Options
    Need some motivation... Failing miserably over here.:sad:

TNAJackson - what's goin' on girl?
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options

I'm stressed out of my mind and I'm taking it out on myself! I eat when I'm depressed (wish I had the opposite problem). Life is rough and having to deal with the struggles of weight and weight loss makes it even more rough! I think one of my biggest problems is learning to shop differently. I have a hard time stearing away from frozen foods and into the produce department!! Just changing my way of thinking too... I don't NEED that entire pie. I don't NEED that 1/2 of an XLarge pizza. I'm really really NOT that hungry! I just can't make myself stop!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options

I'm stressed out of my mind and I'm taking it out on myself! I eat when I'm depressed (wish I had the opposite problem). Life is rough and having to deal with the struggles of weight and weight loss makes it even more rough! I think one of my biggest problems is learning to shop differently. I have a hard time stearing away from frozen foods and into the produce department!! Just changing my way of thinking too... I don't NEED that entire pie. I don't NEED that 1/2 of an XLarge pizza. I'm really really NOT that hungry! I just can't make myself stop!!!

Make a grocery list before you go shopping, then don't buy ANYTHING that's not on the list. Even if your walking along and your like "oops I forgot to put eggs on the list" ... Oh WELL! It will still take will power, but you are not having to make any decisions while being surrounded by food. You have to stick to the list though. If your kids are whining because they REALLY want something, to bad, not on the list! You forgot to put something on the list earlier, to bad, it wasn't on the list! You will have to get it next time you go.

At least this helps me, its much easier for me to stay clear of the cereal isle if I don't need anything from it...vs if I'm just winging it, the its like "errr...um...I might need cereal....I dunno...I'll just walk down the isle until I can remember *puts 4 types of fiber/granola bars into basket that we didn't need*.

Also look at the stuff that is stressing you out. Is any of it "fixable". Sometimes I'll just be overwhelmed with housework, regular work, children etc. But some of that I can tackle. Grandma can watch the kiddo while I clean up the house. Gives me a break from the kid, lets me focus on 1 thing and just bust it out. That way I don't feel like everything is coming at me at once. Just suggestions!

You'll get through this. Rough times always pass.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options

I'm going to piggyback on NeuroticVirgo's excellent advice. Making a grocery list is key for me too, and so is making sure I've eaten before shopping. I try to go after a meal, but even a Fiber One bar on the way there seems to help. In order to make my list, I decide what I'm going to cook and prep for snacks for the week, then build my list for that. The list of meals/snacks goes on the fridge so I always know what I can make that day. It seems to keep me from opening in the fridge, getting discouraged, and ordering pizza.

I really find it takes a lot of effort and organization to eat well and exercise right, and manage all the other things in life (cooking, cleaning, working, studying, family, friends, etc). It's worth it though. :)

You can do this! And you don't need to do it all at once. I started with food - getting that part right most of the time. Then added a bit of exercise - walking to work most days. Finally I'm working up to going to the gym a couple/few days each week. It felt like a saner approach - for me - everyone's different. You'll find what works for you.
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Here's what I do usually when I go to the supermarket. I only stay on the outside perimeter of the store. That's where all the fresh bread, produce, meats etc are. I rarely go into the center aisles unless it's to get items like pasta, rice, beans etc. Perhaps make it a point one day to just do the outside, and go with a list of essentials you need from the center aisles and get those towards the end of your trip. Also, only go to the aisles where you know those items are, so you're not stuck going "ooooh, yes, i think i'll get that". Also, what neurotic and nikkie said, lol
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just posted my weight for the week. Down 1 pound. Started out the week with a mini challenge of walk 3 miles and 60 push ups a day. Got in a total of 1.75 miles walking and about 100 pushups before life took over and I had to make choices like do homework or not get fired. I suffered because of those choices but I knew when i signed up for grad school that it was going to be a sucky 2 years. I am getting close to the end. What did I learn from the week...I enjoyed the walking...it was 20 minutes of ME time. But on the down side...even the walking hurt my knee. This week's challenge - 50 jumping jacks a day and 3 miles walking. Yay for personal mini goals! I want to lose 2 pounds next week but I know that I cannot always control what goes on on the scale. I will try though. This weekend is going to be tough because I have a wedding to attend, tailgating to conquer, and a fancy steak dinner to boot. Throw on that 2 days of being out and having to cram all the rest of the homework onto Sunday as well as grocery shop as we are almost completely out of groceries. Say a little prayer for me.
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Had to share this with all of you! These two pics are taken just 2 weeks shy of a year apart.
    2955898_3036.jpg
    Its amazing what a difference a year makes.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plateau for a month now - it's annoying. I got sick yesterday so ate really bad cheesy food and today I had a double amount of steel cut oats and it pretty much took me to my calorie limit for the day. Why is it when you are sick you just want to eat everything. I guess I'm going to try and get a workout in today, but I'm not sure if you are suppose to with a fever, I'm guessing it's not going to hurt so will give it a try. Sorry to vent.

Recipe, since I never posted one this week For those that like spicy food, or have access to kimchee at the grocery store:

Kimchee Beef Tofu soup (I almost always make this when I'm sick, or I do the spicy bean tofu one)
    1 lb stew beef (cut chunks of beef to bite size)
    1/2 firm tofu (cut into 1 inch square chunks) (this is optional)
    Kimchee (put as much as you want)
    Garlic (put as much as you want)
    salt (to taste)

throw the stew beef in a pot of water with the garlic, some salt and the kimchee with it's juice. Bring to a rolling boil.
    lower the heat and add the tofu, taste, add salt as needed. If you want it spicier, add some red pepper flakes. After a couple minutes (you are just heating up the tofu) go ahead and dig in.

Depending how much stuff you throw in the soup, the average is about 400 calories a serving and you get HUGE serving portions, like I use the a mid size dutch oven to cook the soup in, and I fill the thing up to the top, and I only get 3 servings out of it
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    That is fantastic NaeSue!......You're right...what a difference a year can make! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and may your life be filled with all the blessings the Lord has to offer :heart:
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    Naesue- Way to go! You can really see the difference! That's great!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    @naesue - You look great in that dress, and you can see a different everywhere. You've lost a little of the girls, but I actually think it helps. Makes you have a sexy hourglass look, curvy on top, little waist, and curvy bottom. :wink:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Friday Fitness - I've been killing myself this week to try and keep up with the biggest loser challenge. 1000 calorie burns everyday is incredibly hard! I'm having to do 3-4 different work outs a day! Ugh.... So far I've been sticking with 30 Day Shred except for on my rest days. Yesterday I went swimming (laps...oiy...hard also) because its technically my rest day, but I wanted to still bring home a burn for the challenge.

But on average, the 2 workouts I've been doing everyday is 30 Day Shred & speed walking (4mph) 3 miles.

What is everyone else doing at the moment?
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm with you neurotic. Daily 30DS (except today, just couldn't face Jillian), daily walks at 4mph, lots of pushups and situps etc, and elliptical. Trying to max out my daily burn for the Biggest Loser challenge too, lol. RADICAL REDS FTW!
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    Fitness Friday- Well I've been doing 30DS since Tuesday (today was a personal rest day) and it seems to vary day to day if I do well or not! Other than that I'm going to try a bunch of new classes at this gym trial I have for the month. I'm also doing a water aerobics class tomorrow morning. Basically I'm trying to get a good variety in so I don't get bored! :tongue:

Has anyone ever taken a "BodyJam", "BodyPump" or "BodyAttack" class? I think they're all based out of the same group, but I just don't know which one(s) I should try.
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well done on the 30DS results. I am on my second day of Turbo Fire plan also I have started to add walking to and from work. Made some big differences and also like Turbo Fire but heck is hard work. However what needed to keep me from making excuses not to do it.

Let me know how it is. I really want to try turbo fire, but I'm pretty sure it'll kick my butt. Is it the same people that make Insanity?

Its by the same people. Beach body makes A LOT of videos. I don't think its as intense as insanity though. Speaking of Insanity....I'm thinking of trying it after 30 Day Shred...but wondering if it will be too much. :noway:

Sorry for lack of posting life been hectic. This week been a mixed bag started TurboFire missed one day (thurs) when I was not feeling 100% however the experience been quite good like emphases on altering the exercise to make it more appropriate for you.

Positives this week the bosses booked a message therapist for everyone and luckily it aligned with my rest day as well. Also work started on shower at work and then work will start on the gym (initially will be a screened off area below the offices however that is to get it up and running then they are going to make it a separate room).

I also started to log my walking to and from work that makes a big difference to my figures.

As NeuroticVirgo says the TurboFire by Beach Body will have to try others once completed TurboFire.

@naesue Great loss well done..

@TNAJackson As others said going shopping after lunch so that no hungry is always a good start.

@ADTeachTX Well done on the loss..

Anyway well done everyone great work...
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm bad, I've been not paying attention to the group! I'm so sorry!!

Here's my weigh in (As of this morning!!!) I'm at 248.6lbs I was at 250 yesterday and I wasn't gonna weigh in today for fear of gain, but I was half asleep when I got up to pee this morning so I just did it out of pattern (I've been weighing myself every day till I got to 250) and it was lower than yesterday.

My car finally got returned to me!!! My Kia Rio (her name is RIO! no seriously, my Rio's name is Rio... I know I'm lame!!) had to have her engine replaced, 2 weeks and $4K later she's back in front of my house and drivable!!! I know she was pricey to fix, but the good thing is her new engine only has 21k miles on it (Her original was at 110k) That means that my baby will probably run for another 10 years as long as we take care of her and replace her timing belt on time (that was the issue this time, it was loose and jumped forward in time and ruined my engine!!)

ANYWHOOOOO! I've also been studying because I don't want to have to take my Bio201 class over and right now I'm no longer failing the class, but I'd like to get my low C up to a low B... We will see what happens!!!

And lastly, if anyone has any suggestions on where or what brand I could buy of cheap but good bras I'd love for you to message me. Almost all my bras are Victoria's Secret bras (Pricey!!!) and they are almost all 40D and I'm now finding I may be a 38 Almost D... How expensive are Playtex bras and are the good and where do I find them? (UGH! I didn't want to lose in my chest but don't cha know that's where I've lost!!) I've also started to alter (Sew) some of my bras just to keep my girls cozy and lifted...
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Almost ready to switch over :bigsmile:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    :drinker:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Alright should be the last post , Don't get lost! Click the link's below to go to the new TOPIC!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    189349_261379533878643_100000197965864_1235123_5154612_n.jpg

:heart: Hey everyone! So we have some old members and new members in the mix today, and a few changes. I'm sure these first few pages will go by fast due to everyone getting to know each other, but rest assure we'll all find a groove and a more manageable pace over the next few weeks. Feel free to add each other!

So here is the deal:

Weekly Weigh-Ins: (mandatory) - Every week you need to weigh in and post your new weight between Friday and Monday (Monday before noon please). I'm going to keep track of the groups progress, and will post our results Monday night or Tuesday. Lets all reach our goals together! :flowerforyou:

Daily Check-ins: (optional but recommend)- Check in everyday. Did you stay under calories? Drink at least 8 cups of water? Get in some exercise? Have something good happen today? Let us know your doing well, and also let us know if your struggling. We are here to help each other. Got a craving, post, whine, vent, do what you need to do to move forward.

Weekly Challenges: (optional) - We will have weekly challenges. These can be physical challenges, mental challenges, emotional challenges... I will post the weekly challenge every Monday morning.

idea-013.gif Have an idea for a weekly challenge? Send me a message (because I know I won't be able to come up with something alone every week!)

red_arrow_small.gifMonday (NSV - Non-Scale-Victory) Day: (optional) - The scale is a great way to track your progress, but its the small victories we have that keep us going! We all need to focus on the positive aspects getting healthy brings! Did you fit in a smaller size? Maybe you ran a whole minute, when you couldn't even run at all before? These are all positive changes. :bigsmile:

red_arrow_small.gifWednesday Recipe Day: (optional) - Have a recipe you love that's low calorie and filling? Found a awesome food or snack at the grocery store, let us all know about it! Of course your welcome to share your food for though at any time, this is just extra incentive to share.

red_arrow_small.gifFriday Fitness Day: (optional) - What are you doing to work out and burn calories? Maybe sharing your work out plan will help motivate others to step it up or even get started! Sharing is caring! (LOL!)

:indifferent: On a side note. Being part of a support group and losing weight calls for commitment. We all understand that not everyone can hop on the computer everyday. We do need each member to check in AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK Even if its just a quick, "Hey, I'm alive, doing good, seeya!" . If you are unable to check in for a while, let us know why before you disappear. Life getting a bit hectic? Need a breather? Going on Vacation? We can only support you if you are here.

This is not to discourage anyone, but members who disappear for long periods of time may find themselves not a member anymore. This is why its important to let us know whats going on before you disappear! If you see that someone has not posted in a while, check on them! Maybe they are struggling and too afraid to ask for help. But there is only so much we can do, we can't force people to be involved. And remember, receiving support is just as important as giving it.

This is a closed group. This will help keep the group from becoming to overwhelming. Do not feel that you have to respond to every post! If you have time, and can, then GREAT! But this group is to help motivate, not meant to take over your life, or make you feel discouraged if you can't keep up with every single post.

Now lets get this party started! party-smiley-17091.gif

Members: ADTeachTX ♥ Aleciajones ♥ andijohn ♥ atd81 ♥ BrendarB ♥ CamelotKennedys ♥ caroltina ♥ chrystal559 ♥ Claudia007 ♥ cobarlo14 ♥ Familiar ♥ Finigan84 ♥ Godhas8 ♥ Jade39 ♥ Kacky641 ♥ KateHubb ♥ kcb315 ♥ kimberly702 ♥ KLi531 ♥ krismsulli ♥ Laurathabomb ♥ Learning2LoveMe ♥ LifeAfter29 ♥ megamoo04 ♥ melkadee ♥ Melroxsox ♥ mrnls ♥ mrssavvysteve ♥ naesue ♥ NeuroticVirgo ♥ Nikkie_too ♥ pattynava ♥ radianthippychick ♥ rae_mayer ♥ razzyjazz ♥ rebecky27 ♥ russdev ♥ SnuggieMeeko ♥ tamanella ♥ theonlychuck ♥ TNAJackson ♥ Tonnina

*If I forgot your name let me know (lots of people lol).