LESS Alcohol ~ MAY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Smoke from the fires made the weather news in Dallas. Somehow air currents managed to carry smoke down here, although it was just a haze. Hope the air clears up by you!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    @Womona It can range wildly. I pay 500 a month but I've seen it for as low as 25 if you have some insanely awesome insurance, to 1600.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    5/1-5/2-5/3 - AF
    5/4-5/5-5/6- A
    5/7- 5/8 - 5/9 -5/10- AF
    5/11 - 5/12 - 5/13 - A
    5/14 - 5/15 - 5/16 - AF
    5/17- 5/18-5/19-5/20 - A
    5/21 - 5/22 - AF
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k ugh the endless dry cough! Sorry to hear your lungs are so twitchy lately. I hope you get relief soon. You’ve had a rough spring with all the infections and medications. May your immune system rebuild quickly, and may that dang cough go away!

@GaryM_25 I feel your frustration! I hope you can either fish it out or get a new oil reservoir quickly. As for the drinking, hey it’s one day, we’ve all been there. Today is a new day and you can get right back to your plan- despite what I’m sure is a nasty hangover!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    @Womona It can range wildly. I pay 500 a month but I've seen it for as low as 25 if you have some insanely awesome insurance, to 1600.

Wow! Holy cow that is a lot! The only people I know (through my work in a chiro office) that have amazing insurance coverage are teachers and tradesmen. Everyone else is just ok to pitiful.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    May accountability: 12 days AF
    Alcohol: 10 days (16 drinks)
    Days over 2 glasses: 0
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days this month.

5/22 - 1 shot bourbon & full can Diet Coke (did not finish sipping over 3 hrs)

@Michieb125 @Womona @joans1976 - Thanks for the shout outs welcoming me back and empathizing with my current health situation.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 16AF days in April.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Sunday May 21 - 3 drinks total. I had a Manhattan at 4pm and then went back into the yard for a couple of hours. I had 2 drinks around 8pm. Lots done in the yard, lots and lots still left to do. It rained overnight, so I was very happy to see that early this morning. The hose does not do the same job as a good rain : - )
    Monday May 22 - AF - I went to work for a 4 hour shift and ended up working 9 hours straight through without a break (someone was sick). I had to use willpower to not come home after that and relax with a cocktail.

Rolling total - 13AF day out of 22 days.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    May accountability: 12 days AF
    Alcohol: 11 days (17 drinks)
    Days over 2 glasses: 0
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days this month.

5/23 - 1 wine - DH & I ran into town for DD & grandkid while her husband was out of town. Wonderful little "craft kitchen" restaurant d'Alba Garden Oaks with fun outdoor seating.
    https://dalbahtx.com
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you back, @Lilylady3k. Hope the meds do the job!