Dropping pounds with inspiring pals *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    OMG I just got a phone call from my dad my step brother, who is only 29 with two young children and a wife, suffered a pulmonary embolism today had a massive heart attack and passed away. I am in complete shock right now and am fighting the urge to undo everything I did today and eat that whole damn pie that is sitting in my kitchen. He was an awesome musician with a beautiful voice. His oldest child has learning problems and is possibly autistic. I am praying tonight for my step mom and for his young wife I can only imagine what they are going through tonight and what the upcomming days, weeks, months, and years are going to look like.

So sorry to hear that. I have your whole family in my prayers!
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Having an up and down week. Got some great burns in Sunday and Monday, although probably not 250 or more, but more than I have done in a while consistently and purposely. Today, not so much. Hoping that my 500 overage today doesn't cause a disappointment on the scale in the morning. Trying to stay on top of grad school, work, paying bills, getting enough sleep, watching my diet, being a mom, and a busy social life. Some days it is good and others like today kind of suck. I am sorry to hear about the several unexpected life changes that are happening in the group. Makes my problems very light in comparison. I urge everyone no matter what is going on in your life to keep trying to do this. It is not one day that kills us but the lifetime of bad habits and addictive behaviors. I keep trying to remember that.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    OMG I just got a phone call from my dad my step brother, who is only 29 with two young children and a wife, suffered a pulmonary embolism today had a massive heart attack and passed away. I am in complete shock right now and am fighting the urge to undo everything I did today and eat that whole damn pie that is sitting in my kitchen. He was an awesome musician with a beautiful voice. His oldest child has learning problems and is possibly autistic. I am praying tonight for my step mom and for his young wife I can only imagine what they are going through tonight and what the upcomming days, weeks, months, and years are going to look like.

Sorry to hear news my thoughts with you...
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

wow... that is crazy. You never really expect young people to have things like that happen to them.. I can't imagine the shock you all must be going through. You & your family are in my thoughts. So sorry for your loss *hugs* :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

I am so sorry for your loss. He was so young, that's horrible. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well done on the 30DS results. I am on my second day of Turbo Fire plan also I have started to add walking to and from work. Made some big differences and also like Turbo Fire but heck is hard work. However what needed to keep me from making excuses not to do it.

Let me know how it is. I really want to try turbo fire, but I'm pretty sure it'll kick my butt. Is it the same people that make Insanity?
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    QUOTE:
    "Tue 10/04/11 11:05 PM
    OMG I just got a phone call from my dad my step brother, who is only 29 with two young children and a wife, suffered a pulmonary embolism today had a massive heart attack and passed away. I am in complete shock right now and am fighting the urge to undo everything I did today and eat that whole damn pie that is sitting in my kitchen. He was an awesome musician with a beautiful voice. His oldest child has learning problems and is possibly autistic. I am praying tonight for my step mom and for his young wife I can only imagine what they are going through tonight and what the upcomming days, weeks, months, and years are going to look like."

SO SORRY for your loss....My thoughts & Prayers be with you. Sorry i don't know how to do the blue box you guys do for quotes yet..
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    at the bottom of ever post there are three options reply, quote, and report, just hit the reply and it will automatically highlight it in blue just make sure that you start your typing after all of the other stuff.
  • naesue
    Options
    Thank you all for your prayers, had a really rough night didn't sleep much and cried most of the night and when I did sleep I dreamed about my brother. I'm not even hungry today and dont know how much Im going to be in the mood to exercise but I am going to try.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Recipe Wednesday!

I love making fajitas and having leftover components in containers in the fridge for quick healthy meals later on. Here's my basic "recipe"

Container 1 - Peppers and Onions
    1 large onion, cut into strips/thin wedges
    2 sweet peppers cut into strips
    * Grill in a grill basket or on high-heat in a grill/sautee pan on the stove until just tender. I like to leave them halfway crispy. :)

Container 2 - Veggie bean & corn base
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 teaspoons hot chili powder (or regular chili powder with added cayenne or hot sauce - heat to taste)
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 lime, zested and juiced
    6 oz frozen corn kernels
    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    * Mix everything together and let it sit about an hour before serving.

Container 3 - Meat (if you like...)
    •3 Tbsp. cornstarch
    •2 Tbsp. chili powder
    •1 Tbsp. salt
    •1 Tbsp. paprika
    •1 Tbsp. sugar
    •2-1/2 tsp. crushed chicken bouillon cube
    •1-1/2 tsp. onion powder
    •1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    •1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    •1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
    •1/2 tsp. cumin
    From http://busycooks.about.com/od/homemademixes/r/fajitaseasonmix.htm
    * Combine all ingredients. This makes a lot... I make it once and use it several times.
    * Cut chicken or steak into strips and rub with the mix.
    * Grill or sautee on high heat.

Then just build your favorite fajita! Add salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, guacamole as you like (and calories allow). Put it in a Flat-out wrap (100 calories!), or build it into a salad over lettuce using sour cream and salsa as a "dressing".

Enjoy! :)
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Thanks....I saw that =) just never thought about what it meant...duh...:blushing:
  • naesue
    Options
    Wednesday Recipe day

Southwest Turkey Bake

1 pound extra lean ground turkey
    1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 cup salsa
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/8 tsp ground red pepper
    1 package (8 1/2 oz) corn muffin mix
    1/4 reduced sodium chicken broth
    1 egg
    3/4 cup shredded reduced fat mexican cheese blend

1. preheat oven to 400 Brown turkey in a large nonstick skilet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, stirring to break up meat. Stir in beans, salsa, cumin and red pepper; simmer 2 minutes.
    2. Spoon turkey misture into 13x9 inch baking dish
    3. Combine corn muffin mix, broth and egg in medium bowl; mix well. Spread over turkey mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
    4. Bake 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.

Nutrition info: Servings 8
    Cal, 267; Total Fat, 7g; Sat Fat, 2g; Cholesterol, 61mg; Sodium, 640mg; Carbs, 29g; fiber, 5g; protein, 21g.
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry for your loss naesue :( *hugs*
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Well...since most of you are on my friends you probably already saw this! LOL ... But I'll post anyways. (I'm otherwise lacking recipes haha)

This was kind of a run off of hungry girls chocolate pumpkin brownie muffins.

CAKESOUP-003.jpg

Ingredients
    1 Box Angel Food Cake Mix
    1 15 oz can Pumpkin (purred pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling)
    1 tsp nut meg
    1 tsp cinnamon
    6 tbsp white chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven to 375

1) Combine Cake mix, spices and pumpkin a bowl. Mix with electric mixer until smooth. (mix will start to puff up if you just leave it out, so don't let it sit to long).

2) Add chocolate chips, mix in with a spoon or spatula.

3) Spray Muffin/Cupcake tin with non-stick spray, and evenly destitute batter.

4) Bake for 20 minutes, or until you can poke a tooth pick in the middle and it comes out clean.

Makes 12 Full sized muffins.

Per serving (1 muffin)

Calories: 187 Carbs: 39 Fiber: 2 Fat: 2 Protein: 3 Sugar: 29 Sodium: 317
  • naesue
    Options
    wow we are on page 20 already pretty soon we will jump to a new thread. That is pretty crazy. I'm doing much better guys. had kind of a bad eating day and a really low exercise day but I will be back on top of it tomorrow. Funeral plans have been made and this is going to be a huge funeral he was a very loved individual. He was a friend to many and an enemie to none. So now I need to find something fabulous to wear! I have not seen many of these people since High school and the family in a long time and most because of facebook know that I have been working hard to lose this weight and have recently hit the 50 lbs lost mark. So I want to look my absolutely best and thinnest. Thinking I may need to go shopping!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    @naesue - If you buy a dress, totally look for one with a belt. I swear it drops like an extra 20lbs from the whole "look" because it makes your waist look tiny! That is great to hear that he was such a good person!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    QUOTE:
    "Tue 10/04/11 11:05 PM
    OMG I just got a phone call from my dad my step brother, who is only 29 with two young children and a wife, suffered a pulmonary embolism today had a massive heart attack and passed away. I am in complete shock right now and am fighting the urge to undo everything I did today and eat that whole damn pie that is sitting in my kitchen. He was an awesome musician with a beautiful voice. His oldest child has learning problems and is possibly autistic. I am praying tonight for my step mom and for his young wife I can only imagine what they are going through tonight and what the upcomming days, weeks, months, and years are going to look like."

SO SORRY for your loss....My thoughts & Prayers be with you. Sorry i don't know how to do the blue box you guys do for quotes yet..

Just hit the Quote button instead of reply. Then make sure you start typing your response after the [/quote ] (that way your response isn't in the blue. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Well done on the 30DS results. I am on my second day of Turbo Fire plan also I have started to add walking to and from work. Made some big differences and also like Turbo Fire but heck is hard work. However what needed to keep me from making excuses not to do it.

Let me know how it is. I really want to try turbo fire, but I'm pretty sure it'll kick my butt. Is it the same people that make Insanity?

Its by the same people. Beach body makes A LOT of videos. I don't think its as intense as insanity though. Speaking of Insanity....I'm thinking of trying it after 30 Day Shred...but wondering if it will be too much. :noway:
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Need some motivation... Failing miserably over here.:sad: