WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    pip - I guess there isn't any chance that you'll be renting that house again???????

Michele NC
    who just got back from the dollar store. Still waiting for the landscaper.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :) My philosophy about getting things done is that a little bit at a time will result in finishing the job. Today I worked 20-30 minutes each on ripping music from cd's to save on the computer and/or a flash drive, scanning photos, discarding papers, taking steps to renew our passports, folding laundry, pulling weeds, and taking an after lunch walk. Now I can relax on the exercise bike and read or watch TV.

😻🌻🌞Barbie in NW WA
  • exermom
    Options
    barbie - I'm like you, I'd rather do a little of a job every day and then it gets done. Now Vince is just the opposite, he'll put things off and then do everything at one time. Sometimes this really bothers me. Jess is the same way

Michele NC
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,539 Member
    Options
    Corey's slow roasting barbecued pork in the oven for his dinner, and has my shrimp thawing, which he'll put on the grill for me. He's such an amazing cook, and bends over backward for me to get me the high protein I need. I'm having a really hard time eating beef or pork lately. Beef tastes quite liver-ish to me, and pork is squeaky teeth and a hard time digesting.

Got a bug up my butt yesterday to bake cookies (been watching too many baking shows), so I made cowboy cookies for him - I won't eat anything with raisins in it, so it's easy for me to ignore them. Baked up four of them for him and then froze the rest individually. They bake really well from frozen, and that way you can bake exactly as many as you want to at a time.

Today's the last of his four days off, and he's already had the guys at work calling to tell him they need him to fix stuff tomorrow. He told me he may not be able to break loose to get to the lawyer for the estate plan signing tomorrow. Might cost more if we drag it out. Ah well, least said, soonest mended.

Kylia - In all this never-ending saga of mine, I've had to stop taking three different medications because they were making me ill. One even landed me in the emergency room with a horrible reaction to it. Knowing your own body can save you an awful lot of pain and distress--and having a doctor who actually listens is helpful. I hope they can find the meds for you that don't make you miserable, but help the issues with your heart. Thinking about you, kiddo.

Karen - Not sure I ever said, but your brother's latest paintings are just wonderful. The impromptu music jam sounds wonderful as well.

Loving all the artistry, such an eclectic bunch we are!

Later, y'all,
    Much love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Two hours and three cans full of weeds.
    Got a good start but had to take a break- massive headache and back hurting.
    That Bermuda grass is terrible!

Will work on more tomorrow.

Debbie

I can't identify grasses, but we've got one that grows in large tufts here, there and everywhere ... and grows quite tall.

this grass grows long, with new roots starting about every foot or so as it grows along the ground, the vine part is VERY strong, like twine. With all the rain we got and I haven't been up in the garden since fall, it has really taken over, more than in previous years. It is also a bad tripping hazard .
    We are supposed to get rain again tomorrow so maybe that will soften the ground so I can pull it a little easier

Looking up in the identifier - not sure what it actually is called- just what I thought it was. All I know is it is terrible. The leaves grow long and the vines are about 1/4" thick and at least six feet long in some areas.

Our clover grows like that.

M in Oz
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds... trying, hopefully we'll get spring back in MN sometime soon.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    Regarding businesses being short staffed ...

Here it is because the number of Asian students is way down ... plus the number of backpackers and working holiday visa holders is way down ... plus people have re-evaluated their work-life balance (I was one of thousands here who made several changes).

And people did die from COVID.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,391 Member
    Options
    As you can see, I had a busy day today.

Debbie: any news about the suicide?
    Karen: good news about your partners meds.

Intentions for April:
    🔹Maintain weight < 140 (I have managed to stay at the lower end of the 140s)
    🔹Continue with Solid Habit development
    Intentions for today completed
    📍Solid habits
    📍general chores
    📍phone consultation for op pre assessment
    📍Creative Writing am
    📍Monday Painters after lunch

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,726 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    pip - I guess there isn't any chance that you'll be renting that house again???????

Michele NC
    who just got back from the dollar store. Still waiting for the landscaper.

You never know, I’ll ask kirby
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,726 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- windy!- 2hrs 18min 20sec, 94ahr, 120mhr, 2.65ap, 129elev, 6.45mi= 610c
    Strava app= 790c
  • exermom
    Options
    Forest – welcome. Come back often so we get to know you even better. Good job

Mary – I never in a thousand years would have guessed that that was fried pickles. I thought it was some sort of tart. Interesting…..

Just got back from ceramics. Now to watch a bit of TV and then get to bed.

Michele NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Michele they were actually the best fried pickles we ever had. They perfected the way of frying them. Most fried pickles are usually soggy and gooey. These were not. They realized that they need to have a separate fryer for the fried pickles because it needs to be at a higher heat. Therefore they were crunchy on the outside and a nice non gooey pickle on the inside.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    As you can see, I had a busy day today.

Debbie: any news about the suicide?
    Karen: good news about your partners meds.

Intentions for April:
    🔹Maintain weight < 140 (I have managed to stay at the lower end of the 140s)
    🔹Continue with Solid Habit development
    Intentions for today completed
    📍Solid habits
    📍general chores
    📍phone consultation for op pre assessment
    📍Creative Writing am
    📍Monday Painters after lunch

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

no news at all. The family called Search and Rescue because no one had contacted them with any update.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Karen we went on our food tour today and we had some very interesting entree’s. A couple of them were featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives!
    ct5ogyg6add9.jpeg
    vn1g1lwd6uxr.jpeg
    0z7atrx8tn88.jpeg
    y8tv3ae80spc.jpeg
    ckxj543qleuh.jpeg
    wqp7luz1meu0.jpeg
    3h92xydgowav.jpeg
    0yhbeiddfd1d.jpeg
    3l53qmybc3r5.jpeg

1. Alligator sausage on a Hawaiian bun with craw fish etouffee
    2. Fried pickles
    3. S’more brownie.
    4. Lemon eclair
    5. Crab beignet
    6. Char boiled oyster with butter, garlic, Parmesan, and pecorino cheese
    7. Guy from diners, drive-ins, and dives.
    8. Eggplant Parmesan with fried shrimp and crawfish etouffee
    9. Beef, debris Poboy.

We walked over 6 miles on our food tour, mostly to and from. We ended up having a private tour because the other people that were scheduled did not make it to town on time. So we had a very interesting talk with our tour guide!! I definitely would go on another food tour in the future!

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Mary, that sounds like so much fun. That is something dh would actually enjoy doing. We have been to a few places Guy has been to.
    He lives in the area here, his son goes to the high school my best friends daughters went to. He does a lot of charity work around here.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    <3