WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023
I need to go back and read the posts. I hope everyone is well. I did some cleaning this morning and am hoping to go out and walk in a few minutes. I had some shortness of breath doing the cleaning. I think it might be my weight. I thought by posting I would focus better and get out the door! Okay...here I go! Good day to everyone!
Rosemarie from Georgia10
Here with Miles ,didn't sleep well but went to sleep early.
Have a couple of Drs appointments coming up..
Katla- your lucky you can watch critter shows,if you had my Alfie over there he would have you kicked right out of there from barking. I can't watch any of those kind of shows without him flipping out.
Its going to take me a bit to get back into the groove.4
Betsy in NW WA0
I work on the 4th floor of my current building. I've been up and down and everywhere over the past 16 months!!
However, now, on the 4th floor, I am walking up in the morning and at lunch. At least 8 flights (of 20 steps) a day. I want to build up again.
Machka in Oz7
Good morning, afternoon and evening, all...
Ginny - So sorry about the workers! Burns are just the worst... and sorry about the supervisor as well. Not a good day... Falling from the cramps is scary as all get out, hope you didn't have any injuries from the fall. Definitely need to make sure your doctor knows about those leg cramps.
Machka - Egg brings in lizards too, as well as the tails separately on occasion. She also brings baby snakes - thank goodness she avoids the grown ones - baby rabbits, and mice, and birds. She only brings in live ones, unfortunately, so I've learned to keep a small plastic bin somewhere close in the spring, with a hard piece of cardboard to slide under so I can trap them and get them outside. Corey had to trap a bird for me when he came home Monday night, as it was flapping around in the mud room, but so near the ceiling I couldn't capture it. When she brings one in, she sings the Egg song, a high-pitched yowl, so I grab the plastic and try to find her and her latest victim...
Tracey - I've learned to shove to the side the part of my brain that wants to jump on a chair and freak out, because I've had to! It is still there, at the back of my mind, gibbering in fear, but I would rather catch the mouse than know it was in the house somewhere, still alive and probably pregnant.
Kylia - I think Machka's got the right answer, but I'd take it further. Just take yourself to a four-day schedule, inform the other two of the decision. You need time to relax and take some of the pressure off. They've survived without you while you were getting medical stuff done, they'll survive with you working four days a week.
Heather - That sounds like a perfect evening!
Barbara - So good to see you posting, and hope you're feeling lots better!
Between chasing mice and one of the days where I daren't go more than 50 feet from the bathroom, yesterday was rough. Three pounds lighter this morning, but not a good way to do it. And totally brain fogged - I had to go back and look at my last post, forgot I posted that meme!
Hate worrying Corey that much, but when my gut goes sideways that far, eating more than a bite or two is just impossible, and feeding me is part of his love language... When we first got married he was all in, making sure he didn't cook anything with more than 15 grams of sugar, and all protein forward. I was only two years out from the gastric bypass when I met him, so quite restricted still. In fact, I had to turn down his first gift (before we started dating) which was a bag of donut holes.
He's gaining weight right now because he tends to eat whatever is left on my plate, like half my hamburger... and I've not been eating as much. He is completely unable to waste food, so he eats all his dinner and mine too. Bless his heart, living with me is a mixed blessing, I'm thinking.
In about 15 minutes, I need to call the VA pharmacy - the gastro nurse sent them my prescription, and got a confirmation, on March 16, so a week ago. Haven't seen the Rinvoq show up on my prescription list online, and only have three more weeks sample of the medication. It can take the VA as long as a month to get things like this in progress, so I'll goose them about it. Also need to see if there's a way to return the Humira injections. I have seven of them, which all told is worth more than $10,000, and really don't want to throw them away.
Onward and upward my chickens!
Lisa in AR
I checked with DDIL about the email voucher. She just hadn't checked her personal account. She has another email for work stuff. Relief!
So sorry so many of you have fairly serious health issues. I'm counting my blessings at the current moment, but I am aware things can go sideways at any moment. Big hugs for all of you. And Ginny, how awful about the explosion. Definitely time to reflect.
Ran up to the art shop this morning to buy some cobalt blue gouache for today's project. I also bought a longer haired brush. Good for leaves. I did manage 540 words before I went out.
After that I ordered a pack of felt squares from Amazon, some embroidery threads and some large eyed needles. Edie was very keen to do some more sewing projects with DH. He has never sewed in his life, but she would rather do it with him than me because they are both in the same boat!
Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx6
PipLooks like it might be allergies for your pup. I am in a dog support group where others have had similar problems The conclusion many found is often gut and diet issues as the root cause.3
margaretturk wrote: »PipLooks like it might be allergies for your pup. I am in a dog support group where others have had similar problems The conclusion many found is often gut and diet issues as the root cause.
Not sure if you have gone the allergy route but we had a Great Pyrenees (has since passed away) that had numerous skin/ear/eye infections as a puppy. We finally put her on a grain free dog food and she was so much better. We also kept switching the dog food (couple weeks of chicken, then duck, salmon, etc.). Still had the odd flareup but nothing to the extent that we were previously dealing with. She was a beautiful dog that we had for 11 years...still miss her.
Did a little experiment today.
Love Heather UK xxxxxx
Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,273 MemberHeather what a happy pretty painting! You really are talented!
Ginny an explosion! how terrible! And those cramps! Very scary.
Lisa sorry you had another bad day. Transitions of medicine are often rough, but you have the worst. Hope things will settle soon.
Barbara thinking of you. Feel better soon!
Annie in Delaware3
grandmallie wrote: »Tina - Echocardiogram isnt bad
Angiogram they twilight you and go up through the groin.
Have both of those done and oh so much more.
It wasn't an echocardiogram. It was something they had to make sure his heart rate was at 60 bpm, so he had to take some pill that did it. Then inject contrast fluid and do some sort of CT scan. He said it was not invasive, but very unpleasant.
Won't know the results until next week or later.
Tina in CA5
Anniesquats100 wrote: »Hello ladies!
I ate 1083 calories today Yay! And I did an hour of yoga, ten minutes on the bike, and thirty minutes of aerobic walking Yay! So I have a deficit of 452, Yay! Things are going so well. My mom offered me part of her hamburger three times and I turned it down. Yay!
Lisa oh no! Mice carry a virus, is it Hantavirus?
Annie in Delaware
Great wins! I'm glad you're enjoying the bike. My has resorted to being the drying stand for my laundry. It works well for that.
Tina in CA4
Anniesquats100 wrote: »Good evening ladies!
Rebecca "minimalist in training" love that! I'm more on the hoarding side, within my space constraints. I'm really bad with piles of books and papers. My mother has hundreds of books in the basement, but I've got my own collection going.
Tina sounds like a beautiful dive trip! I used to dive near San Diego. I had a lovely group trip to Catalina Island long ago.
Annie in Delaware
I would love to have less, but the mister just keeps accumulating stuff. There is a corner of one (mostly unused) room in the house full of his unfinished projects. On our trip, he bought yet something else that is just going to collect dust. It is irritating.
Catalina is nice, but the water is just so cold in Southern California. It stopped being enjoyable for me.
Why did you stop diving?
The mister is extra cranky today. He is having a procedure done to see if he has any heart issues. I can't remember what the procedure is called, but I suspect it's similar to one Kylia is having??? I'll find out more when he gets back. He finished all the other tests at the end of last year, but it took this long to schedule this final one.
Tina in CA
My DH is the same way. He keeps everything, even little things like bread ties, ‘just in case’. The front of the camper is all his collection of ‘junk’.
March, 2023 Action for happiness.org
Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate meditating.Exercise goals added
Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 8/15-(100%,100%)
Walk 7,000 every day 20/31 (84%,86%,)
Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder)
Meditation: daily. 20/31 (82%(started Feb))
1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 9/8–(100%,100%)
2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9484, 9104, 9417 (7,700,100%-9851,100%)
3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%)
4. Contact close family every week (4x) 13/158/ —(100%,100%)
5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)26/64–(100%,100%)
6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2—(100%,100%)
7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 10/20-(100%,88%)
8. Read 12 books at least this year. 10/12 (100%,100%)
9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——3/12—(100%.100%,100%)
10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71(100%,100%,100)
Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23
January Met —100%
February met —-90%
March met met
July met — met
October met —
December met—1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.50. 21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else. I listened to music while walking, but not just sitting still.
2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world. The blue water of Lea Lake, Snow on the mountains at a distance, walking a nature trail. All at Bottomless Lakes State Park.
3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I am healthy and above ground. I can walk,talk,hear, see, taste, and smell (mostly). I appreciate that I alive and have a healthy body.
4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. I will try…
5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. I sent texts to my long distance friends to send them love.
6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. Most days are like that for me. So much less stress!
7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day. Sounds like a plan.
8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food. Started at breakfast.
9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others. I will need to keep this in the front of my mind all day.
10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face. Every day!
11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee. In the process of doing that right now!
12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying. I will have to really try to get this done today.
13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today. I love doing this!
14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do. I made a necessary task to go for a liver scan enjoyable by buying lunch for myself for a change.
15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly. I really need to do this today! Didn’t remember to do this.
16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity. I have stones to paint. Will be distributing along the trails in exchange for free peddle boat and paddle board rentals. Didn’t do this. Too windy out. I colored instead.
17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant. Will do. 1. Lady wanting us to cut a lock off of her propane tank. 2. The rock formations around the park. 3. The lake surface when wind blows over it.
18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down. I will consciously try to do this. I completed this!
19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are. Easy here. I do it every day! Appreciation list in spoiler
20. The blues,of the lake
21. BirdsTweeting in the sky and trees
22. Birds drinking water out of a plastic cover
23. Kids laughing
24. Salty look of the sand
25. The piles of dirt along dug out canal
26. The blue sky with wispy clouds
27. The strong cold wind
28. The boardwalk
29. The hides to watch birds
30. The blue ponds made by the canal
31. The ducks swimming in the ponds
32. The quack of the ducks
33. The snow cap mountains in the distance
34. The white dry spots of salt and Lyme along the trail
35. The dead branches and bushes along the budding ones
36. A spot of green here and there
37. The red of branches preparing for spring
38. The bubbling water in the canal
39. The beginning green of the salt Cedars
40. The baby fish in the puddling waters of canal overflow
41. The mud sludge gathering under the bridge
42. The brown prairie grass bending in the wind
43. The tall swamp grass bowing down
44. The bubbling water as it splashed out from under the bridge
45. The white salty mounds along the dirt trail
46. Holes dug by animals for burrows
47. Tumbleweeds trapped in the brush
48. The coo of a dove welcoming me back from the walk
49. 20.Focus on what makes you and others happy today. Going to try!
51. 22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult. Doing the wash and calling my mother.
52. 23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them. I try all the time since I’ve been meditating. Working well since I started in January.53. 24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
54. 25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
55. 26. Choose to spend less times looking at screens today.
56. 27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
57. 28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
58. 29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
59. 30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
60. 31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.Barbie's Happiness Commandments
Do it now
Choose strategy over willpower
Cultivate an attitude of gratitude
Come from a place of love
Stay in the moment
Act the way you want to feel
Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
Don't expect praise or recognition
It is what it is
Don't take things personally
Treat yourself like a toddler
What's fun for other people may not be fun for you, and vice versa
You can choose what you do, but you can't choose what you like
Be kind, no exceptions
Ask always, how could my life be better with less?
Update from Destiny's mom ;
Update: We wish we had gone with an amputation. My daughter ended up getting the cancer back in the leg she has her lss . And we had to have a emergency surgery to take out the rest of her femur and replace with a metal rod up to her hip.. we are two months out and we have had a complication where she is now bleeding from somewhere in her upper to mid thigh. They won’t let her do anymore chemo and can’t get on any trail right now do to the bleed. And they don’t want to do a surgery because of chemo.. so we are in a hard place right now. We need them to do a surgery to either go in take the tumor out and stop the bleed or them to just amputate her leg..12
Well, I think I found the cause of my neck pains. I am a side sleeper and thought maybe it was my pillows being too soft and flat (really need new ones). I found an old pillow that DH wouldn’t use that is memory foam and raised on the long edges. Tried that last night and slept well with no pain this morning. So…. A pillow specifically for side sleepers is in my future. Research to begin.
I am worried about my 87 year old mom right now. One of her doctors told her she developed a bleeding ulcer in her stomach so she was referred to a Gastroenterologist. They did a CT scan but don’t have results yet. The Gastro doesn’t think that is what it is. I’m thinking it is cancer. Her age and constant anxiety and depression (just like me but untreated) could have caused both. Must wait for result.
Speaking of propane explosions… someone came to my door this week wanting us to cut a lock of her propane tank because she lost the key and needed more propane. I immediately said now and envisioned an explosion or legal charges if we did it. We had no idea if this really was her tank, AND knew it could have caused an explosion. NO WAY was I or my DH going to touch that. I told her to get a ranger to do it. Neve did find out what happened. Just no explosion so that was good.
Someone mentioned protein. I cannot have eggs so I use Bulletproof Collagen Protein Powder every morning so get a good dose of protein first thing. Ends up being between 20 and 40 grams of protein right off. I aim for 90 grams a day, so a great start. The rest is added protein like chicken, beef, pork, salmon, or shrimp. If I need more protein at the end of the day, I have pepperoni and cheese for a snack. Works for me!
Gotta get moving. Laters, ladies!
Will pray for a some type of smooth outcome for poor Destiny 🙏
Tracy working a little over today,Kyle is at the dentist..
Miles playing in his ball pit lol5
Hugs and prayers continue for Destiny!
Joy Pyrenees are the BEST! My Sara was mixed with Golden Retriever and the absolute sweetest. She was 13/14 yo when we had to put her down about 2 years ago. We got her as a stray around 2 yo. I still kiss her as badly as Katla misses Schooner. We have had many dogs, but after the last two just haven't found the passion to get more. They both had to be fed corn free food.
Back to work!
Kylia in wet Ohio3
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 387.1K Introduce Yourself
- 42.7K Getting Started
- 258.4K Health and Weight Loss
- 174.9K Food and Nutrition
- 47.1K Recipes
- 231.8K Fitness and Exercise
- 316 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.4K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.4K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.9K Success Stories
- 152.1K Motivation and Support
- 7.4K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 96.1K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 2.1K MyFitnessPal Information
- 20 News and Announcements
- 566 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 1.5K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions