April 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @Laurz9191 I also love the smell of a forest! It immediately relaxes me. Your knee looks rough! Hopefully it didn’t look so bad once you washed the blood/mud mixture off!

@Scott6255 Your encounters made me laugh but I really hate that feeling of getting scared. It always happens in the dark morning hours when I’m just not ready to have my adrenaline pumping!

@tarun_yadavA Have fun in FL. Soak all that heat and humidity up! Maybe you can take it home with you when you go?
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Those days are so hard! I’m sorry it happened on a long run. That somehow makes it worse. But, for what it’s worth, you’re probably in better shape for the marathon than you realize. It was just a bad day. Character-building as my kid’s climbing coach would say.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @martaindale thanks, I'll probably be fine I just get very anxious and have bad taper tantrums! I hope your calf doesn't get any worse, do you have a foam roller? Or maybe get a sports massage just in case...
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

So I'm sticking to walking until my knee feels less sore. Today's walk was quite nice.

My old Garmin 45s is not charging, so it may be time to get a new watch. What do y'all use/recommend?
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    spl8 wrote: »
    My old Garmin 45s is not charging, so it may be time to get a new watch. What do y'all use/recommend?

The bottom of the barrel Forerunner 265 is 10x than anything top of the line thing that was on the market 3 years ago.

The lowest end 265 now has an AMOLED screen, which has worked it's way down from the high end.

The less athletic focused Venu 2 Plus, has all the running/walking functions, and is a little less chunky.

I like the Venu 2 Plus, and used to have one. I gave it away and got a Forerunner.

Get either of those on sale and you can't go wrong.

• chris_in_cal
    Options
    The lowest end 265 now has an AMOLED screen, which has worked it's way down from the high end.

Ray Maker is one of the goto reviewers.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2023/03/garmin-forerunner-265-265s-review-amoled.html
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    One last thing @spl8

A couple of times I've had schmutz build up in the charger cord end. I've cleaned them out with tweezers, qtips, alcohol etc And got them to work awhile longer. Worth a look.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the car troubles @katharmonic and @quilteryoyo I know how aggravating that can be.
    @tarun_yadavA yeah, welcome Florida!!! Just be thankful you aren't running there in July or August!

Got in a slow 6.2 miles this morning. It started off very warm, but by the end it had dropped over 10F just in the hour I was out. Cold front coming through :)

exercise.png