WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Michele- Once your milk/yogurt has been heated then cooled; you can add 1/4-1/3 cup of fresh whey (like from your last batch of yogurt), stir it in then begin the fermentation process.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Heather- Okay. Who made you the "get butter" card? lol HILARIOUS!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    I feel better despite a crazy night. The house fire alarm went off several times, but no fire. My dad says it was the humidifier on the furnace.

I went to bed early and did not sit through my parents supper. I set out my mom's pills and told her they were out, but she didn't take them. Oh well I can only do so much.

Annie in Delaware
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    So sad to hear about Gordon Lightfoot passing.. I so enjoyed his music
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Allie—I liked Gordon Lightfoot’s music, too. He will be remembered by many of us. 💖.

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    KJ - That is Max's sense of humour! :p

H xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,385 Member
    Options
    Heather - so glad you got seen! Here's to a quick and pain-free recovery.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Oh Heather im so sorry to hesr you fractured is it your hand or wrist? Im not good at reading xrays..
    Im hoping it will heal quick and you'll be set for the cruise..
    Miles is up from his nap and getting into mischief as usual lol.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Heather - take care! Hope everything heals quickly!

Kim from N. California
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    2023 Mindful May

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate helping where I can.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 1/15 100%,100%,80%,73%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 1/31 (84%,86%,94%,93%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1 0/31 (93%)
    Arm weights twice a week 0/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%)
    Meditation: daily. 1/31 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(100%,100%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 10818, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%—-9,559,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 0/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 40/208/ —(100%,100%,100%,50%should be 86 by June1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4 (100%,100%,100%,0%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 1/25 (100%,88%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 18/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700, (100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Do something kind for someone you really care about. I need to think about this and plot! I gave my son a gift card to Netflix. He needed something to make him smile.
    2. Focus on what you can do instead of what you can’t. I will try.
    3. Take a step toward an important goal no matter how small.
    4. Send a friend a photo of a time you enjoyed together.
    5. Let someone know how much they mean to you and why.
    6. Look for people doing good and reasons to be cheerful.
    7. Make a list of what matters most to you and why.
    8. Set yourself a kindness mission and help others today.
    9. What values are important to you? Find ways to use them today.
    10. Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times.
    11. Look around for things that give you a sense of awe and wonder.
    12. Listen to a favorite pieces of music and remember what it means to you.
    13. Find out about the values or traditions of another country.
    14. Get outside and notice the beauty in nature.
    15. Do something to contribute to your local community.
    16. Show your gratitude to people who are helping to make things better.
    17. Find a way to make what you do today meaningful.
    18. Send a hand written note to someone you care about.
    19. Reflect on what makes you feel valued and purposeful.
    20. Share 3 photos of things you find meaningful or memorable.
    21. Look up at the sky and remember we are a part of something bigger.
    22. Find a way to help a project or charity you care about.
    23. Recall 3 things that you’ve done that you are proud of.
    24. Make choices that have a positive impact on others today.
    25. Ask someone else what matters most to them and why.
    26. Remember an event in your life that was really meaningful.
    27. Focus on how your actions make a difference to others.
    28. Do something special and revisit in your mind tonight.
    29. Today do something to car for the natural world.
    30. Share a quote you find inspiring to give others a boost.
    31. Find three reasons to be hopeful about the future.
    RVRita in NM
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,564 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Michele, well hearing back from him was nice, and I sent him an email thanking him. And for him going the extra mile by calling my sons new command and telling him he needs to contact family, that was unexpected. But not knowing where he is, well that is mind numbing.
    Lee wrote a letter to the dept that deals with lost military so hopefully something will come from that.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I have no idea how the military works but if your son transferred to somewhere else, is he really lost?

As far as Rebecca and Lee are concerned, yes. I knew it was serious when Lee became concerned. He's been all, "he's fine; don't bother him; relax." Or something like that. But I think he finally realizes there really is a problem.

I would say my husband and his eldest son are practically estranged, but were definitely estranged when my stepson was in his 20s and into his 30s. He was active duty air force, and even though they were estranged, he still made sure his father knew where he was deployed. Whenever he moved, he let everyone know. I think Rebecca's son's behavior is not typical.

Hugs to you, Rebecca. I'm just horrified for you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Heather, I'm so sorry for your tumble. Your fracture looks painful.

Thinking of you, Kim, Katla, and KJ.

Hoping you can climb out of your funk, Rita. You've got a lot of stress in your life.

Everyone take care.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    1. Do something kind for someone you really care about. Veg prep for Joe.
    2. Focus on what you can do instead of what you can’t. Update Dear Joe binder, be thankful able to do PT.
    Joe’s off to echo cardiogram, required by the colonoscopy MD who actually put a stethoscope on Joe and heard a heart murmur. Neither of us have had an MD use a stethoscope or his hands on us since before we left Boise.
    Weird weight stuff. The last four days of my recent discomfort, weight stayed absolutely the same. The day of the first relief, it went UP two tenths of a pound. The next morning it was DOWN 2.4 lbs. Back up 2.4 this morning. A reminder to focus on other healthful indicators and not stress about the scale. s0959.gif
    Welcome @sarahbriston Sarah from Scotland! Con VERY gratulations for quitting smoking. It is the number one most important think you can do for your health. Know how hard it is, but it does get easier. I’ve been smoke free since 1999 and after a few months no longer thought or dreamt about it, thank goodness ;) The gum was my saving grace and I was on it for six months.
    Welcome @dianem130 Diane from NYC con VERY gratulations for quitting smoking too! (see above to Sarah from Scotland). Well done!
    Welcome @Kimmy6364 ! Always happy to hear about another hummingbird feed-er. ;)
    Thanks pip. Does your AppleWatch indicate blood pressure or oxygen?
    Heather, Yikes! No wonder you were shaken. Thankful to be reminded that there are good, caring people like Gary and Patricia in the world today. :heart: Love max’s “Get beutter” soon sense of humor. Took me a moment :laugh: “…grateful I am not dead…” amen, sister, amen! Oh dear, broken wrist. Glad you had it seen to, despite the long wait and possible cruise impact.
    Lisa “… a reasonably swift resolution would be spiffy if it's available.” Understatement of the year(s)!
    Katla ((hugs)) Hope you’ll see some hummers when the Illinois weather warms up. Also hope you and yours were far from that dust storm.
    Lanette, dang! I could have added chia seeds to this morning’s oats. Next time ;) Fingers X’d for Miss Kitty.
    Terri glad to hear you’re healing so fast!
    Beth I wish my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Alas, it's the biggest part of me. :sick:
    Rita “don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good” Your stats look pretty danged good to me! Glad you backed off the arm weights after hurting your shoulder. Safety first.
    Pip HR 190 didn’t feel like it?!? Can not imagine.
    Allie what an angel Miles is when sleeping. Sad to hear about Gordon Lightfoot too. What a gift he was.
    Vicki if the gal was willing, could she work enough hours in your facility to pay for her medical insurance and un-subsidized housing? Not here where rents are out of sight :sad: Sorry to hear about the side effects you’re suffering. Are the shots a long term thing?
    Ginny (and Annie) “…I hate colds” Ditto.
    Rebecca ((hugs)) words fail. (((hugsheldextralong)))
    Kay well done for dancing. Would love to her your “Justice vs Just Us” spin.
    Debbie Wow. 5.5 miles AND Zumba. You are an energizer bunny!
    Michele sounds like the pedometer is toast, sorry.
    Tracey “29c” ?!? Send it down here, please! $12K for 132 feet of Leaf Filters? :noway: Are you keeping hardcopies or email copies in a seprate non-work email account? Priceless documentation. Just sayin’.
    Kylia fingers Xd for favorable Eye Dr appointment this evening. May s/he have some magic that disappears your migraines.
    Machka your “deleting, deleting, deleting” of emails is something I should do. It IS overwhelming.
    Mary, wow, you are the poster child for bone broth. Still using the SENS?
    Flea yours to Rebecca. Thank you.

Surge and coax protectors arrived yesterday so I’ll hook ‘em up today soon as the thunder stops. Barn doors and horses?
    05/01: Move: sets 2 PT w/X&a, line dance class steps:7829
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8 apple, asparagus, lemon curd, maple syrup, potato-chips, rice-brown, soy-breakfast patties, tangerines, CI=1293
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, tku note to T, post office, thrift store donation, bank, gas, sign and minutes to fire hall. Wt: 132.1 !

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.