my accountability thread Day one

Options
Hi All: I have been eating terrible since Christmas. Gained 10 lbs and so upset with myself. Well today I am starting an accountability thread for myself and anyone who would like to join me.
I am 65 and just had a new grandchild ( 5h one!)this week and want to be healthy so I can watch him grow up.
So here is Day 1! One day at a time.

Replies

• GabrielleXoo
    GabrielleXoo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey joining this thread with you ☺️ I’m finally starting back. I gained weight due to hospitalization and meds (30 lbs!) UGH 🤮
    So now I’m back on my kicker from today and will lose it by June 🥳 I lose weight quickly when I’m disciplined so let’s gooooo
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey joining this thread with you ☺️ I’m finally starting back. I gained weight due to hospitalization and meds (30 lbs!) UGH 🤮
    So now I’m back on my kicker from today and will lose it by June 🥳 I lose weight quickly when I’m disciplined so let’s gooooo

Gabrielle!! Thank you! I have been a failure and am back on day one. Thank you for joining me. Let's
    do this!! That is great you lose quickly. Not me but I feel so much better when I exercise and eat right and do not drink wine! Oh well....it's back to day one. Hope you are doing well?
  • sarah7591
    Options
    I'm back......day two. I can do this.
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Day 3! I am doing good. It is the weekends that kill me. Going out of town for a week and I know that is going to be so hard to eat right. One day at a time. Today I can do it.
  • Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I posted a long accountability post this morning, but I'm here now too.
  • sarah7591
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Sandie!Welcome ! I am out of town and will be home tomorrow so I have not been posting . We can do this!
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    So, how is everyone doing? I’ve just started back on track a few days ago. F40 5’1 with 30lbs to lose. If y’all are still up to a little accountability posting I’d like to join in:)
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Thank you for posting!! You made my day! I am a chronic relapser (not sure that is a word). Anyhow I am back to day one (ugh) weekends are so hard for me. I want to just make it through one week. Once I build some momentum I think I will be OK. Thank you for checking in. I'll try to check in daily and we can all support each other!
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    I, too, have relapsed many times. I’ve successfully lost 20-30lbs 3 different times and have managed to gain it back with a little interest each time😬 I am determined to lose it and learn to maintain the loss!

If you bank a little extra calories during the week you might see that being a little freer on the weekend doesn’t effect your weekly caloric average too much. Do you ever look at the weekly caloric average?
  • kl6307
    kl6307 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to commenting. I am hoping to get back on track and am on day 2 so I have started the same day as many of you. I am the classic yo-yo dieter, which is so sad. Once I go off tracking I tend to gain so I am going to keep on tracking and exercising. I have a real lot to lose unfortunately. I wish everyone the best of luck!
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    I’ve been tracking my cals and eating well and drinking more water so I feel like I’m doing well. Stuck on the scale but I’m really sunburned and looks a bit swollen so I may have some water weight hanging around🤷‍♀️ How’s everyone else today?
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    It’s my moms bday weekend and we already ate out At restaurants for lunch and dinner yesterday (and I wasn’t as good as I could’ve been😬) and we have a family thing for her today then my grandmas bday is Sunday so it’s a whole weekend of food and hangouts. I want to be good, I definitely want/need to lose weight, but I also know I don’t make the best decisions when stuff like this is going on. I’m going to try hard to stay on track because a pic taken yesterday made me feel so fat!

Hope everyone else is doing well! What do y’all have going on this weekend?
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Just a little thought for eating out. I'm not someone who eats low carb in any way - boy do I love my carbs! But when eating out, it is easier to stay within caloric goal of the day/week when I cut out the carbs there. Skip the bread and ask for and appetizer of veggies with hummus for example, main of meat/fish with veggies and say no to the potatoes/pasta/fries and a coffee with a small sweet instead of a full dessert. Also a glass of champagne instead of sweet or creamy cocktails :wink:
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Hi All! Well i did have a slip on Saturday but the remainder of the week I did pretty good. Lost 1lb and I am happy about that (better than gaining one right?) I agree with you Antiopelle....try to stick to low carb when eating out. I really love to eat out but have stopped because I always eat too much and am somewhat picky. I'm not a big meat eater so it is hard to stay away from the carbs. Keep posting and sharing you stories....it helps!
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    Did not make the best choices over the last 4 days of bday celebrations…I figured I wouldn’t, but I started my day with a short exercise and I’ve stayed in my cals today so happy to be back at it. There were times in my past that I would’ve been totally thrown off track and not able to pick right back up. My bday is July 6th though and I really want to lose 15lbs by then which is slightly over 1lb a week and I think I can do it if I just stick to the plan!
  • BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! My name is Beverly and I have been gradually gaining weight over the past year. I am 65 and am looking for a way to keep myself accountable. I eat fairly well until we take a trip or eat out or have company! I am going to post here every morning if only to say hello or let you know my progress. Friday is weigh in & I will post my weight & how much I have lost since the previous Friday. Will anyone join me in committing to this plan? I will do this for 5 weeks. June 2 will be the last weigh in when I leave for a one week vacation to see my son. See you tomorrow!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    TxTiffani wrote: »
    Did not make the best choices over the last 4 days of bday celebrations…I figured I wouldn’t, but I started my day with a short exercise and I’ve stayed in my cals today so happy to be back at it. There were times in my past that I would’ve been totally thrown off track and not able to pick right back up. My bday is July 6th though and I really want to lose 15lbs by then which is slightly over 1lb a week and I think I can do it if I just stick to the plan!

You sound like me ...so many times I get totally thrown off and go on a binge and then then I am so disappointed in myself. This morning the scale showed I was up 1lb !! Ugh...and I thought I had lost one pound. I did not exercise yesterday and did eat well so I will not let it get me down.
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Good Morning! My name is Beverly and I have been gradually gaining weight over the past year. I am 65 and am looking for a way to keep myself accountable. I eat fairly well until we take a trip or eat out or have company! I am going to post here every morning if only to say hello or let you know my progress. Friday is weigh in & I will post my weight & how much I have lost since the previous Friday. Will anyone join me in committing to this plan? I will do this for 5 weeks. June 2 will be the last weigh in when I leave for a one week vacation to see my son. See you tomorrow!

Beverly I am in!! I will try to be accountable every day as well. Let's do this. I am same age as you and I do my weigh in each Monday. Weekends are so hard for me. I would like to lose 6 pounds by the time we we go on vacation as well! Still trying to get the Christmas weight off. I am trying for just one pound a week. I did not exercise yesterday either but will today. Will check in tomorrow. Thanks for posting.
  • BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Day 1 went very well. My calories were well under my goal. I didn't eat any butter, cheese or sweets which are all my weaknesses. I feel that I am blessed that I really enjoy running. However, I also use it as an excuse to eat more calories. Hubby and I ran yesterday and I attempted the 30 day plank challenge I have been doing since April 2. Yesterday was the first day I couldn't increase the hold from 180seconds to 210seconds. I will try again today. I hope everyone has a healthy day!