What size is too big for a bikini?

Replies

• Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    I'm a bigger girl, closer to 300 than 200, and I wear a bikini.

Every one piece I try on makes me look WAY FATTER than the bikinis do.

I also don't carry most of my weight in my stomach, although I do have a little belly. I don't like the way I look in it, and I have cellulite all over my legs, but what can I do? I have to swim, and I just bought the suit that looked the best on me. Which happened to be a bikini. It has a little skirt thing on the bottom that is really short but manages not to look too frumpy while easing my shape a bit.

I'm still hideous, but hey. I am not wearing it to look good in, I'm wearing the least embarrassing option for working out in.
  • Anyone can wear a bikini. There is no size requirement you have to meet in order to wear one.
    It is also about confidence. Right now, I admit I am quite insecure (though I try not to be), so I probably won't wear one at this point. But anyway, try to be confident, regardless of size!
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    as soon as it dosnt cover enough to be a bathingsuit and boarders on dental floss lol

im a size 16-18 and i still do
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    When there is a fupa.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    I've been up to a 16....I am a 12....I will probably be okay wearing a bikini w/ SKIRT at 10 and a bikini at 8....I am 5'7'' w/ now B's (used to be C's) and carry most of my weight in the bottom/upper thighs.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    a little pouch is fine. anything past that just looks like your fat.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    My mom always used to say that men look at confidence over size, so I never really had a concept of being 'too big" for a bikini but about whether I feel comfortable. I want a bathing suit that makes me feel confident, and if I'm worried about cellulite I'm not going to enjoy my time on the beach, so I usually wear a size 10 two-piece, but not a bikini. :) As far as other people-- I say do what makes you happy! You're not going to bother me one bit.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I'm sure its different for everyone, but a sure sign is when you can't see the outfit anymore...

I second this motion.

Third!

It depends on the proportions and smoothness. Someone can be bigger, but still look sexy as hell. And someone can be skinny, but saggy.

But overall... if you're comfortable in it, and not indecent (nipples, pubes and buttcrack all concealed), that's the only thing that really matters. Anyone who doesn't like it can avert their eyes.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    I think when someone wears a bikini that can't quite pull it off (by societal standards).............its sexy. Probably the confidence factor...........wear what you want, its your body.....
  • I say ROCK THAT BIKINI AT ANY SIZE!! Confidence is sexier than any hot body!!!!
  • I sometimes wish people would consider what age they should stop wearing bikinis, rather what size.
    ive seen 60 yr old women with better bodys than some 20 something year olds....
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I don't think you can say what size should be the cut off because different people carry their weight differently.

BTW, I am size 8 and I wouldn't wear a bikini if I had to. No way. No how.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    A bikini is made to show off the body.
  • Every you run or jump and your fat rolls are making clapping sound.
    You're too fat!
    When your stretch marks look like tiger stripes across your body.
    You're too fat!
    If your boobs have stretch marks and they hang to your navel.
    You're too fat!
    If you have a 6 pack or a 4 pack on your back.
    You're too fat!
    If your belly hides half of your vagina.
    You're too fat!
    If you look like Rasputia from Norbit
    You're too fat!

IM NOT BEING MEAN! IM BEING HONEST!
    lmao @ Rasputia!!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    I sometimes wish people would consider what age they should stop wearing bikinis, rather what size.

Totally!!!!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    I sometimes wish people would consider what age they should stop wearing bikinis, rather what size.

Totally!!!!
  • I sometimes wish people would consider what age they should stop wearing bikinis, rather what size.

I don't think there should be an age, if an older person has a rockin body that they are proud of why shouldn't they be able to show it off!! I hope that when I'm old I still have the confidence to wear one!!

I agree that it shouldn't matter what age if you've got it. There was a picture of Helen Mirren a couple of years back and she looked amazing and I believe she is in her 60's!
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Hell at a size 16 I was wearing a bikini with other drunken friends and didn't give a ****. If you're comfortable do it. If other people don't like it, they can advert their eyes or leave. I never seen a sign that said only skinny people in bikinis allowed here. Lol
  • I think it has a lot to do with how you are proportioned and how toned you are. I am 5'11" and with hips and a bust so I will probably never be below a size 10, even at my ideal weight. A size 12 to me is about a 6 to an 8 on most other women's scale. I have learned throughout my life to not get caught up in the size, but the way I look.
  • im a size 5 and still hate a bikini....