June 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    I would think nowadays people would want you to stay at away if you have ANY symptoms. Guess we will never learn.

I have always been a little weird about germs but the pandemic sent that into overdrive. If someone has a cough, sniffles, sinus stuff, whatever I want them to stay away from me! We still wear masks at work to see patients and I don't know if I will ever stop. People used to come in sick all the time and I have really enjoyed the lack of exposure over the last few years.

@kgirlhart I'm kind of surprised you haven't seen an armadillo! You see so much wildlife. I have only seen them on runs around sunrise but you are regularly out pretty early. Weird.
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of posts to catch up on :).
    @chris_in_cal I hope you had a nice trip back and had a nice time playing golf.

@eleanorhawkins I am sorry you had such an hard run! That sounds awful! I really hope the next time you are up there it’s a lot more enjoyable and you can enjoy it!

@quilteryoyo You really have a lot to get done! That sounds like a packed day.

@AlphaHowls I also noticed you’ve been upping your miles. I really enjoy your sunset pictures! They always look beautiful!

I am surprised to hear that so many of you are still/were still working remotely. We stopped that over a year ago (although it is now very flexible with home office if we chose to do so a few days per week. I almost always go in because I like to see other grown up people :) during the day and I’m more productive.

I have been slowly easing back into training. Yesterday I did a big cross training switch up - a little over 30 min running, then the same for the elliptical, and the same for the bike. I think I’m going to try to work at least one such cross training workout per week into my routine. Maybe that way I can strength some of the muscle groups better and hopefully avoid future injuries. I also did a bunch of squats and lunges the day before that, which I am now paying for. I figured, if the back is hurting - work the legs. I overdid it and have been waddling around ever since, now with pain in both my legs and still a little bit it my shoulder. Way to to do recovery, me!

So this morning, due to the stiffness in my legs, and more particularly glutes ;), I kept the pace slow, but managed 6k. I am going to stay at roughly the same pace/distance until my back has completely healed.

So far for June 12.7/250 km.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,288 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Got all 3 seasons of Ted Lasso done over the last 2 weeks! Goals! (Pun intended!)

Hey, I just finished Ted Lasso too. Very cute and inspirational.

It's helpful for us Yanks to understand your football/soccer thing too. ⚽

June Running Goal: 17 runs, 45 miles
    • June 2 - 3.0 miles
    • June 4 - 4.0 miles
    • June 6 - 2.5 miles
    • June 7 - 4.0 miles
    Current: 4 runs, 13.5 miles

• spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    PS I too just finished Ted Lasso. Loved the pop culture references and the feel-goodiness.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    @spl8 @chris_in_cal as someone who hops the pond frequently... I loved some of the subtle 'lost in translation' TransAtlantic jokes! ... Even the not-subtle ones - like Tea!

First two seasons were great!
    Felt the third season was a bit disappointing. The last two episodes were good and rallied it a bit... But felt you coulda done the thing within 5 episodes. Didn't like some of the secondary characters getting more screentime with non-essential storylines... eg Nate and his girlfriend; Keeley and her business.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I am super poor because I just dumped all of my money into buying a house.

I appreciate Garmin watches for swimming, bicycling, and running. Mine is going on 5 years old. The company just released a new model: Garmin Forerunner 265 and I want one.

Rather than retail therapy and wrongheaded impulse buying I am going to put some weight (eh hem) into it.

Black Friday is a big sale day. It is about 24 weeks from now. I weigh 244 lbs today. Losing about two pounds a week will get me below 200 lbs. by Black Friday. That's the plan.

Breech 200 lbs by Black Friday and recognize my efforts by buying myself a new Garmin.

@chris_in_cal Godspeed Sir!
    Hope you're counting those calories too as well as running frequently