8 stone to lose. Starting… NOW!

Options
Hi all,

Going to keep this brief. I’m a 32 year old woman(child) with around 8 stone to lose. Currently starting at: 18 stone 9.6 lbs (261.6 lbs)
Goal weight: 10 stone. (140 lbs)

It’s been a long journey which if you have weight struggles I’m sure you’ll be familiar with. Up down up down up down.

I’m going to start with smaller goals. My first is to lose 1 stone (14lbs) by 26th July by losing 2 lbs per week.
Going to do this by calorie counting and also light exercise to begin with. In terms of my exercise I’m in pretty bad shape right now so I need to begin slowly.

Mainly posting on here to hold myself accountable but if your journey sounds similar or you just want to say hi, keep each other motivated etc then please do so!

Replies

• Le5ley2020
    Le5ley2020 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m in a similar place. I’m going to try hard this week to eat well and get some regular steps in to try and get the scales moving in the right direction. Good luck for this week, I hope it goes well.
  • RissasPieces
    RissasPieces Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hey! im 36 with about 14 stones to lose and would love some accountability partners too! good luck on getting started and getting to your first goal! im going to send you a friend request so we can see each others dailies
  • adachinenye
    adachinenye Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'd like to join; started again today and I'm at a similar stage as you. CW 280lbs, GW 175lbs. I'm 5ft 10 though, so I can't go lower than 175lbs or I lose my curves.

My plan (started today) is 1700 net cals and 30-60 minutes exercise bike or walking. I'm in a net calorie deficit today because I did an hour on the bike, so feeling positive.

Good luck everyone!
  • Aphrodeity
    Aphrodeity Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks for the responses! I didn’t get notified of these, find this forum a bit tricky to use. I can’t figure out how to send friend requests so please all feel free to send me one if you know how!
    We got this 🙌
  • Aphrodeity
    Aphrodeity Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh and update I actually lost 3 lbs my first week! :) weighing day is tomorrow so I’m hoping to have lost 1lb minimum to stay on track :)
  • Nathawesome
    Nathawesome Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nice Job! Keep up the great work!
  • adachinenye
    adachinenye Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Aphrodeity wrote: »
    Oh and update I actually lost 3 lbs my first week! :) weighing day is tomorrow so I’m hoping to have lost 1lb minimum to stay on track :)

That's awesome! What's your calorie/excerise allowance, and did you find it easy to stick to?

I think the great thing about being very overweight (100lbs+) is that our bodies just chuck it it off as soon as we move, haha! It's really encouraging at the start.

I haven't been doing this a full week yet so I don't know how I got on. But I went for a health check up on Monday and I lost 9lbs just by finding out that my scale was wrong, lol. So I've adjusted my starting point down to 271lbs and I'll weigh in again next Monday at the clinic. I also adjusted my goal to lose 20% bodyweight instead of the full amount, as that looks too daunting.
  • Sammi_x_
    Sammi_x_ Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi there Aphrodeity
    I am currently the same :smiley: I am about 16.5st I think? Give or take a couple pounds. I also would like to get down to around 10st.
    At the moment I am an office worker so find it hard to lose weight but have not long started myself! I can not run to save my life! :D BUT I am determined to lose this.

Be great to keep in touch and help each other out.
  • Sammi_x_
    Sammi_x_ Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Aphrodeity wrote: »
    Hi all! Thanks for the responses! I didn’t get notified of these, find this forum a bit tricky to use. I can’t figure out how to send friend requests so please all feel free to send me one if you know how!
    We got this 🙌

I have sent you a request :)