NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Sorry about the gain. Do you feel it was deserved or do you think you did the work for a loss? Thanks, I am feeling better. It was the flu.

@roz0810 Morning! Congrats that is awesome! That's a great spreadsheet, thanks for the link, I made a copy for myself.

Hi all. I am feeling better but still have a sore throat and a little fatigue so I will stay home again today. I've not been eating the best.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @trooworld so sorry to hear you’re still sick, hope you feel much better soon! Did you get tested for covid or flu?
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @roz0810 thats fantastic! I love being in a good place with weight loss. This am at doctor’s it was a scale victory and NSV all at once because not only was the scale down, I wasn’t afraid to look! For years I would look away.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @trooworld i need to start reading the latest posts first! Too bad about the flu but so glad you’re feeling better.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @senoritafloridita I am feeling better today, thanks! I did get tested for COVID with a home kit and it was negative. Same here, I replied to your first post before reading your latest! LOL

Hi all. I am feeling much better now. I am going to work today. I have been tracking (ironic, considering I've been sick). You really take for granted your health until you are sick! At least I did.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, just checking in and showing I am really still alive. LOL. I haven't done so well, yesterday I just gave up and said I am who I am and maybe I will go quickly and not suffer with horrible illness or pain. LOL. Today, I am still in the hole, but know that if I can improve my quality of life I need to. Sometimes it seems it's better/easier (LOL) to just be naive and just let life happen to you.. :)

@trooworld glad you are feeling better and yes I thought the scale would have at least showed maintained.

@senoritafloridita yea on the positive outlook in regards to the scale. It really isn't our enemy..LOL

@roz0810 Good for you and thanks for the spreadsheet.

Cbabie
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @cbabie Hugs 🫂
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @trooworld so glad you’re feeling better!
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    Well my husband’s NM (narcissistic mother) ruined Mother’s Day but hopefully that will be the last holiday or even day that she ever ruins for us again as my husband has now blocked her and all of her other minions in the family. I told him it’s time for you to be free. I pray he can stay strong.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @roz0810 You sound in a really good place right now. Congrats on your success with WW. I'm sorry about your friend. I was thinking recently that I'm heading towards a time when good friends may be passing on. I love spreadsheets. Especially color coded ones.

@senoritafloridita Beautiful pics. I love abbeys. Although I wonder is that an official abbey? Then I sat thinking what's the difference between a cathedral and an abbey. :D Time to stop thinking.
    Thank you for sharing. I don't think dh is losing weight. LOL Although having said that, I'm not either. It's just stuck. This week I have been over calories alot but not on junk. I've been really diligent about reigning that in. I'm adding more f&v. I just keep plodding along. Your mother's day excursion sounded so nice. An outside concert in the grass. Adirondack chairs are my favorite. I have two in front with a little seating area that I sit in every morning after the gym.

@trooworld I hope you are better now. Does your hubby do anything special for Mother's Day for you from your furbabies? Your post to @roz0810 made me laugh out loud. We can always count on you to be our rock here.

@gemwolf110 How are your furbabies doing? When I saw your card I was thinking about people like you and @trooworld who only have furbabies.

@tamevv What exercise have you been doing this week?

@cbabie Well today is a new day.....Track your food, walk on the treadmill, etc. Have you had any medicine changes? Sometimes that can make you hold a bit of water. Your dh tries to exist on coffee and smoking. No wonder he's skin and bones. Maybe you should try his diet. ;)

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I thought I was caught up then I saw a whole other page. :o

@trooworld Glad you are better

@cbabie You said..."Sometimes it seems it's better/easier (LOL) to just be naive and just let life happen to you.. :)" That's what mom and dad did. So think about dad after his stroke. Think about him having his chest ripped open because he had to have a quadruple bypass. Think about mom losing her hair and breast to chemo. Sores in her throat and mouth because of radiation. Throwing up because of chemo. No energy for 8 years feeling like death warmed over as she put it. Life happened to them because they did not take control of their health. They thought it was easier to just sit in a chair and watch TV. Since having kids around can be chaotic, make your life simple simple simple. Eat the same thing for breakfast so no thinking about it. Think of two lunches and rotate them. Etc. Keep fresh fruit cut up when you are wanting to snack. Little containers of applesauce. Packages of baby carrots and some good dip. I was reading today in my Mayo Clinic diet book that said, "your overall blood sugar level is affected more by weight loss than by the small amount of carbs in fruit. So if eating fruit can help you lose weight, go for it. Include veggies and fruits in your meals." Thank you for listening to my PSA for today. :D

@senioritafloridita Sorry about your Mother's day. Some times it's better to let toxic people out of your lives. It's hard dealing with narcissism.

I almost didn't make it to the gym today but I did. I hit the snooze button but then laid there for 10 min. Then got up and got dressed and went to the gym. Did my hill/sprint program. I think I'm going to have to bump up either the speed or the incline. I wonder which would be better? Any ideas?

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

So decided to stop WW and back to calorie counting. Joining the gym from Monday nearest to me which is walking distance. Will let you know how it goes!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Oh honey, please don't give up! I know what you mean and lately, I've been on two sides of the coin: give up and just accept my fat self or do something about it. It goes day by day which side of the coin I'm on. HUGS!

@senoritafloridita Thanks, me too! Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your Mother's Day! That really stinks. I'm glad your husband put his foot down. I hope it gives you both peace.

@theslightedgeforever No, he does not. And I'm mad at him because he went over to his brother's apartment to celebrate with his mom, sister and brother and they had all this good food and he didn't bring any home for me lol. I forget what I said to @roz0810 but I'm glad it made you LOL. Yes, I am always here, I'm like the mailman, rain sleet or snow, I will be here. LOL I'm glad you made it to the gym. Good job. I think incline would be better for muscle development but they would both be good for calorie burn.

@roz0810 Girl, you need to settle on a program lol! Seriously, good luck, I hope calorie counting works out for you better. That's good your gym is within walking distance, you will get a workout getting there before your workout!

Hi all. I am going to get some activity in this morning doing housework. We have an appraiser coming today (we aren't selling, it's for something else) and I want the condo to look at good as possible. I wish I would have told him later in the day but he's coming at 10 am. I tracked everything I ate yesterday. That's like 3 days in a row.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I think I am fighting depression and trying to stay normal..whatever that is.. I don't think I have ever known normal. It's sad when your grandson tells you it's not normal and quit acting like it is. LOL. I keep reading about things that are good for your health, it's not about getting back into my size 4 jeans, but about being around for like my grandkids. ( I got one going to have a baby any day now) So my 3rd great grand child. How is that possible...I am only 20. LOL I know I have to make some changes, I know that what my sister said is true, I have to decide it's not always best to take the easy way out. I am just tired of the side effects of the drugs I "supposedly" have to be on. I want to find a way not to be on them and get my health in my food. LOL BUT THAT WOULD MEAN COOKING. :)

@trooworld hope the appraisal goes well. Yes you are our rock on here. Thank you

@roz0810 I am learning that counting calories is not good for me..I eat my calories in sugar. LOL..You know what can work for you!!!

@theslightedgeforever Thank you for always saying what needs to be said. No I will pass on the DH diet. LOL

@senoritafloridita Sorry about your MIL...I was just talking to my daughter last night about mine..it was sad to say I wasn't all broke up when she passed at 52. I felt bad about feeling that way, but was just so glad the turmoil she brought would be minimized....take today and enjoy every minute of it!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Congrats on the 3rd great grandchild. I'm sorry you are fighting depression, it can be hard to focus on anything when you are depressed. I hope it passes soon. Thanks, appraisal was quick which is what I wanted. Aww, you guys are sweet.

Hi all. I did not gain any weight this week but I did not lose, either. But I'll take that. I usually work at home on Fridays but I have to go in half day to work because I'm behind on a project. Other than that, the appraisal went okay, he just came in and took some pics and left. We'll get the appraisal next week.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I am really struggling with food right now. I don't even like to eat as it all feels like its bad for me and I don't enjoy it. the good part is that like a banana, I KNOW I have to eat it to bring my potassium up so therefore I am eating it. I don't know how I got so messed up. LOL

@trooworld Sorry you have to go in on Friday, but sometimes it's easier to get caught up because you are forced to focus. LOL Yes I would take not gaining as a win. LOL. Thanks on the congrats, he was born at 2 am, she had a long labor but he is healthy and she is doing good.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @roz0810 You sound in a really good place right now. Congrats on your success with WW. I'm sorry about your friend. I was thinking recently that I'm heading towards a time when good friends may be passing on. I love spreadsheets. Especially color coded ones.

@senoritafloridita Beautiful pics. I love abbeys. Although I wonder is that an official abbey? Then I sat thinking what's the difference between a cathedral and an abbey. :D Time to stop thinking.
    Thank you for sharing. I don't think dh is losing weight. LOL Although having said that, I'm not either. It's just stuck. This week I have been over calories alot but not on junk. I've been really diligent about reigning that in. I'm adding more f&v. I just keep plodding along. Your mother's day excursion sounded so nice. An outside concert in the grass. Adirondack chairs are my favorite. I have two in front with a little seating area that I sit in every morning after the gym.

@trooworld I hope you are better now. Does your hubby do anything special for Mother's Day for you from your furbabies? Your post to @roz0810 made me laugh out loud. We can always count on you to be our rock here.

@gemwolf110 How are your furbabies doing? When I saw your card I was thinking about people like you and @trooworld who only have furbabies.

@tamevv What exercise have you been doing this week?

@cbabie Well today is a new day.....Track your food, walk on the treadmill, etc. Have you had any medicine changes? Sometimes that can make you hold a bit of water. Your dh tries to exist on coffee and smoking. No wonder he's skin and bones. Maybe you should try his diet. ;)

Furkids are doing good one has an ultrasound coming up to make sure her GI tract isn’t what is upsetting her. She is either eating grass/plants that are settling well for her, allergies or ruling out any physical issues. My other dog had his X-rays and vet feels as tho it’s a CCL partial or full tear. Having him start laser therapy in a couple of weeks and on pain meds. It’s raining today so they are all inside sleeping or just staring sadly out the slider which my youngest is doing.

Yup! Furbabies for life lol
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @roz0810 How has the switch in mealplans going? I'm just curious as what was your reasoning other than money. I know it can be very expensive. I think @trooworld uses the Healthi app. Or something like that. lol It sounded like you were being successful on it. I'm glad you have easy access to the gym. That always helps.

@trooworld Thanks for your opinion on the incline versus speed. It's a 30 min hill/sprint interval program so I will have both but right now I'm at a 4-8% incline with a 3.0 speed. Then a 3.5-4.3 speed with incline of 0.5%. But I can feel it's getting to easy so I need to bump it up. I couldn't decide to go with a 3.2 speed on the hill interval and leave the inclines the same or raise the inclines and leave it at 3.0 I do this once a week and then the other 4 days is a 15 min hill program with 4-15% incline with a 2.8 speed. I'm trying to get my hill endurance up so I can walk those hills on vacation this summer without stopping to catch my breath like I had to do the past two years. Boo on hubby not bringing you back food. Maybe he was trying to help you with your plan to be successful. Yaaay on tracking 3 days in a row.

@cbabie I'm sorry you are feeling blue. Remember our blue bedroom growing up? I know you hate meds but have you thought about taking something like St Johns Wort? Just to take the edge off? You know I'm all about solutions. Do as I say not as I do myself. :D You said..."I want to find a way not to be on them and get my health in my food. LOL BUT THAT WOULD MEAN COOKING. :)" Ok so how to work smarter not harder? Breakfast, lunch, and snacks can easily be done with no cooking or at the most throw some oatmeal in the microwave for 3 min. Not that hard. So that leaves 7 meals a week. There are things like crockpots, instapots, microwaves, grills, etc. that make that 7 meals easier. Have you thought about batch cooking once or twice a week. That cuts down the number of times you have to cook. You are thinking when would I have the time to do all this with a baby and 4 year old. It's the prep work that I think takes most of your time. That could be in blocks of times. I think the hardest thing is coming up with the 7 meals? So how about concentrate on one meal this week. Find a recipe and cook that. If you are cooking chicken breasts, cook a bunch at the same time. Refrigerate/freeze til needed. Would counting sugar grams help you reduce the sugar? Think of it like heroin. Start where you are as an average and then set your boundary lower by 10 g. When you get used to that you can lower it another 10 g until you get to a place that is good for your body. Sugar is the enemy and it's the culprit for so many diseases. Cancer, diabetes, etc. Congrats on the 3rd great grandchild. I still haven't figured out how this is my 3rd great great nephew. That makes me sound older than you. ;)

@gemwolf110 Sorry about the furbabies health issues. Is there pet insurance? Those visits and test can be so expensive. Are you still losing weight?

I went to dinner last night. Tex-Mex themed. Food was excellent. One of my neighbors went with me. She has lost 35 lbs now in 4 months. Amazing how much younger she looked. 80-90% of the time she doesn't eat dairy, sugar, carbs except what's in f&v. This made me think about carb cycling again. LOL I was so successful on it. But then I could just eat cheese and meat all day long and i know that not alot of vitamins and minerals in that. So I've been thinking all day how to combine my current plan with carb cycling. Why can't this be easier. The white pants I had planned on wearing to the dinner did not fit. I even went out and bought new white shoes for the occasion. lol Guess who had to make an outfit change at the last minute.

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Take it one step at a time getting back to eating healthily. You can do this! Yes, it was easier to focus for sure. At home, I have the dogs begging for attention, a couch begging for a nap, lol. I'm so glad his birth went well and he is healthy and doing good!

@theslightedgeforever I do use the Healthi app and I like it. That's a good idea to mix it up with the speed/incline. I know that's not why he didn't bring back food (he's always making desserts at home that screw me up, so he didn't help me out this time), I think he didn't want his sister and mother thinking I was well enough to eat their food but not well enough to come to visit. That's my theory lol. That's good you weren't disappointed by the restaurant: so many times now, we are because the food is expensive now and it just doesn't meet our standards. Wow, 35 lbs in 4 months? That's amazing. You were successful on carb cycling, why did you stop it? I'm sorry about the white pants not fitting.

Hi all. I didn't realize I hadn't been here yesterday. I had a busy day. I got groceries in the morning and then met my old boss at the art museum to see an exhibit. Then, my husband and I went to the movies for the first time since COVID. We went to see "Are You There God It's Me Margaret" which was my favorite book when I was about 12. On the way to the theater, we were walking on the sidewalk and a bird flew and landed on my head! So weird! I loved the movie. We went for a beer afterward. It was a nice evening. I'm going to the zoo this morning with a friend that is moving out of town. That will leave me with 1 1/2 friends in town (I am only counting one of my friends as a 1/2 friend because he's more of an acquaintance).

• trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. The zoo was fun yesterday but my legs were already tired from the day before's visit to the art museum. My legs hurt all day yesterday along with the bunion on my foot. But it was nice seeing my friend. I didn't track most of yesterday, it would be too hard to go back and track it because I got snacky and ate a lot of junk. I did track dinner and I pretracked most of today. We ordered food delivery last night for dinner and I ordered healthily: I got a chicken kebab with roasted broccoli, a Greek salad, and a small thing of hummus. I ate half the kebab, added brown rice that I had made at home, and ate half the hummus. The rest, I saved for lunch today.