Dropping pounds with inspiring pals *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    @ NeuroticVirgo Yes, Once I find a fabulous hat to go with my outfit i will be taking a pic of all three of us in our pirate outfits. our church does a Trunk or Treat every year and it is huge we are talking about hundreds of kids from all over come for it. One year they had close to 1100! So our family will hopefully be sponsoring a Trunk and I am going to try to rig up something to fit into the hatch back to look like the front of a pirate ship. I have to say I lol'd when I read your comment about the red riding hood and wolf.

So TOM is supposed to be showing up later this week I have been having some cramps so I know it will hoping it doesn't last as long as the last one. Thursday this week is my next lazer hair removal apt and then next week is my biopsy. Still hanging in there and now with the new challenge that Neuroticvirgo and I are doing I have a new different focus so I am not preocupied by the waiting. Oh and this sunday my husband is going to be shooting his scene for an upcomming movie that he is going to be in. He's not really an actor but my cousin is and he is staring in the movie and they are filming some opening story scenes and needed someone to play one of the main characters and my cousin though that my husband was the perfect shape and size to do it. If you want to check it out the movie is called Little Creeps and you can search for it on IMDB.com or just do a search for it and you should come up with a couple of articles on it. My cousing is Nicholas Joseph Mackey staring as professor 2 and is in quite a few scenes with Dustin Diamond (Screech). Kind of cool stuff! So anyway I hope you all have an awesome week and keep burning those calories! I burned 1000+ today and plan on doing the same tomorrow and every day this week!
  • naesue
    Options
    1000 CALS burned yesterday and 1100 cals burned today I am on a roll baby!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I don't die tomorrow.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    @naesue - Woo Hoo on the Calorie Burns! :) That's really neat about the movie, I'll have to look it up later!

I'm attempting this week to not look at the scale until Friday (again!)....Its really difficult for me to not peek at the scale. But I'm hoping if I bust my *kitten* this week, that I'll weigh in at 219 on Friday. That would put me officially out of the 220's! Then I'm just counting down till Onederland! I can't believe I'm actually getting so close. I remember feeling like it was so far away it would be impossible. I started at 272, and the idea of even getting back to the 220's felt like it would never happen, and getting under 200 was an impossibility. I'm super psyched right now.! and...that scares the crap out of me! lol I don't like to get my hopes up, because then if I'm disappointed its like a one way ticket to depressed ville.

Anyhoo! Just thought I'd share all this conflicted-ness.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Burned 280 calories yesterday... gonna shoot a little higher today!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Burned 280 calories yesterday... gonna shoot a little higher today!

That's awesome! :) Keep it going!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    naesue - rock on with the calorie burns - that's fantastic!

yesterday I was able to burn 590, but I accidently reset my HRM, so I might be off by about 15 min of exercise
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options

yesterday I was able to burn 590, but I accidently reset my HRM, so I might be off by about 15 min of exercise

Was part of that from Shred?
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Sorry you guys for being such a gump. . I haven't posted in here in a while. . Love you all. . I promise to be more active. . But I have renewed my attitude and am starting over with this whole weightloss thing. .

I am not going to kick myself. . just focus and get it done. .

How is everyone here doing? :bigsmile:
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I finally finished the 30 day shred yesterday! I took 3 days off in September so I didn't want to do any measurements or anything until I had completed 30 days. I also didn't measure my arms or legs at all. I probably should have because I rocked a whole lot of girlie push ups but those aren't really my problem areas.

Total loss: -10lbs
    waist: -4"
    hips: -2.5"
    under boob: -3"
    (I have no idea what this area is called!)

I also made September my Elliptical month so I was at the gym at least 4 nights a week. I thought I would lose a little more weight than I did. Damn you PCOS!!

I know a bunch of you are currently doing 30DS so I hope this helps push you through. I think I might try to continue, but I need at least a 2-3 day Jillian rest...
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    I finally finished the 30 day shred yesterday! I took 3 days off in September so I didn't want to do any measurements or anything until I had completed 30 days. I also didn't measure my arms or legs at all. I probably should have because I rocked a whole lot of girlie push ups but those aren't really my problem areas.

I also made September my Elliptical month so I was at the gym at least 4 nights a week. I thought I would lose a little more weight than I did. Damn you PCOS!!

I know a bunch of you are currently doing 30DS so I hope this helps push you through. I think I might try to continue, but I need at least a 2-3 day Jillian rest...

That's amazing! Congratulations! That's very inspirational for me because I keep starting 30DS but then I stop after 3 days. The workout is difficults still, but it's almost like I get bored with it. :grumble:
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I forgot about this weeks challenge yesterday :o( going to the gym tonight and get caught up if I can.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options

Um....I will totally take a -4" on my waist! LOL I hope I'm as lucky as you by the time I finish!
  • BrendarB
    Options

Was part of that from Shred?

Yep, I had turned off the hrm right before and forgot to turn it back on
  • BrendarB
    Options

Fantastic results - I'm doing the 30 ds part time to augment my normal workouts so won't do it every day
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well done on the 30DS results. I am on my second day of Turbo Fire plan also I have started to add walking to and from work. Made some big differences and also like Turbo Fire but heck is hard work. However what needed to keep me from making excuses not to do it.
  • naesue
    Options
    OMG I just got a phone call from my dad my step brother, who is only 29 with two young children and a wife, suffered a pulmonary embolism today had a massive heart attack and passed away. I am in complete shock right now and am fighting the urge to undo everything I did today and eat that whole damn pie that is sitting in my kitchen. He was an awesome musician with a beautiful voice. His oldest child has learning problems and is possibly autistic. I am praying tonight for my step mom and for his young wife I can only imagine what they are going through tonight and what the upcomming days, weeks, months, and years are going to look like.
  • andijohn
    Options
    1000 CALS burned yesterday and 1100 cals burned today I am on a roll baby!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I don't die tomorrow.

Awesome burns!! Keep it up, you won't die :wink:
  • andijohn
    Options

that is some awesome resluts! 4 inches lost in your waist....DANG!!
  • andijohn
    Options
    OMG I just got a phone call from my dad my step brother, who is only 29 with two young children and a wife, suffered a pulmonary embolism today had a massive heart attack and passed away. I am in complete shock right now and am fighting the urge to undo everything I did today and eat that whole damn pie that is sitting in my kitchen. He was an awesome musician with a beautiful voice. His oldest child has learning problems and is possibly autistic. I am praying tonight for my step mom and for his young wife I can only imagine what they are going through tonight and what the upcomming days, weeks, months, and years are going to look like.

Wow, I am so so sorry for your loss, that is extreamly hard...Take time to mourn, but don't undo your great work, keep your changed habits in check. Again, so sad for you loss..
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options

What a shock! Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

The pie won't make you feel better... especially the whole darned thing. But it's not unreasonable to have a slice.