An old newbie

Options
Hello everyone,
I’m back in the saddle again. I’m very excited, so much new happenings on here!! I’m looking forward to this new way of life.

Replies

• MovinNow
    MovinNow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi @DefaultGirl1 ! Glad you’re back. I was on mfp a few years back , but didn’t really commit , and only used it for a few weeks. I’ve been back a month, tracking food, and tracking the little amount of exercise I’m currently doing. I’m so encouraged, as I find that tracking=better eating=feeling better=more active. My goal is to lose 1lb per week, so it will take me a while to get from cw262 to gw of 160, but slow and steady will win! What are your goals in using mfp?
    Cheers from Seattle
  • adachinenye
    adachinenye Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hi, I'm kinda the same. Been a member almost 10 years but never took it seriously and now I'm up to 280lbs at 5ft 10, gw = 175. The plan is 1700 net calories a day and 60 minutes biking; never mind the macros for now - perfect is the enemy of good. I'll get to that once my routines are well established. I just watched a youtube video where this guy was talking about letting go of the struggle with food as a way to stop thinking about food all the time and being obsessed with it (as I am), and it made sense. I really hope we can both do it this time!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    never mind the macros for now - perfect is the enemy of good. I'll get to that once my routines are well established.

Amen! I encourage trying to accurately log breakfast for a week straight, work up to a whole day, and work up to dialing in macros, and work up to moving toward my healthy weight, work up to maintenance, work up to have a good healthy happy life. My all or nothing thinking (obsessing) doesn't help.
  • WepzUK
    WepzUK Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. How's it going?
  • franiexp
    franiexp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to get back into mfp as well. Last year I lost around 50lbs using mfp with a focus on macros eating, but I don't 100% follow it as a diet. I then had a loss and just couldn't get my head on straight and gained 40lbs back. I'm excited to work on me though, cause honestly when I'm focused and working on tracking and losing weight I do feel better overall. I just need to really work on consistency.