Summer 2009 WILL Be Different Challenge!

Options

Replies

• réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    hey guys!

so how are you all doing after our second weigh in, are you where you want to be or do you have a little bit more work to do? we are all here together with the one goal, so lets stick with it :wink:

some more challenges, some old, some new, some easy, some not so much!

if you want to change/suggest new challenges just jump straight in, i was thinking for week 3, these could be the challenges . . . .

1. drink 2 litres / 64 oz of water EVERY DAY! drinker
    (some people have this down to a fine art, some are still struggling with it, so lets try real hard to do it for a whole week again :blushing: )

2. set your goal for April 30th (see previous posts) :flowerforyou:
    (set any kind of a goal you like, be it weight loss, fitness, exercise minutes, fitting into those jeans (we all have a pair like that! lol) or something that you think will motivate you, and when you have decided on a goal, work out realistically what you need to do in order to meet that goal, i think sometimes if we have a plan in our heads it can be easier to stick to and see where we are going with it)
    (oh and i think JoJo is going to keep a track of our progress and report back on 30th April, is that right JoJo hun? thanks so much for the great idea :flowerforyou: )

3. get moving
    i want everyone to try to add 10% more exercise into their week this week!
    (can you all look back at how your exercise went last week, and try to add 10% more exercise to it? so if you did 5x 30 mins, that would be 150 minutes exercise done, so then you would add another 15 minutes into your week? does this make sense? if anyone needs help calculating your percentage just ask, im a maths nerd! lol if we can increase our exercise we can be healthier, fitter, and lose more weight! yippee!

WELL DONE OVER THE LAST WEEK, JoJo calculated that we have lost a total of 43.6 POUNDS! :drinker: that is amazing, really well done everyone, keep up the hard work

*** our 3rd official weigh in will be next THURSDAY! *** lets stay motivated! :drinker:

WE WILL DO IT!

SUMMER 2009 WILL BE DIFFERENT!!! :heart:
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Well just wanted to say how proud I am for the last two days. I did 45 + minutes of cardio both days and followed a great diet. I feel lighter already and very motivated. Good luck to all.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thanks jojo for doing the update way to go everyone!

So i also didnt check in ----ill as well

so im down .4

my goal for april 30 is 8lbs which would bring me to 134.6 close to my goal. With being sick its very difficult to keep track and excersise but im going to make sure that even though im on a stict diet i will try and reach my calorie intake so that im not starving myself and end up going backwards when i get better and can eat again. Excersise will take a little while right now cleaning house is my excersise :wink: Good weekend to all.
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So tomorrow I am leaving on a 4 day road trip to visit my grandmother who lives in a nursing home. I will be staying in a hotel so all my meals will be in restaurants....I'm scared :noway:

I have been searching the boards for tips while traveling and have read some good ideas (go to a grocery store nearby and stock up on fruit and veg for in-between snacks, etc)...but am wondering if anyone in this group has any tips???

I should mention that the hotel I'm staying in doesn't have a gym..so i think i'm gong to bring some weights from home....

i'm traveling with my mom who is definitely not watching what she eats so there's going to be a LOT of temptation....but I'll be coming home on Wednesday night...just in time for Thursday weigh-in..which I'm hoping will keep me motivated. I really don't want to post a gain next week!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :flowerforyou:

31345.png
    [/url]
  • tooFAT2
    tooFAT2 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi everyone...I haven't been around in awhile but I would like to congratulate all those who have lost AND those who have stayed the same!!!

I know my check-in is a bit late from thursday but here it is....I still weight the same...NO loss!

I hope you all have a great weekend!
    melissa
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    So tomorrow I am leaving on a 4 day road trip to visit my grandmother who lives in a nursing home. I will be staying in a hotel so all my meals will be in restaurants....I'm scared :noway:

I have been searching the boards for tips while traveling and have read some good ideas (go to a grocery store nearby and stock up on fruit and veg for in-between snacks, etc)...but am wondering if anyone in this group has any tips???

I should mention that the hotel I'm staying in doesn't have a gym..so i think i'm gong to bring some weights from home....

i'm traveling with my mom who is definitely not watching what she eats so there's going to be a LOT of temptation....but I'll be coming home on Wednesday night...just in time for Thursday weigh-in..which I'm hoping will keep me motivated. I really don't want to post a gain next week!

31345.png
    [/url]

Just watch your portions size and quit eating the minute you feel full. And chose your food wisely.
    YOU CAN DO IT "YES YOU CAN"
  • réalta
    Options

31345.png
    [/url]

Just watch your portions size and quit eating the minute you feel full. And chose your food wisely.
    YOU CAN DO IT "YES YOU CAN"

stick with your water, it can really help you to stay full for longer, and flush out all those toxins

when you are eating out, ask for potatoes/veggies without butter and salt, get sauces/gravy on the side, or avoid them altogether, stay away from the bread rolls, you could have a starter and salad instead of a big main course
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips CALIECAT and réalta! :smile:

I'll see you all on Thursday! :happy:

31345.png
    [/url]
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    just got back from an overnight trip out of town, was visiting my mom and little sister, i ate brutally, i also had to drive 2 hours each way which was brutal with the food. i could of done alot worse, but it wasnt my best.happy to be back in town
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't really check in either but I haven't had any progress good or bad. Guess not gaining anything back is better than gaining something back. I plan on getting back on the wagon this week and doing it hard! Go hard or go home right? Good luck everyone!!
  • réalta
    Options
    had a bad weekend, ate about 1500 yesterday, so a little over what i normally allow myself and had no exercise, then today i had about 1800, but just burned off 250 calories there, so i dont really know if i was good or bad, my head is a bit muddled today! :grumble:

how is everyone else doing? :flowerforyou:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I ran/jogged/walked 1 mile today and burned 140 calories. i even got my fiance to go with me!!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Oops yesterday I had 3 small chocolat easter eggs and a beer. But today I spent all day cleaning and now I'm getting ready for a workout dvd. Weekends are brutal. Thank god it's monday tomorow.

Emilie
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Oops yesterday I had 3 small chocolat easter eggs and a beer. But today I spent all day cleaning and now I'm getting ready for a workout dvd. Weekends are brutal. Thank god it's monday tomorow.

Emilie

I hear ya on that one. I went out and drank Friday night. Felt like crap on Sat. It was my first time since I stopped smoking and I'm proud of myself that I didn't crave a cig at all!! Thank goodness tomorrow is Monday :happy:
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Yeah for Mondays!!! :heart:

I went to a reunion dinner on the weekend and caved in and had dessert. I can usually resist but I am be weak when it's my time of the month... :ohwell:

Here's to starting fresh on Mondays!!!! :bigsmile:
  • réalta
    Options
    here's to starting afresh! lol :drinker:

im off today, so going to try to get in about 2 hours exercise, to make up for the weekend! :blushing:

how are you all doing? remember, lots of water :drinker:

:heart:
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ive only been up for an hour and have drank 3 glasses of water, and i usualy wouldnt even have one by now, but im going to work out in a hour so i thought it would be a good idea. good luck today everyone, u can do it!
  • amanda15
    amanda15 Posts: 43
    Options
    Can I still get in on this challenge? It never hurts to have alot of motivation and supporters!!
  • ashaner
    ashaner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I have gone through everyones posts again and did some math....

As of right now we have 47 members....out of these 47 members there are 23 who have reported their progress sometime during the last two weeks...WE HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 43.6 POUNDS TOGETHER

So now, I'm Doing a poll:

Would you guys and girls like for me to keep a record of everyones losts, and post an update at a later date..say maybe around April 30th?

Let me know how you feel about this....Please?

JoJo

I think this sounds fabulous! I forgot to post mine last week but it was 210# - up 3 from when I started on Monday! Next week will definitely be better! My mind is made up - I am GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT and get healthy!! :wink: I love checking in here and seeing what everyone is doing and how they are doing it - you guys are awesome!!
  • réalta
    Options
    Can I still get in on this challenge? It never hurts to have alot of motivation and supporters!!

welcome amanda, the more the merrier, share any tips you have and if you have any questions feel free to ask :flowerforyou: