WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    The answer my friend is Blowin in the wind,the answer is blowin in the wind
    Its breezy here today also..
    Sheesh Heather here is hoping you get that looked at and you feel better quickly..
    How sweet of the grands to make you cards.
    Ive found this young couple that does Travel vlogs on Youtube - Kara and Nate .check them out I sent one I think to Heather in messenger but they went to Svalbard and I was thinking of Penny.. and they have traveled all over.. I think they are also on Facebook..
    Its nice to armchair travel with them..
    Here is a picture to make your days4qou207pchk.jpg
    dpmg6exbpda6.jpg

I watch their videos on Facebook- They are so fun to watch.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Happy May Day all! You wouldn't recognize it here today-cold, rainy, miserable. Good part is that this am before work there was a break in the rain and I got a quick morning walk in. I think there may be something to the whole early morning light and better sleep (something is working).

Heather-hope you just have some bruises/sprains. Do keep an eye on it.

Rebecca-I would not be brave enough to cut my own hair!

Lisa-hope VA cooperates with you.

Annie-good luck getting over cold-I hate colds.

Terri-good to have you chatting again. Glad that all seems to have gone well with surgery. Don't rush yourself getting back to things-but since you are in good shape you will heal quicker!

Heading out to meet a group of friends for a bit tonight.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Ginny thanks!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    dianem130 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! I'm Diane from NYC. I'd like to join WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023 group. I'm need to this so I'm not sure how I go about officially joining. I turned 60 this January. I have been much heavy than I am currently & lost 40 lbs. a few yrs. back. I have quit smoking (3/17/23) and gained over 10 lbs since quitting. Considering I could use to lose another 40lbs, I knew I need t get myself back on track. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................... That's why I'm here. :)

You don't need to officially join, just come here and make posts ... like you've done.

This is a very busy thread so don't feel like you need to respond to everyone. Jump into the conversation when you feel like it.

Machka in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Happy May Day all! You wouldn't recognize it here today-cold, rainy, miserable. Good part is that this am before work there was a break in the rain and I got a quick morning walk in. I think there may be something to the whole early morning light and better sleep (something is working).

Heather-hope you just have some bruises/sprains. Do keep an eye on it.

Rebecca-I would not be brave enough to cut my own hair!

Lisa-hope VA cooperates with you.

Annie-good luck getting over cold-I hate colds.

Terri-good to have you chatting again. Glad that all seems to have gone well with surgery. Don't rush yourself getting back to things-but since you are in good shape you will heal quicker!

Heading out to meet a group of friends for a bit tonight.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I need to try and get up early/go out walking earlier and see if that helps me with my sleep.
    Walked at noon- so cold/windy/sprinkles. Got my 5 1/2 miles done by the time I picked up Ezie from school. Have Zumba tonight for an hour. You would think with all of that I would be able to sleep great but doesn't happen very often.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    One thing I cannot drink is black tea. Green...no problem. Just black

Went to ceramics tonight. Vince left to go to pt so I took a walk around the block. For some reason, my pedometer isn’t registering steps. I KNOW that around the block is at least 3,000 steps, yet it didn’t register it at all. Cut the grass and, dug a bit of dirt, put it on top of these exposed pipes, then took stones out of this holder so Vince could make a new holder, it only registered about 1,000 steps. The low battery isn’t displaying Wonder what it could be?

Hey, got a question, when you are making yogurt in the IP, you need a “starter” (yogurt with the active cultures). Can you use the whey from previous yogurt you made or does it have to be a combination of the two?

Terri – so glad to hear you’re doing so well

Heather – heal quickly.

Sarah and Diane – welcome! Congrats on quitting smoking

Happy May everyone

Lanette – thanks for the link about chia seeds. Lately, I’ve been having them more and more

The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD

Rebecca – glad you heard from the CMC, even if it didn’t completely ease your mind

I really prefer to walk outside, but sometimes I just can’t (boo)

Michele NC
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Allie— “The Answer is my friend is Blowing in the Wind, the answer is blowing in the wind—“

Thank you for the lyrics, and memory of the sounds of Peter, Paul, and Mary. Today the wind has been blowing here in Illinois, too. I’ve been enjoying the wind through my windows all day. I like the view and the sound of wind. —- And the memory of Peter, Paul & Mary.

Katla in Illinois
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I have to try to start running more, to get used to it again. Today I did under a 10 minute mile (4mi) which was surprising to me. Maybe 3 days a week. We’ll c if I can keep it up. The problem is I have to keep biking for the MS Ride. We had registered for the 1/2 marathon this year. Too bad they are so close together. Bike ride in September and the marathon in November. Ugh.

I need to get running too. There's an event I want to do in September.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Heather: Ouch! Such a shock when that happens. Yay! For your rescuers. I hope you’re not seriously injured.

I tried a little light weeding this morning, and drove the short distance to the garden centre and it was fine. I may be mobile quicker than I expected.

I'm glad you're healing ... but don't overdo it.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday,
    Long john day again. We had snow on Mother's day in 2021. Right now, they are forecasting a sunny and warm weekend coming up. Yay! Eye appointment this evening. Took last night off from work paperwork, did home paperwork instead. Walked 20 minutes around house. Actually felt pretty good about work paperwork yesterday. I was caught up with all but invoices, then SIL left for the day. Concentration today is on orders and invoices.

Tracey I hear you! Hugs!

Rebecca Progress, yes, but hugs that son being so mysterious. There are really no excuses these days, not like the letter writing days.

HeatherUK, Annie, and Terry Healing thoughts.

Welcomes to the new ladies! Looking forward to learning more about you.

I am blessed to have ALL of you as part of my village.

Time to get my day going.
    Make the best choices you can at the time!
    Keep moving forward even if it feels like you are crawling sometimes!

❤️
    Kylia in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Options
    Michele, well hearing back from him was nice, and I sent him an email thanking him. And for him going the extra mile by calling my sons new command and telling him he needs to contact family, that was unexpected. But not knowing where he is, well that is mind numbing.
    Lee wrote a letter to the dept that deals with lost military so hopefully something will come from that.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I have no idea how the military works but if your son transferred to somewhere else, is he really lost?