April 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    @mustb60 wrote: »
    Thanks for the challenge! Joining late indeed but better be late than never... Restarting the running again after a long hiatus.
    Baby steps in April, goal is 30 km in April.

Awesome!

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    April 1 – 3.33 miles
    April 3 – 4.04 miles
    April 4 – 5.50 miles
    April 5 – 5.10 miles
    April 10 – 5.32 miles
    Total 23.29/95.00

I spent the weekend hiking in the cold rain/sleet. It was great to be back in the woods but would have been more enjoyable with better weather. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend.
    zfmca3008ihg.jpg
    Me and my hiking friend Olga
    4zcl19jplom0.jpg
    Near Max Patch, NC
    3ofmskiqanqd.jpg
    We saw lots of wildflowers blooming including hillsides covered with these trilliums in red, white, pink and yellow.

@tarun_yadavA - You picked the wrong time to leave London! https://foodandwine.com/subway-cadbury-creme-egg-sandwich-7376928

Welcome @mustb60!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    Nice pictures of your hike @Teresa502!
    We had a good time in Austin (thanks for keeping the rain away @SummerSkier :)

Got in 8 miles this morning in near perfect weather (57F, 3mph wind).

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    Nice running @SummerSkier . I'm sure @Scott6255 is waving back somewhere in the city. :wink: I hope you have better weather today.

@katharmonic It sounds like you are doing great with your recovery. You are being so active. I love waterfalls. You'll be back to training with your friends in no time. I hope you had a lovely Easter too.

@mustb60 Gradual is the way to go. Great job on your first run in a while.

Great running @Laurz9191 . It is amazing how much easier flat routes seem after running mountains/hills.

@kgirlhart Nice running and love that you had such a big family gathering for Easter.

@Teresa502 I'm sure it was a tough weekend for hiking, but love the pictures. Trillium are such interesting flowers. How is your friend that had the accident/fell? I can't remember exactly what happened, but don't recall if you told us if she was better and back to running or not.

Nice morning run @Scott6255 .

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    Options

@Teresa502 I'm sure it was a tough weekend for hiking, but love the pictures. Trillium are such interesting flowers. How is your friend that had the accident/fell? I can't remember exactly what happened, but don't recall if you told us if she was better and back to running or not.

Hi @quilteryoyo - The lady in my pictures is the friend who fell that one morning and busted her nose. Later that same week, she tore a calf muscle while running. Her nose healed fine and so did her calf muscle. She is having some trouble with her back and piriformis but is doing PT for it. She is back to run/walking and did great with the hiking this weekend.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    April 1 – 3.33 miles
    April 3 – 4.04 miles
    April 4 – 5.50 miles
    April 5 – 5.10 miles
    April 10 – 5.32 miles
    Total 23.29/95.00

I spent the weekend hiking in the cold rain/sleet. It was great to be back in the woods but would have been more enjoyable with better weather. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend.
    zfmca3008ihg.jpg
    Me and my hiking friend Olga
    4zcl19jplom0.jpg
    Near Max Patch, NC
    3ofmskiqanqd.jpg
    We saw lots of wildflowers blooming including hillsides covered with these trilliums in red, white, pink and yellow.

@tarun_yadavA - You picked the wrong time to leave London! https://foodandwine.com/subway-cadbury-creme-egg-sandwich-7376928

Welcome @mustb60!

Thank you 🙏😊