May 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    ...my final time was 53:30, but I really didn’t have anything left in the tank and was satisfied

Wow, what an inspiring story. Sounds kind of fun. Great there were no aggravated injuries.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    @Laurz9191 Woohoo! Good racing! Congrats on the AG podium. I'm glad your injury didn't flare up and I hope it doesn't become a problem again. So happy for you!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    @Laurz919 GREAT job on your double races! Congrats on the 3rd AG place in the 5K. That really sounds tough to do a 10K an hour later! And glad the leg didn't give you any trouble.

@quilteryoyo sorry for your Mom! Hope the meds help quickly.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    May 1 – 5.05 miles
    May 2 – 1.01 miles
    May 3 – 5.12 miles
    May 4 – 4.49 miles
    May 6 – 8.15 miles
    May 8 – 5.27 miles
    29.09/75 miles

Dodged the rain this morning with a 5 mile run. It was 59F and very humid. On Saturday, I volunteered to help our track club time a small 5K race. The race was held near where @quilteryoyo lives which is an hour and 15 minute drive for me but the club needed volunteers and I didn't have any plans so why not! Afterwards, I ran 8 miles on a trail that started across from the 5K location. It was a paved trail that was 4 miles in length and ran by the local university. It was so nice to run in some place different.

@TheMrWobbly – Your coronation snacks look yummy! What are the pink and blue fluffy things on the tiered serving dish in the second picture?

@Laurz9191 – Great racing! You did fabulous in both of the races! Glad your leg did good.

@quilteryoyo – Hope your mom gets to feeling better very soon.

@Mari33a – Have you heard of personal trainer/YouTouber Caroline Girvan? She’s from the Belfast area. I’m doing one of her series now. She’s a beast!

Hope you get your new car today @katharmonic!

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Hi @Teresa502 they were meringue clouds, I doctored them to fill them with strawberries and cream.

Yum!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it's not just me @martaindale .

Thanks @TheMrWobbly . Congratulations on the weight loss and keeping your heart rate in the zone.

Great running @Zaxa2021 and @chris_in_cal .