JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - ROUND 222

Options

Replies

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I’m tapping into the hive mind, please…. My insurance offers a discount on activity trackers, so I’m thinking of getting either a Fitbit or a Garmin, a more basic model. I’ve never had one. Thoughts from those of you who do on what features you’ve found useful, and your satisfaction with your device? Thanks!

I've been with Fitbit for years and I absolutely LOVE it. HOWEVER Fitbit is being taken over by Google and a lot of changes have been happening. A few features that are beloved have been taken (music and group challenges - neither of which I used so I don't notice it but a lot of people are complaining) and there are other changes I'm unsure of coming in the future. Including having to have a Google account to access your Fitbit in the near future. I have one, as I'm an android girl, but it is annoying, even for me. Plus who knows how well the movement from Fitbit platform to Google platform will go and if all the data will successfully transfer. Ugh.

I use the Versa 4, one of the newest models. I use it for steps, sleep, exercise, breathing, stopwatch, morning alarm, and general timepiece. It's been awhile since I've looked at the base model but I know I started with that and I've stuck with them since.

I will say, I've been looking into the Garmin in case I need to replace my Fitbit anytime in the near future. I plan on sticking with my current Fitbit until it gives up and dies on me but if that's prior to the Google takeover has settled out, I may step away from Fitbit until I see how this whole ordeal will go. I'm leary of the changes despite my loyalty to the company (they've been great with customer service, replacing watches that unexpectedly break due to no fault of my own, fixing issues, etc)

@SheilaBoneham , like @CamandJarvis , I’m also a Fitbit user (I use the Sense smartwatch model). I love my Fitbit, especially the sleep and health features, insights, and reports.

I was a daily user of the community feature they axed in March (open groups, challenges, and adventures). I miss them a lot. Lots of folks started using Stridekick to compliment their Fitbit, to replace challenges. I didn’t want to do that. If I was going to use two apps 😝, I decided MyFitnessPal would be the second 😎. Fitbit does have a food log, but MFP food/nutrition tools are far superior. And, it turns out, the message boards/community groups are too!

I do miss the challenges/ bingos that Fitbit axed (sigh), but I, finding my app time is better spent food logging than playing fitness bingo 🤷🏻‍♀️ 🙃😍.

I’m intrigued by the Garmin, even tho I love (and do recommend) Fitbit. The cost of Garmin up front is higher, but if I understand correctly, none of the features/data is locked behind a paywall. On the Fitbit, some of the sleep data and wellness features are locked behind a paywall.

Google actually took over Fitbit a couple years ago. But, for the most part, no changes were made until first, they took away music app support like Spotify, etc last year, and then THIS year, taking a wrecking ball to the community features. They SAID they did it to make room fo new features in the future … but there has been Bupkis as far as new features, or even leaks of new features, on the horizon.

They did move some data out from behind the paywall, which is good for non-premium users, but it devalued (further) the premium user experience 🤷🏻‍♀️

Cheers!
    - MK / @mkksemail :) (Maine)

• mkksemail
    Options
    pezhed wrote: »
    5/9 - 124.4, there went a pound of water anyway! I'll do better drinking water today in hopes of flushing my system out. We're having a big barbecue for my husband's college students today. I'm making some delicious crockpot mac & cheese, quinoa salad, and a spinach & strawberry salad to go with my husband's barbecue chicken. We just got an induction stove yesterday, and we don't have any saucepans to go with it yet, so I'm putting my instant pot to good use for the macaroni and the quinoa (can recommend for quinoa, the pasta turned into a big disk in the bottom of the liner). DH cleaned for hours last night while I put the kids to bed so I can tell he's wanting to make it look like functional adults live here. It's stressing me out, but I'm sure we can pull off the illusion, at least if we close the bedroom doors. I already blew my fast for today because I'm also making brownies and couldn't resist tasting the batter!

Great job!!

Good luck with bbq 😊

• mkksemail
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Charissa - …

Best of luck with hubby’s knee replacement surgery tiday, Carissa ! 🙏🤞

• mkksemail
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »

05/09-116.6 It is hard to lose weight sitting on a couch with your leg propped up! THE GOOD NEWS is I am using the time to TRY and finish writing my story (Book?) outline before I go to Maine. I am close to hitting a dead end here and have to get to the UM library for old Maine (Washington County) newspapers. My husband can fish and I will do research-sounds like a good deal!

Another Maine-iac!! So far we have one Portland, one near ogunquit and one Oob. Where are you?

Jinx!! Lol …
  • mkksemail
    Options
    huango wrote: »

5/9 – 120.2 ⬇️
    I volunteer farm on Tuesdays at an organic farm.
    3 wins:
    - we get amazing nutritious yummy organic produce
    - I work out in the beautiful outdoors
    - I meet diverse friends, different from my usual group of people, and we chat the entire time and I often learn wonderful fascinating things from everyone.

EXHAUSTED:
    Today was prepping 5 beds using this 15# broad fork tiller;
    then weeding a fresh bed covered in tough weeds.
    3t6z4x02jhds.png

WTG !!! 👋💪
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @playhardkf2017 Sorry for the dumb question, but do I just throw all the ingredients in a blender??

@SModa61 @fmfdfa2020 Not a dumb question! Yup, I just threw it all in my vitamix/high powered blender and blended it until I was happy with the consistency. You could also use a heavy duty/sturdy food processor too.

I was actually going to add this part this morning because I realized I forgot to add any sort of instructions.

@playhardkf2017 Thank you for the recipes!!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,870 Member
    Options
    @SheilaBoneham I have a Garmin Vivofit 3. I got the first one in 2018. It’s fairly basic but when I needed a new one in December I decided to try a Fitbit Inspire. I could never get the display to show me what I wanted when I wanted it and was very frustrated. I returned it and ordered the Garmin that I have now. I hope they never get rid of this simple to use model. I wear it on my ankle so the first one was likely getting “kicked” when I walked. Now I wear it with the unit on the outside. At night I move it to my wrist then in the morning I sync it and put it back on my ankle. Wearing any of them on your wrist counts wrist movements not steps and wearing the Fitbit on the ankle wasn’t an option. Also, the Garmin runs on a battery that lasts me at least a year - no charging and having to remember to put it on.
  • quiltingjaine
    Options

@lunalovefool et al- can someone explain the logic behind weighing AFTER you workout rather than before? Or when you roll out of bed in the morning?

I don't really know about the exercise part, I just know that I prefer to weigh in the first thing when I wake up (on an empty stomach) to make sure the starting point is pretty much the same everytime. Makes it easier to compare. If I weigh in 13 hours after my last food intake, it's always going to be less than if I weigh in after drinking 2L of water and eat a full dinner first. I guess you would maybe weigh less after a workout if you worked out on an empty stomach and sweat out some fluids before stepping on the scale, but I don't really see the point in that. I leave that for competitive athletes and Kardashians haha :D

I agree with weighing nude second thing in the morning, first being to empty the bladder! I know anything I swear out is going to be replenished by the gallon of water I drink daily.
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    musicsax wrote: »
    White coat syndrome? Lots of people suffer with that!

I have suffered from white coat syndrome for as long as I have gotten my blood pressure checked. My current doctor doesn’t seem to believe me or in it. I refuse to go in for BP checks when it’s fine at home on BOTH of my devices.
  • gomifune
    gomifune Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 206
    Goal weight: 146

Round 212 end weight: 200.7
    Round 213 end weight: 198.7
    Round 214 end weight: 196.9
    Round 215 end weight: 191.9
    Round 216 end weight: 190.0
    Round 217 end weight: 187.5
    Round 218 end weight: 184.4
    Round 219 end weight: 183.5
    Round 220 end weight: 180.1
    Round 221 end weight: 179.3

5/2 178.6
    5/3 178.3
    5/4 178.4
    5/5 178.6
    5/6 177.8
    5/7 177.8
    5/8 177.4
    5/9 178.1
    5/10 178.7
    5/11
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    @SheilaBoneham - absolutely LOVE Booker, he such a handsome little cutie ! <3