June 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,180 Member
    Options
    That’s a big goal for me but I know I can do it if I stay on track!

Yes you can! This is pretty much the motto for this group. Stay on track, and it'll happen.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart yikes! Glad she seemed to be feeking ok, hope she recovers quickly.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart That is not a good call to get in the middle of a run. I'm glad you were able to get to go to Austin for her and that she is doing okay. Did she come home the same day? I think my brother had to stay a week when he had his removed, but that was many, many moons ago.

Welcome @chelsea121991 ! You can do it.

@tarun_yadavA I'm sorry that the run back was a bit painful. Maybe you should see an ortho to see what is going on? Enjoy your day tomorrow.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @chelsea121991 Welcome! Consistency is key. You got this!

@kgirlhart Hope your daughter is feeling better and recovers quickly.

@tarun_yadavA Bummer. Injuries are so frustrating. It's so easy to get discouraged when things won't just heal up and get back to normal. Stick with the recovery plan. You're getting there.
    Found some well lit streets, it's always a bit risky running at night, I worry I will trip or sprain an ankle.
    I bought some clip on magnetic lights from Amazon that work great for dark mornings. They come as a pack of 2 and are pretty bright LEDs. I like them because they attach with a magnetic flap so you can clip them to your clothes, hydration vest, whatever. Some people use headlamps but I find them annoying.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    @martaindale thanks Sarah! 😊
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Teresa502 Great cool run. I didn't get up early enough to run this morning, but I bet it was nice. We'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Have fun on your trip @martaindale !

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    Hey @martaindale which salt tabs do you take? I remember you saying they help you a lot during these hot summer days. Next week summer is really going to kick in, and I have wanted to try salt tabs for a while. Thanks!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo
    AlphaHowls It looks like you are upping your already high bar! Great mileage for the month already.
    @Laurz9191
    AlphaHowls I also noticed you’ve been upping your miles. I really enjoy your sunset pictures! They always look beautiful!

Thank you! I love watching the sunrise!

Warm weather beckons me, which in turn makes me run longer
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic I'm glad your surgery got done early and it went well. Also glad you are still able to walk for exercise. I can't imagine wearing compression 24/7. I had to have them remove my compression socks after my heart surgery because I couldn't sleep with them on. Big hugs to you!

You are doing great @Zaxa2021 . Are your running shoes getting old? I start getting shin splints when I need to get new ones. Enjoy your Grand Canyon hike! I would love to do that someday.