Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on the forum in awhile and my weigh-in date is soooo behind everyone else's. Please forgive me for being so tardy. I think I'll weigh-in on Mondays with everyone else and post then use my other weigh-in at work to keep me in check :-).
    Maybe that will help me make some progress :-)

Anyway, here we go...

SW - 200
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 198(Aug 24)
    Week 2 - 199 (Aug 31)
    Week 3 - 200.4 (Sep 7)
    Week 4 - 202 (Sep 14)
    Week 5 - 199.8 (Sep 22)

New fitness goal - move my body!!!!!

Nice progress
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Tomorrow will be test of willpower! I am at the business meeting for the week, the guys (and I mean all men) decided to get pizza for lunch. The receptionist is getting me a salad, but I have not been around pizza in almost 4 months. This is going to be tough.

You will do awesome! That salad is going to taste wonderful :smile:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was definitely a roller coaster for me. Thank you everyone for the encouraging words. Did just fine food and water wise. I ended up taking a nap after work, and that calmed me down about the lawsuit. Got in a bit more exercise in the evening cleaning out the garage for the new chest freezer that arrives today. Watch out Costco!

This morning was my mid-week weight check - not official, just seeing how things are going. 190.0! 180's you are so close!

And, the best news of all, last night I was contacted by a recruiter for a local software company about a permanent full-time job!!! I do contract work right now, so I'm effectively always looking for work. Something permanent would take a load off my mind. I don't usually 'squee' about something, but ... SQUEE!!!!!

Wow two or more reasons to celebrate and be proud of yourself. Congratulations.
  • curlyjayne
    Options
    hi guys
    I have lost another 1 lb this week, slow and steady seams to be working for me. xxx
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    hi guys
    I have lost another 1 lb this week, slow and steady seams to be working for me. xxx

That is great I will update this on next Monday's weigh in!
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3 pounds since starting the Xmas Challenge! Thanks All!SW - 212 lbs (2006)
    MFP SW 192 (4/4/11-MFP)
    CW_ 172
    GW 142 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 – 172.5 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 173 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 – 172 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 172(Sep 12)
    Week 5- 170 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 – xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25))
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Had to 'bump up the exercise" in order to take
    I have lost 3 pounds since starting the Xmas Challenge! Thanks All!SW - 212 lbs (2006)
    MFP SW 192 (4/4/11-MFP)
    Xmas C start weight:: 172.5
    GW 142 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 – 172.5 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 173 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 – 172 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 172(Sep 12)
    Week 5- 170 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 – xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25))
    [/quote]
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Drumroll... please!!! As a group we have lost 113lbs already that is one short person.. (LOL I am 5'6" I will never be 113 but if you were 5'2" you might be)... lets see if we can loss a big burly 200lb guy by mid october!
    That is awesome news! I'm ready to start adding to that burly man total.:laugh: And as of this morning I can add 1.5 lbs. Yes !!! I finally broke through that dreadful plateau .:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • clsalmon
    clsalmon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on the forum in awhile and my weigh-in date is soooo behind everyone else's. Please forgive me for being so tardy. I think I'll weigh-in on Mondays with everyone else and post then use my other weigh-in at work to keep me in check :-).

No forgiveness is necessary! We ALL have days (and weeks) where the motivation just isn't there - that's what we're here for: to give you a gentle nudge or a kick in the butt - whatever it is you need (I usually need the kick. With a size 15 boot. Make that a spiked boot!).

So, you want to move your body.... what can you do in the next 24 hours? On a LOT of my days, I do 10 minutes of gentle stretching. It burns less than 40 calories for me, but at least I feel like I've done something GOOD for myself without a huge commitment of time. Usually, I do it the moment I get out of bed in the morning, still in my pj's, on the floor next to my bed. Low effort, big results (mentally, and physically).

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    as of this morning I can add 1.5 lbs. Yes !!! I finally broke through that dreadful plateau .:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Yes! I knew you were going to see progress!
    Congratulations!!~
  • KeriA
    Options
    Drumroll... please!!! As a group we have lost 113lbs already that is one short person.. (LOL I am 5'6" I will never be 113 but if you were 5'2" you might be)... lets see if we can loss a big burly 200lb guy by mid october!
    That is awesome news! I'm ready to start adding to that burly man total.:laugh: And as of this morning I can add 1.5 lbs. Yes !!! I finally broke through that dreadful plateau .:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

This is actually inspiring to us all. It does take a few weeks for your body to respond to changes in your diet at least on the scale. I am proud of you that you stuck to it long enough and that it worked. Sometimes it doesn't and we don't know why. I saw you had lost on your updates and it made me really happy.
  • KeriA
    Options

No forgiveness is necessary! We ALL have days (and weeks) where the motivation just isn't there - that's what we're here for: to give you a gentle nudge or a kick in the butt - whatever it is you need (I usually need the kick. With a size 15 boot. Make that a spiked boot!).

So, you want to move your body.... what can you do in the next 24 hours? On a LOT of my days, I do 10 minutes of gentle stretching. It burns less than 40 calories for me, but at least I feel like I've done something GOOD for myself without a huge commitment of time. Usually, I do it the moment I get out of bed in the morning, still in my pj's, on the floor next to my bed. Low effort, big results (mentally, and physically).

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I love your response Christine. I was telling someone similar. If your life makes it hard to do the 30 min to an hour do the 10 to 20 minutes. I do not know howmany times I have not done this out of thinking it was not good enough. Rignt now I am getting over a cold and this is a great reminder to me too. I may not feel up to a run or a long walk but I could do other active things for awhile. No one is behind we are just supporting each other on each of our own efforts. We can do it!
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I love your response Christine. I was telling someone similar. If your life makes it hard to do the 30 min to an hour do the 10 to 20 minutes. I do not know howmany times I have not done this out of thinking it was not good enough. Rignt now I am getting over a cold and this is a great reminder to me too. I may not feel up to a run or a long walk but I could do other active things for awhile. No one is behind we are just supporting each other on each of our own efforts. We can do it!

This is exactly why I love this group so much!!!!:love: You ALL are great. :flowerforyou: You're supportive, motivating, comforting and at times hilarious :laugh: Thanks for being there because just as Christine said, 'I usually need the kick. With a size 15 boot.' !!!!
  • brobin41101
    Options

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

This is exactly why I love this group so much!!!!:love: You ALL are great. :flowerforyou: You're supportive, motivating, comforting and at times hilarious :laugh: Thanks for being there because just as Christine said, 'I usually need the kick. With a size 15 boot.' !!!!
    I sit here with tears in my eyes....I too love you all :heart: I wonder how far....or far behind I would be on my progerss if I haden't joined this wonderful group. The best thing is...we don't judge, because we have all been judged. We understand where others may not. We support and motivate and yes, lol, put the boot on when necessary.:bigsmile: It is the small things we change on a daily basis that will give us a lifetime of great results. I too have to remind myself of that because I am further behind on my exercise progress than some...but I try...and I will keep on trying because of each of you !!! :blushing:
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

I was on vacation over in Sanibel Island and I've had company in town this week so, needless to say I have not been eating right or exercising other than occasional walks. I have gained 3 lbs and I am so incredibly dissapointed in myself!!!! Today I woke up and I'm not feeling well. My glands are swollen, coughing, burning eyes, etc!!! UGH!!! My immune system is compromised from the injections and medications I must take for my Psoriatic Arthritis. I must get back on track and get serious about what I'm putting into my body and getting in my exercise!! I'm feeling very down about myself!!!

I just finished reading everyone's posts and I'm so very proud of all of you and your dedication. I love how this group puts themselves out there on this thread with their feelings and difficulties that we all face.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
    :heart: Sabrina
  • KeriA
    Options
    Sorry you are not feeling well Sabrina. I just am getting over something now. We all need vacations and usually when we gain on them it comes right off. Water works well for helping with that. Take care and I hope the weekend it better for you.
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well girls that's another week down,
    Good luck to all for the weigh in tomorrow,
    Today is day 7 of the 30DS for me, it's tough but by day 5 i could see some body changes, i measured day 1 so i'll up date you all on day 30.
    So that's the first time i have reached my exercise goal

Great to see some of the Plateaus have been broken this week. i'll know when i hit mine to be strong and keep going.

Can i ask your opinion on logging housework in the exercise tool. I have not being doing it, a well, its what i was always doing when i was gaining weight..
    MFP reckons i need 1800 cal to lead my lifestyle, i'm sure that doing the ironing must be calculated into the figure.
    A couple of week ago i did a mad in temper deep cleaning day, which would be a rare event and i logged that, it made me laugh as it calculated over 1200 cal for 4 hours. so i have not put these activities in again.

Goals for the coming week 7 day's exercise, get to bed early.

see you all in the morning.
    sam
  • brobin41101
    Options
    Samhradh , You asked for opinions ... you wrote: ( Can i ask your opinion on logging housework in the exercise tool. I have not being doing it, a well, its what i was always doing when i was gaining weight..
    MFP reckons i need 1800 cal to lead my lifestyle, i'm sure that doing the ironing must be calculated into the figure.
    A couple of week ago i did a mad in temper deep cleaning day, which would be a rare event and i logged that, it made me laugh as it calculated over 1200 cal for 4 hours. so i have not put these activities in again.) My opinion : .....I think if it's something you don't do on a daily basis , you can add it into your exercise...but if it is included in your MFP set up, it really isn't calories burned. I would think that a extreme day of deep cleaning would be allowed...as most don't do it on a daily basis....You go girl !!! :wink: Good luck to you on the weigh in tomorrow....And good luck to everyone!!!!!!! Happy to hear those of you who have been under the weather are feeling better now:drinker::heart:
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Last week's challenge: More core exercises. Started out the week ok, but I tweaked my back on Wednesday. I probably did it in my exuberance to clean the garage for my new chest freezer.

This week's challenge: squats, wall push ups, Pilates planks

Posting my numbers and updating my ticker:

SW - 192.5
    GW - 172 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 191 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 194.8 (Aug 29) ugh, new scale
    Week 3 - 192.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 191.6 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 190.4 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 189.4 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well, it's only three months now till Christmas! I hope everyone will be able to reach their goals by that time!

I lost three pounds this week, but I don't really feel like I did that well. I still have to work on eating less carbs, sugar, and sodium. I guess that should be one of my goals for the coming weeks.

I do think I've got this water thing down, now. On weekdays, I easily get 10-14 cups per day, but weekends seem to be a bit harder. I'm just busy catching up on errands, housework, etc. etc. etc. and don't seem to make the time. But during the week, when it's just sitting there on my desk, I'm chugging all the time.

I am terrible for staying up way too late, then when I do go to bed, I usually wake up several times during the night and have the hardest time to go back to sleep (I'm kind of a chronic insomniac). So another goal for this week will be to go to bed by 11 each night, and be asleep by 11:30. (I always read for a bit before falling asleep.) My ultimate goal is to go to bed by 10 or 10:30 and be asleep before 11:00, but baby steps.

And, tonight I'm back to my Aquacise. Not that it was by choice to not be going. That's just the way it's done here. There are four sessions per year (one each season) and there are usually anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks between sessions. I just wish it would be an annual thing that you pay once a year and go twice a week for the whole year. I so look forward to it every week. It's so much fun that it's not even like working out, so if I get some benefit from it physically, that's just a bonus!

Congrats to those who have had victories (big or small) this week, and for those still struggling, please keep up the great work and you will eventually be rewarded (just as brobin41101 is now seeing her hard work for so long is starting to pay off.) Thanks to everyone for the friendship, motivation, and encouragement. I LOVE this group!!! Have a great week, y'all!!!

SW - 287
    GW - 265 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 282 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 282 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 281 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 278 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 277 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 274 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)