WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Margaret take it easy! That’s really early to have to get up in the morning. I used to sleep in till 8 AM but now that we are here I am getting up around 6:15 every morning!

💕 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    B)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Allie, If i did the math right she's making about $350 a month (before taxes) she would be saving money by taking care of Miles herself. And if she could take in a friend's child too she could have a bit of cash.

Kim
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    c7om55280iy9.jpeg
    This is what we get to look at right on our RV site. We’re going to get a couple of kayaks or a canoe. Maybe a paddle boat would even be better!
    Does anybody know of a free plant identifier app for an iPhone? I have tried at least six different apps that claim to be free and every single one of them expects payment after one week. One of them I was able to get five plants identified before it would no longer let me use it without signing up for a free week then a 4.99 fee after that. But you have to sign up with your card in order to do that. We have moved to our new resort RV site and I am digging up the garden and I was wondering what type bush this is.
    dsxdtyxw57fg.jpeg

💕 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona

I used the identifier that is standard on my Samsung Galaxy and it said purple leaf sand cherry
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Tracey-haven't given formal notice yet, but we are talking about transition plan. I was so frustrated yesterday over some of the political stuff, I could have left then! Looking at December-works well with changing health insurance, etc.

Karen-I think we are all entitled to some slogging time.

Lisa-slept a bit better. Still got up early. Today went better. It's a vicious, never ending war with weeds. Glad you got good news from someone with Doctor in their name. Good job mowing!

Pip-Happy Birthday! You have very thoughtful kids!

Allie-I'm in agreement with Tracy consider staying at home full time. More people are deciding to have one parent stay at home because the finances of child care are insane. It can be good for the kids too.

Rori-how cool you got to dip into the Channel. Sounds like your vacation has been wonderful.

Nothing else to report here. Tired so hitting bed early.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Who knows...I know she pays her car payment and car insurance and groceries out of her pay.. and maybe Carmines therapy which is 100.00 a week.. but personally I don't see that its helping any she is just knuckling down and being more rebellious and nasty.
    Im just doing what I can to help,but she knows that its getting to be to much for me.she will be talking to Josie tomorrow
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Allie, If i did the math right she's making about $350 a month (before taxes) she would be saving money by taking care of Miles herself. And if she could take in a friend's child too she could have a bit of cash.

Kim

I think it's 20 hours a week. So about 1600 before taxes? Without a calculator.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

I ate 1343 calories today. I've been eating over my limit a lot this week. I rode horseback, rode my bike and did dumbbells Yay! For a deficit of 239 Yay!

My Dad's church is having a picnic Saturday. I told my mom I would go with her if she wants to go. It would be good for her on a good day, but confusing on a bad mental day, and awkward on a bad digestion day. So maybe. It's good for me to get out also, but it's not my church so that makes me feel awkward. I don't know people and I won't eat much. Hmm. I wonder if we are supposed to bring food and my dad forgot that part?

I've been reading ahead about how to set up my laptop. Windows is worse every time. I hope I can get it up and running for my zoom Sunday night. My list of Saturday errands keeps growing.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day!

Annie in Delaware

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Flea - thanks for the math corrections!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Our wall is done!! I am beyond happy with how it came out! A local guy we sold something to is a carpenter and he answered my request for help. He did a quick fantastic job. Hubby and I just finished staining it ourselves. Not perfect, our first time but I’m happy it!!!!
    1o7yok6rmjvd.jpeg
    x1el1uqtxn1g.jpeg
    7cl4fscyjkbs.jpeg
    8z6yiwl4cg2f.jpeg
    e5bl9ybih1iy.jpeg
    ie3p7g9touid.jpeg

Very nice!

It's great to have a pleasant and relaxing outdoor space like that. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    On the scale again this morning, and the stair climbing is doing what it is supposed to do. :)

I'm down another 0.8 kg from last weekend ... 3 kg (6.6 lbs) from mid-March.

I've also been cutting back on food, and I'm just a little bit hungry some of the time, but that's OK.

I had a look at my overstuffed dressing room. I have a lot of clothes, in different sizes, because I have been different sizes over the years. However, I don't have a lot of clothes at the size I was in mid-March. I bought a few, but then it dawned on me that I've got lots of clothes, and if I wanted to save myself some money, I could try losing a bit of weight ... then I might fit into more clothes. :)

It usually takes me at least a 10 kg loss to move down a size. I had just started buying a few things at Size 20 (Australia) ... so hopefully shortly I will be fitting nicely into my Size 18 clothes again.

For reference, these are a couple size comparison charts ...
    3cm10zt0u6yu.png
    qwy9ojqelhix.png

I use PlantSnap app to identify plants. I can check 3 or 5 (I forget) plants a day for free.

Machka in Oz