through the day (I know I know, healthy stuff but believe me after trying to convincve little suzie's parents that the sun does not shine out of her *kitten* all I want is crappy food and that's just suzie 1....after suzie #8 well....you get the picture)! Wednesday is a day of industrial action. So I will be out at the rally protesting changes to the pension scheme (after seeing trainer in the morning). In theory it should be okay as I can't imagine they will be serving, well anything, but I know my co-workers will be all PUB PUB PUB afterwards!

I hope you all had a great Turkey day...its made me look forward to Christmas feasts :happy: As well I'm so proud of all of you who have done Turkey Trots, that sounds fun. There are Santa runs here but I don't fancy running 5km dressed like a red fat man!! :laugh:

Lexie that is great I can't seem to (re) break out of the 250's! Envious!!
  • MrsRazor7
    Options
    Becky - Ha! I was up early shopping too! I wasn't going to, but when I got to my friends house, she said lets go shopping! So her husband watched the kids and we left the house at 7:30 pm and didn't get home until 5:30! I can't believe we made it that long. It was so nice to spend that much time with a friend. And I was pretty impressed because I did not spend that much money AND i didn't eat any junk. At 2am when I started to get hungry, I got some apple slices to eat as a snack. I hope that you had as much fun shopping as we did :happy:

Steph - I am sure you will do fine this week with the changes in your schedule. Just remember you can do this! And I am sure you will be out of the 50's very soon!!!

So, as I said, I had a pretty busy night! When I got home I fell asleep for a couple of hours, then my 4 year old son came into my room cockadooing trying to get me up. I got up for a while, but for the first hour or so, I was so tired that I felt like I had a BAD hangover. But it was worth it :laugh: , I had a blast...which was really needed!

I hope you all had a great day and continue to have a wonderful weekend
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    No Black Friday shopping for me. I roasted our turkey today....smelled so good as it was roasting. I worked outside most of the afternoon planting spring bulbs then put up a few Christmas decorations. The hot water heater died Friday and the plumber will be here Saturday to replace it. Never a dull moment for sure. I will hopefully get the rest of the spring bulbs planted before the plumber gets here.

Pam
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!!
    Well the Turkey Trot was really fun. Thinking of doing it again next year. As I predicted Thursday Thanksgiving was blah, so didn't eat much. We left for the shopping expedition at 9:30pm Thurs night. Lots of walking!!! Ohh my thighs hurt (from the jog and walking) We stopped to eat around 4am, only option was a cheeseburger.:grumble: We finally got done and home by 9 am Friday morning. So tired I couldn't see straight. So for the heck of it I stepped on the scale.....up 5 lbs!!:noway: :sad: :noway: Could not believe it. I didn't eat much and with all the walking......damn. Oh well thats life for you. So we have our last family gathering today, its on my side of the family. And we are taking Eve to see Santa.
    Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

P.S. Steph Eve does the sun shining out of her *kitten*. Just sayin':laugh: :laugh:
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope that everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving had a great one!! It is officially THAT time of the year when things go into SUPER BUSY OVERDRIVE. I did well on Thanksgiving, ate pretty much what I wanted... just in more limited quanities. Did 30DS twice and went for a 40 min powerwalk. I was hoping the scale would be the same Friday am that it was Weds and Thurs... but I was up close to 3 lbs. I was actually in the 230's for several days... I'm thiiiiis close now. I will get there, I know its from the bloat of the YUMMY food lol

Congrats to Julie and Cyndi for completing your Turkey Trots!! I didn't have the guts to do the Gobbler 5K....hopefully next year.

To all of you Black Friday shoppers, hope ya'll got some good deals!

I've read all of the posts and gotten caught up on everyone, so if I don't comment it's not because I don't care... I love reading everyone's posts and smiling, laughing, and sometimes crying. I am so thankful for each and every one of you!! Going to try to catch up some more at work... I'm working the weekend but for the past several weeks have been trying to prepare a LARGE chunk of our new employee training, I'm talking over a 40 hour class worth of material. Needless to say, that's exhausting...and stressful. Luckily I no longer have my trainee, so I can actually get this done... I hope.

Hope everyone has a marvelous weekend! Keep it Skinny, Chics!!
  • MrsRazor7
    Options
    Julie - don't stress about the weight, I know that it was just for the day and I know it will be gone very soon! Sounds like you had a busy and fun day! I love shopping all night, it was my first time, so it was strange, but we had a blast! Enjoy your last family outing and I hope Eve enjoys Santa so you can get a good picture :smile:

Lane - it sounds like you are going to be busy! I am sure it will be a lot easier without the trainee. I always find that I can do things better by myself, and usually quicker too!

Well today is a new day for me. I am about to take the boys the library, the pool, and then get some groceries. I hope you all have a great saturday! Talk to you again very soon :wink:
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    I finished the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning and I was not the last person to do so! I was so happy about that! LOL! I even took a picture, I was on the last page of the posted results, but at the top of the page. It had rained constantly the entire week, but it was clear that morning which was awesome. It seemed like a really well organized thing, with them using timing chips so we were sent off in waves. Then when we crossed the finish line it had your name and time. It went by so fast I did not have time to take a picture and wish I had. I had my best time ever and was just so pleased to have done it. For anyone thinking of doing one, it was a very low key event and very family oriented with lots of parents and kids walking the course together. I also liked that there was the 10k too, so no one had to know I was towards the back of the pack, they just thought I was doing pretty good for a 10ker. :wink:

Then dinner was good, nothing great, so it was easy to eat in moderation. I went to the shop for a little while afterwards to get ready for the next day, then home to bed. Up early on Friday and at the shop by 7:30am. It was a crazy day, lots of friends and customers stopping by and shopping as well as some classes, and didn't get home until almost 9pm. Then up today for the same, but I got home at 8:30pm tonight! Its progress! The good news is we sold enough the last two days to pay the rent just from those two days, so that is awesome. One more day of crazy and then the shop is closed Monday and Tuesday, except I have school stuff for my daughter to do on Monday and a class I am taking on Tuesday, but at least it will be different!

It sounds like you are all doing really well, and had great Thanksgivings too. I didn't get a chance to say it before....but I am very thankful for all of you!
  • MrsRazor7
    Options
    JJ - I'm glad you did good and enjoyed the Trot! It does sound like a lot of fun and I am going to sign up for one next year. Sounds like you got a lot of business over the weekend, which is great! I'm glad you had a good thanksgiving, and hopefully you will be able to enjoy your 2 days off.

I swear my emotions are like a rollercoaster! Yesterday morning I was good, then in the afternoon I crashed hard, then in the evening I was fine. I guess it is progress that I am able to feel the emotions, cry, and then move on and start to feel better. Yesterday was the first time during this month that I actually wanted to stop at fast food. But I didn't! I have actually eaten everything on my plan without any budge or little bite for 27 days! That is just amazing to me. I am super proud of that accomplishment, especially because my life has been up in the air. I am staying on the HCG diet until the end of the month, and so far it has helped me lose 27 pounds this month! I think the real challenge will be when I start the next phase of adding more foods, but I also plan on getting back to the gym then so it should still be ok.

Well, I need to get my butt in the shower and get the boys ready for church. Have a great Sunday! Talk to you all later :smile:
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Hello All!
    Its been a quiet but good weekend. Spent a long time in the gym yesterday and then went to get some new clothes as I was desperate for tops. Able to buy a size 18 which makes me happy! Also got a lovely sweater dress which I wore out to dinner last night. It is so nice to put on clothes and feel confident in them and have my husband look at me in a different way. I've always known he loved me but its a different look when your suddenly not trying to hide your body and instead are showing off your legs. Made for a great evening :wink:

Today was a bit of a struggle. My gym buddy put our meeting time off until 3 and this made it hard for me as I just wanted to munch! :grumble: Managed to do a lot of school work before meeting up though and now that I've been I feel great. I think we are going to have a standing date to do spin on a sunday. We just take over the studio and go for it.

Lexie I can believe how much you have lost this month, its incredible! You emotiions are bound to be up and down but as time passes they will stabalise.:flowerforyou:

JJ - wtg on finishing that trot! It sounds like you have been keeping super busy. Hope you are able to relax a little bit with the shop being closed for 2 days:flowerforyou:

Lane - you will get there! I am hoping to (re) enter the 240's this week! Lots of water will help shift that Thanksgiving number. And well done on getting the exercise in on that day :happy:

Julie: I'm sure for Eve it does :laugh: