Summer 2009 WILL Be Different Challenge!

Options

Replies

• cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Start 163
    wk 1 162.6

And ....today I'm sicker than a dog. I think I caught the cold going around :sick:
  • jhollyw00d
    jhollyw00d Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 150
    Today's weight: 147.8

I've been drinking an average of 9 cups of water a day. :drinker:

I also tried pilates last night. My abs are screaming, but I know that my boyfriend will be screaming about how great my abs look in my bikini 3 months from now!

:love:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Start: 136 lbs
    Now: 135.5 lbs

a half pound is a good start I just have to start moving more!!!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hey I'd love to join. I just noticed this group.

SW 186
    CW 185
    GW by may 175
  • whatabelighter
    Options
    Great work everyone, I have read everyones posts...so far everyone lost....it dosen't matter if it a half of a pound or five pounds..you LOST and not GAIN. Even staying the at the same weight is better then gaining... they do say that muscle out weighs fat...for all of you that this was your first week for exercise you probably lost water retention and weight but at the same time gained more muscle....

FOR EXAMPLE:
    I have been going to the gym since last September, three nights a week...Up until January, the most weight I lost was 7 -10 pounds during that time. My routine was 20 minutes of cardio and over a hour of strength training. This was discouraging...however since January I switched up my routine...I have been doing more cardio (ie..kickboxing, the Wii Fit) at least 3 nights a week and strenght training only 2 days during the week and this week alone I have lost 4.4 pounds.:bigsmile:

SW: 178.6 lbs
    CW: 174.2 lbs (8:34pm)

I can't wait for this weeks challenges.
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wow great job everyone.

I am down 1 pound this week
    start 236
    now 235
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    2/26 192
    3/5 190

Good Luck with next week!
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Awsome job everyone can't wait to see how we do in the swimsuit part hopefully we will all reach our desired goals of going down on the scale.:flowerforyou:
  • etrips
    etrips Posts: 22
    Options
    ahhh, well I suppose its better late then never, so I think I'ma join up with you gals if thats alright :D
    I'm aiming for the summer goal too so this is wonderful, and I already do my weigh ins on thrusday so again another plus...and today is thusday so its 3 for 3 for me to join up ^_^

Soo my start weight is 188 by may I want to be 160 wish me luck :D
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    I'd like to join this group if it's not too late. I read all the posts and everyone lost so that speaks volumes for the dedication of this team.

My starting weight is 156.4 and my short term goal weight is 135 but I'd like to be at 120 by summer.

I already drink in excess of 2 liters of water so that challenge isn't a problem. I like the ones about trying new foods and new exercises so even if they aren't on the challenge list for this week I'm going to do them. I'm on three other teams and each one has its' own challenges. What I like to do for challenges is to build on them. For example: On one team we have to track green veggies eaten and do 50-100 more crunches/situps each day than we normally do.

So my current challenges are water, green veggies, crunches/situps, two new foods, different exercise and whatever we have for this week.

Thanks for letting me join:smile:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 177.4
    Today's weight 176.6

Goal weight 135
  • cloverluv
    Options
    Congratulations to Everyone for your first week!! :drinker:
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Ok I want in.
    3-5 Starting weight for challenge 155.5
    3-12 Goal 153 Actual
    3-19 Goal 151 Actual
    3-26 Goal 149 Actual
    4-2 Goal 147 Actual
    4-9 Goal 145 Actual
    4-16 Goal 143 Actual
    4-23 Goal 141 Actual
    4-30 Goal 139 Actual
  • 150lbs2go
    150lbs2go Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm doing OK on drinking water, not as well as I would like to though. I'll get there!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Challengers! lol :love:

WELL DONE to everyone this week, i think we all managed to lose some weight, and dont be discouraged if you think you have only lost a little, slow and steady is the best way to lose weight, then we KNOW its staying off forever! :drinker:

if you want to change/suggest new challenges just jump straight in, i was thinking for week 2, these could be the challenges . . . .

1. drink 2 litres / 64 oz of water EVERY DAY! drinker

(i am keeping this challenge here as a lot of new people have started and some of us are still struggling a little with this one, it took me a long time to get used to water and now i LOVE it, so stick with it, you will get there :smooched: )

2. A - park your car as far away as you can when you are shopping, or going to work etc
    B - start using the stairs everywhere! no more lifts or escalators

(this challenge is for everyone, but if you have been lacking in the exercise department lately, this should be a reminder that every bit of exercise counts and 'THE MORE YOU MOVE, THE MORE YOU LOSE!' so lets get moving in every day situations this week :smile:

3. compare 3 brands of the same food in relation to calories, fat, sodium etc

(ok, let me explain, i wanted a low fat bag of crisps the other day and even though i was looking at the smaller ones, less than 100 cals per bag, i was very surprised at the difference in saturated fat, sodium and all, so compare 3 different brands of the same food that you enjoy, for example it could be a soup, a healthy snack, or even something every day like mayonnaise or a dip you like, the point is to compare and see which one is better for you!)

*** our 2nd official weigh in will be next THURSDAY! good luck everyone! ***

WE WILL DO IT :happy:

SUMMER 2009 WILL BE DIFFERENT!!! heart drinker
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options

2. A - park your car as far away as you can when you are shopping, or going to work etc
    B - start using the stairs everywhere! no more lifts or escalators

(this challenge is for everyone, but if you have been lacking in the exercise department lately, this should be a reminder that every bit of exercise counts and 'THE MORE YOU MOVE, THE MORE YOU LOSE!' so lets get moving in every day situations this week :smile:

I like this challenge! I work with my dad and we car pool into work so I'm going to force some exercise on him too :laugh:

31345.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i like 2B! we live in a 2 story town house and i had gotten so lazy (eg "honey while you're upstairs could you grab my. . . . ") so i've been trying to use OUR stairs even more.

and now. . . everytime i misplace something the first place i'm going to look is upstairs. . . just to get some extra stairs in!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    posted a thread earlier about BUTTERNUT SQUASH FRIES!

YUM YUM YUM!!! :drinker:

just thought you challengers would want me to share :heart:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/44086-butternut-squash-fries
  • cloverluv
    Options
    Love the challenges Realta! Especially this weeks. Today is my shopping day so I'll get to work on parking my car further away.
  • 150lbs2go
    150lbs2go Posts: 104
    Options
    I forgot to post my weight! Oops! :)

Starting weight: 312.8
    March 5 weight: 306.2

6.6lbs lost! yay!