Summer 2009 WILL Be Different Challenge!

Options

Replies

• jhollyw00d
    jhollyw00d Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to the gym, but I have been drinking 10-12 cups of water a day. What does that translate into in litres?
    :drinker:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i think its about 4 cups a litre, somebody correct me if im wrong! lol

so i think you are doing great, well done! :drinker:
  • jhollyw00d
    Options
    Thank you! I almost got up off of my butt last night and did a Jillian workout on Exercise On Demand (free exercise programs offered by Time Warner cable!!!!! so much awesomeness! Bob AND Jillian both have workouts on there!), but then I was freezing in my apartment and fell asleep on the couch buried under 27 blankets!

Aside from that, I tried a bag of steamer veggies like they did on the Biggest Loser last week (I did the broccoli and cheese combo) and it was SO YUM and SO FILLING! And today, I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup (before now I would have eaten the whole can) and a slice of wheat bread with a little bit of soy butter on it, and I ate it slowly and sat back and relaxed and waited to feel full. About 10 minutes after I finished eating, there it was, that delicious FULL BELLY FEELING!!! Instead of feeling like I gorged myself endlessly. It was really and truly wonderful. :laugh:
  • réalta
    Options
    well done, that is a great achievement!

when i am having my lunch sometimes, i eat half, then leave about 10 minutes of a break and then eat the other half, im always surprised at how much fuller i am than when i gobble it down really quickly! :laugh:
  • Natty
    Natty Posts: 2
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone, You can call me Natty:wink:

I've read everyones post and I very excited about this group. I'm totally JOINING!!!:love:
    Today is my 1st day on this site....
    I Love the challenges you've laid out and i like the whole bathing suit idea.

My birthday is coming up in May and I feel that a lighter sexier figure is the best B-day gift to myself!!

I don't own a scale but according to the last time i weighed myself i estimate that I'm around 180 lbs.

Starting weight: 180
    Goal weight: 120ish.

According to this site I'm Obese and am a runner up for health complications (NOT GOOD:sad: )

Anyways i can relate .... I just made a trip to visit my family on the Island and i swear i was the biggest chick on the whole Island)

I used to be energetic and always played sports (Total tom boy) I don't know what happened.

a few years ago i met my ITALIAN boyfriend and it been all down hill from there weight wise:angry:
    I've gained 60 lbs since I've been with him and i INTEND on loosing ALL of it!!!

We both decided that were tired of being overweight and unhappy with our bodies, Its a joint decision to live a more healthier LIFE STYLE.

On the weekend we went out and did our grocery shop... (ALL healthy food) Veggies and fish...

***Hey girls if your looking for something new to try i suggest a new type of fish (fish stake, shrimp, salmon) Also what we decided to do is start drinking skim milk and Soya milk)

*** It took me awhile to find a brand of Soya milk i liked but (Silk & Natura) are my favorites try it in the chocolate flavor!! you can't deny yourself all luxuries :happy:

*** Love veggies and fruit.... try 'star fruit' its delicious , kiwi's awesome, snow or sugar snap peas (raw) a great snack.

*** My bf and I are going to try one of the cabbage soup diets (healthy soup) so I'll let you know how it goes.

*** So I'll be trying new foods constantly and I've already had about a liter of water today (1 more to go)!! ~ I've been to the washroom 10x today... LOL:laugh: ~

*** I'm going to have to start walking more but we have an elliptical machine at home I'll give a try we also recently got a Wii so i plan on starting to use that for cardio activities.

Well Ladies everyone sounds like their doing great KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
    WE'LL DO THIS WITH EACH OTHERS SUPPORT and that stupid bathing suit pic:grumble:

T.T.F.N (Ta Ta For Now)
    Have a great Day!!

and remember SPRING IS COMING -THANK GOD!
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Summer 2009 WILL be different!

i'm so joining this group as well. sw 164

i joined MFP yesterday and am totally hooked.:blushing: i know our next weigh in is coming right up so i'm going to try and get some extra "different" workouts before then. yesterday i took my two dogs on a walk up and down a big ol' hill which felt good. i'm going to take them on a jog for my lunch break tomorrow (boss' schedule permitting). i made a white chicken chili yesterday which was delicious out of the crock pot-- just chicken and a bunch of different beans, onion and garlic. super filling.

oh yea, and i carry around one of those new nalgenes filled with water all the time, so i'm at at least 3L per day. the new nalgenes are awesome with the new "sippy" top thing, bc i am a nail biter as well so it gives me something else to do! :wink:

my birthday is coming up in may as well, so it'd be awesome to treat myself to a new outfit for that!

ok now i'm super excited. woo hoo! let's go!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    where are all my challenge buddies, how are you getting on? :flowerforyou:

i have done 2 litres of water today, only burned 250 calories this morning, i have to do my evening exercise yet! :wink:

keep at it guys, 2 more days until weigh in! :drinker:

Only 2 days!?! :noway:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So I tracked my water intake today and realized that I'm usually under so I'm glad I chose this challenge :happy:

I also used my new heart rate monitor while working out today and LOVE it :) Totally motivating. I kept checking to see how many calories i was burning and worked harder when my heart rate dipped too low....

a little nervous for weigh-in...but a little excited to see if the extra water makes a difference...

31345.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • whatabelighter
    Options
    "Anyways i can relate .... I just made a trip to visit my family on the Island and i swear i was the biggest chick on the whole Island)"

Hello Natty,

I can also relate to that as well, last September I had a family reunion and I was the biggest girl in the family (and there are 5 of us). I was even bigger than my mother. Boy .....I wish that I never had family pictures taken. I have a picture of me from that reunion that I keep out in the open for motivation to watch my portions and to get my *kitten* moving.

:drinker: I almost got my water intake in for today...still a couple of hours before going to bed...so I should be will over the 8 cups(2 litres):drinker:

I had a kickboxing class tonight....during that time we did 20 minutes of HARD CORE ABS....I :heart: kickboxing....it is so much more fun than running for 20-30 minutes and 60 minutes of strenght training.

Question:

Can someone give me a good name of a heart rate monitor along with the a calorie burn function. Is it in form of a watch or something that you clip on your pants or shirt

thanks..and see you all on Thursday night for our first weigh in...keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
  • whatabelighter
    Options
    Sorry but I don`t know how to use the quote function................tried and I didn`t work for me...anyways..

"Anyways i can relate .... I just made a trip to visit my family on the Island and i swear i was the biggest chick on the whole Island)"

Hello Natty,

I can also relate to that as well, last September I had a family reunion and I was the biggest girl in the family (and there are 5 of us). I was even bigger than my mother. Boy .....I wish that I never had family pictures taken. I have a picture of me from that reunion that I keep out in the open for motivation to watch my portions and to get my *kitten* moving.

:drinker: I almost got my water intake in for today...still a couple of hours before going to bed...so I should be will over the 8 cups(2 litres):drinker:

I had a kickboxing class tonight....during that time we did 20 minutes of HARD CORE ABS....I :heart: kickboxing....it is so much more fun than running for 20-30 minutes and 60 minutes of strenght training.

Question:

Can someone give me a good name of a heart rate monitor along with the a calorie burn function. Is it in form of a watch or something that you clip on your pants or shirt

thanks..and see you all on Thursday night for our first weigh in...keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
    [/quote]
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi I didn't sign in yesterday.:sad: I did horrible this past weekend ate horrible my son has ulcerative colitis and he was very sick. I sat with him Monday so his wife could go to her new job. Today is a new day I went back on full throddle and will do better the rest of this week. Drank all my water today.:drinker:
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi I didn't sign in yesterday.:sad: I did horrible this past weekend ate horrible my son has ulcerative colitis and he was very sick. I sat with him Monday so his wife could go to her new job. Today is a new day I went back on full throddle and will do better the rest of this week. Drank all my water today.:drinker:

good for you for taking care of yourself as well as your family!!! take it all one step at a time.
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Question:

[/quote]

I just bought a Polar F6 based on all the positive reviews people on these boards gave it. I bought it at lunch today so today was the first day i used it...pretty easy to set up (minimal swearing by me as I set it up :laugh: )...and it was comfortable to wear (there's a watch and a chest strap)....

31345.png
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Question:

I just bought a Polar F6 based on all the positive reviews people on these boards gave it. I bought it at lunch today so today was the first day i used it...pretty easy to set up (minimal swearing by me as I set it up :laugh: )...and it was comfortable to wear (there's a watch and a chest strap)....

31345.png
    [/quote]

I have a Polar F6 and love it. I highly recommend it. You are able to look at past exercise logs. It comes in different colors. I ordered mine from Ebay and saved about $40.
  • réalta
    Options
    where are all my challenge buddies, how are you getting on? :flowerforyou:

i have done 2 litres of water today, only burned 250 calories this morning, i have to do my evening exercise yet! :wink:

keep at it guys, 2 more days until weigh in! :drinker:

Only 2 days!?! :noway:

lol our weigh in day is thursday, if you have joined any time after last thursday, dont worry about your first weigh in :smile:
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    So this week has been pretty bad! I totally nose-dived Saturday - Monday on the diet and exercise program, but am back on track now...hopefully.

I guess in the nose-dive the only thing I was able to keep up on was drinking my water...that's bad. Not looking forward to weigh in tommorow. I hope it is going better for the rest of you!
  • réalta
    Options
    hang in there melissa, today is a new day and WELL DONE on getting all your water in :drinker:

i am going out tonight for a work thing, so i hope the scales doesnt go crazy tomorrow morn :explode:

i have enough calories left, so i should be ok :blushing:
  • jhollyw00d
    Options
    Hey, ok I cheated and used a conversion website, but I found out that 8 cups is ALMOST 2 liters (8 cup [US] = 1.892 705 892 liter)

The site is www.onlineconversion.com and it converts ANYTHING! LOVE IT! :love:
  • jhollyw00d
    Options
    Also, I'm doing pilates tonight with a new instructor, and I have 647 calories left for my dinner/nighttime snack. I'm on my 6th cup of water for the day, too. (1.419 529 419 liter) lol

:glasses:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    So I must admit I have not been doing well this week. I've been getting my excersise is but barely. TOM is kicking my butt this week (at least it's my excuse haha). I also have both my boys home from school sick as well as my daughter and my husband! I think I am also catching this bug that's going on. Time to kick up the Vitamin C!!

The good thing...I'm drinking all my water. Congrats to those of you keeping up with the challenge!! :drinker: