Summer 2009 WILL Be Different Challenge!

Options

Replies

• whatabelighter
    Options
    I want in and I love this idea...we all make plans for summer vacations.....

My starting weight is 178.6 lbs (taking at 8:58 pm)

Last September I had a family reunion...and I was the biggest of 5 girls....I felt like an outcast...the my 4 sisters are so thin and fit......but this year I want to be fit, look goodand feel better about myself....

I'm going to "ACHEIVE" (not try) challenge number 1 and 2
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi I want in too just found this thread. Will do the water challange.:smile:
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    Here's a new healthy idea if you have not already tried it. This is my favorite snack.

Veggie sticks and instead of using regular dip like ranch or whatever, use Taziki dip. It is delicious and only has 25 calories/tablespoon. Plus I love the cucumbers in it !

there's a really good three bean salad that ellie krieger on food network makes too. It is black beans, green beans and edimame in an citrus ginger sauce. This is another favorite of mine. I will have to look for the recip but you can also find it on the food network website.
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    forgot to enter my starting wt.162.8
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    how is everyone doing today? i have gotten my 2 litres of water in, planning on trying something new foodwise tomorrow, not sure what yet tho, will check out the supermarket! :drinker:

just managed to do my 30 mins on the elliptical today, but that is my usual scenario, so might try to get a walk in tomorrow, i HATE walking! lol

i want to change it up, keep my metabolism guessing! :laugh:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!

Water has been hard today. Getting ready for TOM and I'm really blah. I WILL run tonight so hopefully that will get me a bit energized and ready for some H2O! :yawn:
  • nicolet04
    Options
    hey everybody!!! i just got finshed with 75 mins of weight traing and abs. today i did legs, back and ab ripper from p90x! i have already had over 80 oz of water and its only 4:00 here so i know i will atleast get in another 60 oz! hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have been scrubbing crap all over this house and jamming with the music wide open and dancing all over. Not much other exercise other than that and I gotta finish it tomorrow. I hope everyone has been doing good!!
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Ok im doing the water challenge cause i mostly defiently dont get near the water i need!

I love the idea of posting our pics, i have this black bikini that i bought and it was a little small and i told myself oh ill get into instead i gained weigth and well that was over two years ago! Its still has the tags. :laugh: So thats my goal to myself in that dang thing.

As far as healty food i made a soup with some beef stew meat (very little) with peas leeks peppers onions and one bad carb corn other than that its healty. i love soup! Hope everyone has a good weekend !
  • leafylee
    Options
    oh, i am so in!! last summer was really bad for me becuase i was doagnosed with some health issues and i fell into a funk and gained over 30 pounds. i found myself really limited in the activities i could do, and i vow this year not to be limited by my size. it feels horrible to be fat in the summer (well anytime, really), and i dont want the best 4 months of the year to be ruined by weight. here's to us and a great new challenge!!
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If it is not too late i would like to join too. My starting weight is 237 and i am doing the water challenge. I hate plain water and so that is my new goal.

This is great, thanks for starting it.:drinker:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    This is a great group. I'd like to join in. I'm already in Crazy Canucks. And the more motivation, the more groups I join the better. Keeps me motivated and accountable.

Starting weight 172.2
    Current weight 169

I'm still under the weather and under doctor's orders to take it easy at least for another few days. I'm really missing my walks outside, working out and especially my sports. Hopefully, later on next week I can resume. So, I'm sticking to the water challenge and drinking the 64 oz.

This is a great set up you guys got here. Good luck to everyone. Hope you're all enjoying your weekend so far. :flowerforyou:

And thank you Realta for starting this group. :happy: I totally know what you mean when you said, new skirts/shorts for the summer. I just got the new Old Navy flyer and looked at the clothes and thought, awww, it would be so nice to fit into some of those. Hmmm...............
  • réalta
    Options
    welcome guys! its never too late to join!

yep, i started this group because every summer is hating myself in skirts, giving out about my weight and generally not enjoying myself, so i thought, not again

THIS SUMMER WILL BE DIFFERENT! :laugh:

so i am doing great on the water challenge, going bowling/for a long walk tomorrow as my exercise!

i usually hide myself away in the spare room on my elliptical for an hour,

my hubby recently said that my life doesnt have to stop just cuz im losing weight,

so i want to include more 'fun' exericse into my week, and do things that me and hubby can do together!

hope you are all having a great weekend

having a few glasses of wine tonight, its our 1st year anniversary as mr & mrs! so better really get extra exercise in tomorrow! :blushing:
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    SUMMER HERE I COME!!!! I have 16 weeks til my birthday and its my 29th considering its a blah kind of birthday I am going for summer challenge my birthday gift for myself is to be a healthy 180:happy: LOL!!! my starting weight today is 211:tongue: my starting weight for the beginning of the year was 242:noway: I am soooooooooo excited I am going to work it with the water starting today, I have been slacking more coffee than water :blushing: GO TEAM SUMMER!!!!
  • PinkableLove
    Options
    Okay I am definitely in for this challenge! My starting weight is 280. I have the water down so I will try one of the other challenges.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary to you Realta and your husband!!! :flowerforyou:

Enjoy a great evening of celebration.

Yeah, the title of the group is really motivating. Tks so much for welcome. Hope lots and lots will join us.

I like how you said, you like to get some activities for you and your husband to keep fit together. Double the joy, double the results. A great way to get support is to stay active together with family and friends. What about dancing lessons, or sports. They're fun.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: water. Doing good on this challenge. And I'm thinking of something healthy I've never tried before.
  • 150lbs2go
    Options
    Can I join as well??
    My weight last Thursday (2.26) was 312.8 lbs. I haven't weighed since, so this is last recorded

My goal is to lose 60-65 lbs for my friend's wedding this summer.
    And to look a little more toned

Good luck everyone!
  • 150lbs2go
    Options
    Oh, and I will be working on the water challenge
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Realta! :drinker: To many more.
  • réalta
    Options
    thanks 'heal4444' and 'cloverluv'

had a great day yesterday, but went a little over

going bowling/walking today with hubby so hopefully burn all those calories off

how are you all doing with your challenges? :drinker: