Dropping pounds with inspiring pals *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Wow... everyone is having great loses this week!! Congrats to all of you! Keep up the hard work!

I hope the scale is nice to me tomorrow morning, I'm a little scared... I've done pretty good over the week, I just hope my body cooperates with me.
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Down to 276.6 which is 2.2 lbs down from the week before. I already logged it into the spreadsheet. I should be in bed because I have to go take my comprehensive exam for grad school in the morning. Hubby is sick and didn't even want dinner tonight, just went straight to bed. :( Good night all!
  • theonlychuck
    theonlychuck Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i was bad tonight i had dinner not knowing any nutrition info on it and still cant find it!! i knew i wouldnt b able to , and now i dont wanna do my tae bo, being lazy and im having a girls night on top of a birthday party tomorrow!! ahh whatto do?? i need to do it tonight and a dbl tomorrow!! crapola!!!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have to say, not peeking at the scale halfway through the week was... uncomfortable. I was sort of in a tizzy about my weigh in this morning. Down 2.4 lbs from last week though *happy dance*.

Fitness friday, eh? This is definitely my weak spot at the moment. I dunno if it's the dreary weather. or that my gym was closed for 10 days, or both... but I got out of the habit of moving every day. I've been relying heavily on my Wii, which is cool - I have a Biggest Loser "game" and a Gold's Gym shapeboxing game, plus the Wii Fit Plus... so plenty to keep me busy - but an hour of exercise doesn't seem to burn much.

So... next week I'm going to try a couple of classes at my (newly renovated) gym. I want to try a spin class - it's kind of intimidating though - I'm really afraid I won't be able to keep up. And there's a strength training class at (gak!) 5:45 on Friday mornings that I'd like to make it to next week.

I'll be offline most of tomorrow and Sunday at a Big Brothers/Big Sisters camping event with my Little. I've got a pile of healthy foods to take along (carrot stix, edamame, a salad with homemade vinaigrette, and my banana-oat muffins) because I'm not quite sure what they'll be feeding us. I did a little advance research and I know that a hot dog is about 250 calories, and a 1/4 lb burger is about 350. I also know toasted marshmallows will be about 25 cal each while smores are, like, 300! LOL There'll also be all kinds of hiking and outdoor games and whatnot. Should be a blast!

So, I hope all you inspiring pals will have a lovely weekend! You've all done so very well - I'm proud of each and every one of you, and I'm glad you're on this path with me. :)

Hugs,
    Nikkie
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    First well done to everyone. My week been hectic however not looked at scales all week because of how busy I have been. However stayed with in calories for last few weeks (yesterday was bit low could of done with something extra to eat really) however since 15th been keeping my count down etc..

oimg?key=0AvtMzGbpwz-rdFEyNUI0TUtjejdWbWJOSTBiel9nVUE&oid=2&zx=oq8fpzdvzcle

@NeuroticVirgo wow lot of goodies there well done with only coming out with one thing...

@learningtoloveme wow touch wood nothing like that has every happened to us can't imagine it...

@rae_mayer does that make me an honorary lady ;)

@Nikkie_too Wow hope you weekend goes doing a good thing working with org like Big Brothers/Big Sisters.

Anyway hope everyone has a good weekend...

Russ
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    weighed in today at 228.0 again :( looks like no loss for me this week. waaa! Oh well theres always tomorrow to weigh in as well:) I weighed in early in case I eat horribly tonight....seeing as we are having company and dinner/drinks.....lol have a great weekend gals!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Weighed in at 215, a 1.5 lb loss from last week. :bigsmile:
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    So my weigh in today was 271.8 which is a loss of 1.8 from last week but it is a gain of.4 from earlier this week. I'll take it I have a feeling I am still holding on to some water with the muscle soreness. I was supposed to do cardio yesterday and just couldn't move right. I looked like I had a stick up my but when I walked it was so stiff. I swear when my quads are that sore and tight it feels like my knees hyper extend when I walk. I slathered up with icyhot last night and took advil so I feel a little better today but.....still not 100%. I'm glad I still have today to recover before I go back to the gym tomorrow!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot to weigh in!! I was going to do it on Friday and then I got busy and forgot. For those of you not on my friends list, I'm having car and financial issues... yes they are related! BOO ON NOT WINNING THE LOTO! Oh wait, you have to play to win don't 'cha?

Anywhoo, So I got up this morning and weighed myself again after running my hands all over my smaller mid section and telling myself how pretty I look (OUT LOUD) in the mirror! So my offical weight as of today is 252.4lbs which is great because I didn't go to the gym on a regular basis last week since my car died on Wednesday! I hope everyone has a great week losing and I hope many people get lots of NSV as well as SV this week!!
  • Finigan84
    Options
    Lost 3 pounds this week. Down to 243.4. The weekend has been rough. I didn't go over in calories but I did eat back most of my exercise calories which I rarely do. I need to make better food choices today. Now...I can't decide whether to work out or not. Stupid FM is causing so much pain today.

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully this will be the start of a great week!
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    First well done to everyone. My week been hectic however not looked at scales all week because of how busy I have been. However stayed with in calories for last few weeks (yesterday was bit low could of done with something extra to eat really) however since 15th been keeping my count down etc..

oimg?key=0AvtMzGbpwz-rdFEyNUI0TUtjejdWbWJOSTBiel9nVUE&oid=2&zx=oq8fpzdvzcle

@NeuroticVirgo wow lot of goodies there well done with only coming out with one thing...

@learningtoloveme wow touch wood nothing like that has every happened to us can't imagine it...

@rae_mayer does that make me an honorary lady ;)

@Nikkie_too Wow hope you weekend goes doing a good thing working with org like Big Brothers/Big Sisters.

Anyway hope everyone has a good weekend...

Russ

Haha! Sorry Russ! You can be an honorary lady if you'd like! :flowerforyou:
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I totally failed the no scale challenge but still had a great week. I am down 4lbs to 249.4.

I have one more week of 30DS! I'm pretty sure I am going to continue it into next month- I can totally see the results! I should be on level 3 by now but I am still sweating out level 2. Just trucking along at my own pace.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    We've had some great losses this week! Good work everyone! Not everyone's week-2 weights are in yet, but so far we've lost almost 62lbs as a group (thanks for the total, Russ). That's awesome!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! The kids ran the grownups ragged over a couple of days. We did a fair bit of hiking and frisbee-tossing. I treated myself to a nap this afternoon. Hehehe.

Hope you all had a great weekend too and are ready to tackle the next week! :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone, tomorrows the final day to weigh in for this week! Don't forget to do it in the morning. :)

I'm so close to -50lbs. It makes me want to magically lose 3lbs this week just to see that nice round number! crazy_smiley3.gif

Starting 30 Day Shred tomorrow (thanks to all of you already doing it! Got me motivated to get off my butt!)....I'm getting a little ahead of myself...but I think if I can finish 30 Day Shred I want to do P90x next :noway: BUT...we'll have to see if I die while trying to accomplish all 30 days of shred first.
  • Godhas8
    Godhas8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone... I am at 284.6 - so, I am down 5-lbs. for the week.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Hello Everyone... I am at 284.6 - so, I am down 5-lbs. for the week.

WOW! Great loss this week! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    week3a.jpg

Questions you should think about every week. This weeks challenge is to go over each question and answer them. You can share your answers here if you would like. But you don't have too if you would rather keep them private.

1. When I looked in the mirror, what’s the first thought I had?
    "Rejecting and criticizing what you see in the mirror changes nothing. Accepting and respecting what you see changes everything!" - Elizabeth Patch

Tip: If looking in the mirror is a negative experience, think about saying something positive instead, whether you believe it 100 percent or not. Think about one of your favorite features (or a “neutral” feature that you can’t find fault with). Think about what features you got from mom and dad. Or, next time, just smile at yourself — that’s it. Just practice looking at yourself and smiling.

2. This past week, what’s one thing I did to improve my body image or to lead a healthier life?

3. What’s one way I will improve my body image this week?

4. Have I read something inspiring, uplifting or joyful?

5. What is something that made me laugh or smile?

6. What did I struggle with?

7. What is one thing my body helped me do last week?

8. How did I help someone else?

9. What made me feel beautiful this week?

10. What am I thankful for?
    "God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?" ~William A. Ward
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome challenge :)
  • pattynava
    Options
    Hi everyone....
    SW:280
    GW: 170
    Weight Now: 275...so far 5lbs lost, in 2 1/2 weeks:smile:
    Hope everyone has a FaNtAsTiC DaY =)
  • Mswife09